Russia -Superleague 2019-2020

• I was hoping that Fakel will take either Kovalev or Poroshin(whici one was free) so that they can take a foreign OH. I like Bogdan and all, but it s not there yet, or maybe a foreign OPP.Btw we forgot about Dinamo Moscow.Sokolov is coming in so either Zhigalov or number 20( I will not try to spell his name) will leave.Maybe Fakel can take one of them.But what will Kusbass do ? They lost their first 2 scoring options and a really solid middle.

• I was hoping that Fakel will take either Kovalev or Poroshin(whici one was free) so that they can take a foreign OH. I like Bogdan and all, but it s not there yet, or maybe a foreign OPP.Btw we forgot about Dinamo Moscow.Sokolov is coming in so either Zhigalov or number 20( I will not try to spell his name) will leave.Maybe Fakel can take one of them.But what will Kusbass do ? They lost their first 2 scoring options and a really solid middle.

Yeah Kuzbass got it's roster for 2020 seriously downgraded lol If not for Kobzar staying, I don't think they will be able to compete on the same level as other teams in the Superleague. Re Kovalev, maybe he can transfer to Lokomotiv as I don't think Abaev will be the team's main setter as he is quite young and inexperienced. Fakel needs a decent OPP, such a pity Padzar left. If Fakel can't get a decent option, maybe Kluka can be converted as OPP and have Volkov and Bogdan play as OHs. For now at least, Petersburg seems to be the best team on paper especially if they get to sign Brizard.

• Does somebody have the final rosters or a link to the rosters?

http://www.volleyservice.ru/in…s&task=standings&gender=m

Google translation isn't accurate but this is a great site for the russian league if you want quick information about rosters, standings, statistics and even local volleyball news.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Below you can check a great sum up of the first round.

http://www.volley.ru/news/22571/

The league seems promising this year. Quite a few important moves within the league and now there are many potential winning contenders.
    Zenit St. Petersburg started slow. It seems that Kliuka & Camejo might take a while to function, being both offensive OHs.

• As far as I know he is ok, but he didn't play at the preliminary stage of the russian cup, so that was his first game of the season. Worthwhile mentioning that Lokomotiv St. Petersburg had many Covid-19 infections while playing at the russian cup. I don't know who though and whether that might still be impacting their performance.

• As far as I know he is ok, but he didn't play at the preliminary stage of the russian cup, so that was his first game of the season. Worthwhile mentioning that Lokomotiv St. Petersburg had many Covid-19 infections while playing at the russian cup. I don't know who though and whether that might still be impacting their performance.

I think we might not get to see the best of players and teams this season, not just for the Russian League but generally. They have quarantine themselves which means they cannot train and it affects their progress. Infected players must be suffering a lot also.

• Is Poletaev okay? It was supposed to be a great clash of Opposite VS Zaytsev.

Did we watch the same game? Poletaev did play against his former team but this was before the official start of the Russian League 2020 (Russian Cup to be exact)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUiNNvBxloA

• Is Shoji still in Fakel? Never saw him in the last 2 games of the team. Hmmmm

• The league seems wide open for any team this season.

There are no clear favourites yet.

The two Zenits are struggling to win sometimes. Very troubling especially for St. Petersburg which invested quite a lot on Kliuka and Poletaev.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

The two Zenits are struggling to win sometimes. Very troubling especially for St. Petersburg which invested quite a lot on Kliuka and Poletaev.

you think Poletaev worth the money? I saw the match against Zaytsev’s team and he was kinda struggling on the first set

I actually think Kazan is now the favorite especially after winning the Russian SuperCup against Lokomotiv in 5 sets.. Prior to that, they also won a 5-set match against Fakel which, historically, is a difficult opponent for them. Bednorz is a wonderful addition to the team, and Maxim back playing to his natural position, they are a better team at least if we compare them to last season.

To the one who is asking, yes Shoji is still with Fakel. Volkov-Shoji ship is still alive and well :lol:

• It's not hard to conclude why Shoji missed last 2 games.

Meanwhile, Belgorod sacked Igor Juričić after only 2 championship games, both losses at home, but even Velasco cannot help this Belgorod team.

Sport policy of Belgorod is totally missed, Juričić is 4th sacked coach in less than a year :sos::aww:

Once great club is turning into mid-table team due father-in-law & son-in-law vision..

Clear favs are Zenit's despite results so far as both teams were struggling with COVID-19 within team and they are far from optimal shape

• Looking at the rosters, some teams seem to be changing quite a lot and are yet to play with their full roster. As someone already mentioned it is not only happening in Russia, other leagues have the same problem. Be it due to Covid or a short pre-season which can leads to more injuries/bad shape.

I do agree that both Zenits are favourite, Bednorz was a great addition to Kazan, but I would add Moscow too. They have started quite well and have a balanced team with a solid bench. Re bench, that's where St. Petersburg may suffer, I don't see a good depth and Kliuka/Camejo can be problematic against a powerful serving team.

• Later tonight the match between the 2 still undefeated teams - Kazan & Kuzbass. Zaytsev needs to perform at least 80% of his abilities, otherwise I think Kazan should take it.

• Later tonight the match between the 2 still undefeated teams - Kazan & Kuzbass. Zaytsev needs to perform at least 80% of his abilities, otherwise I think Kazan should take it.

So Zenit destroyed Kuzbass in 3 games. As expected, Zaytsev is nowhere close to his "best" level. At least for now I think Zaytsev can no longer be considered a Top 5 Opp. Even his serving prowess is no longer there. On the other hand, although he was blocked more than I would have liked, Mikhaylov is just so consistent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7sP62XUUPU

• How is Poletaev doing so far? He is the future of Russian NT right?

Yes, but Russian NT has other options such as Klets, Yakovlev, Sapozhkov and even Murashko.