Russia -Superleague 2019-2020

• Yes, but Russian NT has other options such as Klets, Yakovlev, Sapozhkov and even Murashko.

Poletaev is the first in line as heir apparent to Maxim. From the names you mentioned, I think Murashko is the one that really has potential to make it big but I think it will be 2-3 more years before he can play in senior NT.

• Just reviewed the game of Kazan vs Kuzbass

Kazan outplayed Kuzbass in serve and reception. It's no surprise they won the game.

Sivo looks so different with a new haircut and shaved face. He looks 10 year younger than the season when he's with St.Petersburg.

And he played very well in this game. Zaytsev's attack was good too. Kobzar was off today.

BB seems happy with current Kazan team. He gained confidence on serve and attack. Butko had some solid passes at pos 3 and 2, but his pass at pos 4 was bad as always, which made very uncomfortable for NG and BB to spike.

Volkov is a good deal for Kazan this season. His experience on net and blocking skills will help the team for sure.

• Russian league is more enjoyable to watch this season compared to previous one. Kazan is no longer the overwhelming favorite (but favorite nonetheless), and we have at least 5-6 teams that are on the same level.. Kazan were lucky winning both 5 setter matches against Fakel and Lokomotiv, now the only teams who have a chance to beat Kazan is Zenit SpB and Moscow (if they have a very good day).

Lokomotiv by the way is on quarantine and will have a 14-day break from the competition. Too bad as they are my favorite team hope they can come back stronger :box:

• Besides Lokomotiv Novosibirsk, the following teams have also been put in quarentine: Nizhny Novgorod, Belogorie Belgorod and Neftyanik Orenburg.

With all this pauses and different conditions, it just gets harder to predict something. Probably teams with a good depth in key positions will succed.

Kazan definitily outplayed kuzbass, but in fairness, Zaitsev did a good job, being the biggest scorer with 62% in attack. The true is that in the others postions, given normal conditions there is just no comparison...

• I started following Russian League (both men & women) thanks to the YouTube HD replays. I like the men’s league a lot. Very competetive and high level of play in most of the match. I realized Russia has so many talented local players & they look very young too. Sorry if that is not the case coz I am starting to follow them recently.

my favorite team right now is Moscow & St. Petersburg. These 2 can give Mikhaylov & co a run for their money.

a quick question, is Pankov the Moscow’s setter somehow related to the Pankov of the women’s NT setter? Aside from the same name, he resembles her appearance a little bit.

• I started following Russian League (both men & women) thanks to the YouTube HD replays. I like the men’s league a lot. Very competetive and high level of play in most of the match. I realized Russia has so many talented local players & they look very young too. Sorry if that is not the case coz I am starting to follow them recently.

my favorite team right now is Moscow & St. Petersburg. These 2 can give Mikhaylov & co a run for their money.

a quick question, is Pankov the Moscow’s setter somehow related to the Pankov of the women’s NT setter? Aside from the same name, he resembles her appearance a little bit.

Yes, she is his sister! Pankov is supposed to be the principal setter after Butko and Grankin's retiring, but there is still other options like Abaev who is improving faster. Even Kobzar and Kovalev could be part of the team.

• Yes, she is his sister! Pankov is supposed to be the principal setter after Butko and Grankin's retiring, but there is still other options like Abaev who is improving faster. Even Kobzar and Kovalev could be part of the time.

No wonder. But I must I like him better than his sister. 😂 I just think her sister is a mess. 😂 I do like Kobzar but sometimes it seems like he is a little bit unstable. Which team does Abaev & Kovalev play? I wanna watch them closely coz I always like a setter.

Russia also have so many good MBs. Can you tell me who to watch and what team they are playing for?

• No wonder. But I must I like him better than his sister. 😂 I just think her sister is a mess. 😂 I do like Kobzar but sometimes it seems like he is a little bit unstable. Which team does Abaev & Kovalev play? I wanna watch them closely coz I always like a setter.

Russia also have so many good MBs. Can you tell me who to watch and what team they are playing for?

Pankov was supposed to be the next big upcoming setter of Russia, but he played rather unspectacular that's why he didn't get invited to senior NT. Abaev (Lokomotiv) I think will have a brighter future than Pankov in NT, he is only 21 years old and already playing as starter in the SuperLeague for a top team!

Russia has many good MBs where do I start. I would rank the MB pairing for the Top 6 teams in no order:

1. Iakovlev-Filippov/Pashitskiy (St. Petersburg) - Maybe not the strongest, but definitely the most balanced MB lineup

2. Kurkaev-Scherbinin (Novisibirsk) - Scherbinin is the best blocking MB in the league IMHO

3. Volvich-Kononov/A. Volokov (Kazan) - A. Volkov is proving to be a good investment for Kazan this season, not bad for a 'mature' MB

4. Scherbakov-Krsmanovich (Kuzbass) - Krsmanovich is a very good attacking MB and Kobzar uses him to the fullest

5. Vlasov/Likoshertov (Moscow) - Weakest MB lineup among the top teams

6. Dikarev/Gutsalyuk (Fakel) - If up and coming MBs are what you're after, I believe Dikarev is the most promising one (along with Kononov)

• For young generation of Russian MBs, I am gonna pick up Iakovlev, Kurkaev, Dikarev, or maybe Filippov if he could maintain his body shape.

Volokov and Scherbinin are established and expierenced MBs, but they are both over 30s.

• Kovalev is playing for St. Petersburg this season. He is a back up of Antione Brizard.

It's not a good sign for him. He's supposed to be a rising star, and he played great in VNL final 6 in 2018. But he choked many time in clutch time.

• For young generation of Russian MBs, I am gonna pick up Iakovlev, Kurkaev, Dikarev, or maybe Filippov if he could maintain his body shape.

Volokov and Scherbinin are established and expierenced MBs, but they are both over 30s.

Vlasov is other interesting option. Let's see how he does this season. Btw, Filippov is not so young... he is 29 yo.

• Vlasov is other interesting option. Let's see how he does this season. Btw, Filippov is not so young... he is 29 yo.

Vlasov plays like a dumb kid on net. He's too slow at moving even with his height. His block at pos 3 is nonexistent

• Is #1 of Moscow a NT prospect? He is doing quite good. And #8 of Fankel, the loverboy of Shoji. 😂 I think he is in the NT right?

man there are so many good players on this league i am going crazy trynna keep up with the names. Other than Kliuka, who is the other OH for Russia that play in this league?

I didn't really consider Kurkaev and Iakovlev up-and-coming as they already established themselves in NT (especially Kurkaev) and was referring to a younger generation of MBs.

• Vlasov plays like a dumb kid on net. He's too slow at moving even with his height. His block at pos 3 is nonexistent

Yeah Vlasov is the male version of Efimova in NT lol But even Efimova has improved her game considerably can't say the same for Vlasov.. Sad really as in hindsight he seemed to have the most potential among Russia's 'Golden Boys' apart from Poletaev.

• Two big matches in today and tomorrow.

Kuzbass vs Moscow - Let's see if Moscow continues it's unbeaten run but I still favor Kuzbass in this encounter.

Kazan - St. Petersburg - This is the match I'm most excited about. Let's see if the ebst verions of Poletaev and Kiluka shows up this coming Sunday. :box:

Moscow and Kazan are the only 2 teams that remain unbeatn so far, let's see if that will change.

• Kovalev is playing for St. Petersburg this season. He is a back up of Antione Brizard.

:what::down: