Turkey NT 2020

• Lol, yet another player being overrated by Beri. Now when I thought we were done with Meryem, Beri started to love Buse Unal :D

I was not comparing Cagla with Cansu. But for VNL Guidetti has to call 3 setters. Options will be Naz, Cansu with guaranteed spots and then a third setter, which will most likely be one of the Buse Unal/Cagla. Besides, Buse Unal was with the NT last year in one of the VNL rounds, she was not great except her serves.

Anyway I agree that Cansu gets shaky and nervous easily. Question is, will Guidetti prefer someone inexperienced in the bench or Cagla?

OMG, which other mediocre GS player did I force? If you think Asli is mediocre compared to other Turkish MBs, you seriously are biased.

• at least my 'overrated' players make it to NT and sometimes are the big reason that NT makes it to OG at all :teach: while y'all were rooting for who was it... Polen? over Meryem Boz :rolll:

I also pushed Zehra, Cansu Ozbay for a long time :heart:

I think many of us still have PTSD from Cagla's turn in NT simply that's it, so thats y I may be overreacting a little and she just had too many chances. Some of the ugliest vb the nt has shown imo the last couple years was when Cagla was setting. Sure if she was so great than I'd pick her, but she is not complementing Cansu in any way and is as nervous but w/o the talent. Buse Unal is pretty cool-headed, it's not something that just comes with experience clearly (or always), Naz was the same as a kid too.

Btw I disagree about Buse in VNL, many people here, foreign also noted they really liked her short stay and coolheadedness. I think it was Sitenoise and USAvfan but not 100%

Asli is ok, there is times I like her a lot as well, I prefer Yasemin (and obv Kubra before her) but wouldn't be mad with Asli either.

• Haha we even watched Nursevil as setter during one summer in the NT, so let's not be too harsh on Cagla :D

Meanwhile, Kubra got benched by Zehra today as well. 2/8 in attacking, 2 errors against Nilufer, I wonder if she will get in shape anytime soon. I hope she will play the whole VNL though, my MB duo during VNL is Kubra and Asli and Yasemin at the bench clearly. Zehra and Eda should rest a bit.

• Kubra's performance is definitely questionable, which obviously is not entirely her fault. But this must be the chance of Asli and Yasemin's life now. VNL will be fun.

I'd even call Janset for NT (wide roster), I think she will be overwhelmed and outclassed but looking at her stats, she deserves a chance at least I guess in the pre-season trainings.

• I thought we were done with setter conflicts with Beri when Ezgi Dilik retired but here we go again😂

Anyway this time the debate won't get heated because I also like Buse Ünal and I agree that Cansu terribly needs someone who can block at the bench wherever she plays either in NT or VB. She is such a big hole in block:white:

About MB discussion, kubra, Asli and Yasemin should play VNL and should simply show which one deserves the spot more. To me having Cemre as 4th MB also sounds good, she is putting good numbers in last 2 years constantly so she deserves to get noticed. I indeed expect her to transfer either FB or GS next year:heart:

• Buse in VNL, many people here, foreign also noted they really liked her short stay and coolheadedness. I think it was Sitenoise and USAvfan but not 100%

I remember noticing her and asking about her which means I liked her, but at this point I don't remember why. I think I'm confusing her in my mind with that AGY fashion model setter

• I have been meaning to say this but somehow haven’t and I just saw Turkey vs Brazil match in Grand Prix 2017, it is impossible not to notice how Hande put on some real weight. She better take care of herself because it might affect her performance and development. It looks like it affected her posture.

I believe freedom and its everybody’s own body, they can do whatever they want to to their bodies, especially with the pressure the men put on women to look perfect all the time but this is not about it. When you aim to be a top athlete, play in a top NT and club in the world, you need to take care of yourself more carefully. Do not try to bash me by not understanding the point.

• I have been meaning to say this but somehow haven’t and I just saw Turkey vs Brazil match in Grand Prix 2017, it is impossible not to notice how Hande put on some real weight. She better take care of herself because it might affect her performance and development. It looks like it affected her posture.

I believe freedom and its everybody’s own body, they can do whatever they want to to their bodies, especially with the pressure the men put on women to look perfect all the time but this is not about it. When you aim to be a top athlete, play in a top NT and club in the world, you need to take care of yourself more carefully. Do not try to bash me by not understanding the point.

Great example of 'I don't judge you, but I do'

• Great example of 'I don't judge you, but I do'

However, Umu DOES have a point, however distasteful it might be to talk about it. For the best case of physique dragging (literally!) a player down just look at Plak. Hande does not want to be Plak 2.0, does she?

• If they want to achieve the maximum of their potential, they do. If not, oh well.

• Problem is when you point out something like that to a woman, it sounds harsh and inappropriate. If you do the same to a man, everything is okay.

Pro atheles takes care of they bodies. Now I don't even know whether Hande was more thin or not and I don't care. Of course, if she stays in her best possible shape, she's a better player, like every other human being.

• Problem is when you point out something like that to a woman, it sounds harsh and inappropriate. If you do the same to a man, everything is okay.

Pro atheles takes care of they bodies. Now I don't even know whether Hande was more thin or not and I don't care. Of course, if she stays in her best possible shape, she's a better player, like every other human being.

yes but I already explained that my point is not about a women’s body, an athlete’s body.

• yes but I already explained that my point is not about a women’s body, an athlete’s body.

I know. I was just saying that when you point out to a woman athlete, it's automatically body shaming to many people and when you do the same to a man athlete, then everything is okay.

• I know. I was just saying that when you point out to a woman athlete, it's automatically body shaming to many people and when you do the same to a man athlete, then everything is okay.

I didn't say that it is ok. I don't think it is up to any of us to criticize their lifestyle choices, no matter which gender it is.

• Interesting to see Yeliz Başa looking better than ever! She apparently won 2018-2019 Thai League and I know Thai league isn't known as the best league in the world but it's definitely not a bad one either! She played with and against some golden Thai players as well, Nootsara and Malika were for example in her team, sad I missed out on watching. 30 points in the final.

She apparently also played in the Indonesian league earlier that season.

Anyone knows if she played at all in season 2019/2020?

• Yes, Yeliz started the season in Tirana, Albania, but after few weeks club relased the contracts with foreigners.

Later, she moved to Puerto Rico. QPL would be able to say you more about her performance.