Russia -Superleague 2019-2020

• Kuzbass- Moscow 1-1 now we have a game. Sokolov seems to be in better shape this season compared to when he was in Kazan.

• Moscow is still undefeated!

Glad you watched the game! Sokolov was amazing the entire match except for that random awkward low sets.

Hopefully Kazan-Zenit tomorrow is close as exciting as this match

• Glad you watched the game! Sokolov was amazing the entire match except for that random awkward low sets.

Hopefully Kazan-Zenit tomorrow is close as exciting as this match

i was at the edge of my seat towards the end of set 4. I thought Moscow gonna lose it and head to a tie breaker when they were behind 15-10 coz Kuzbass was on fire but they turned things around!

Sokolov was just amazing. And my man Deroo, he was quite but he performed well when he was needed to be.

Tomorrow we will see the match between Mikhaylov VS his heir, Poletaev. Cannot wait!

• Yes, she is his sister! Pankov is supposed to be the principal setter after Butko and Grankin's retiring, but there is still other options like Abaev who is improving faster. Even Kobzar and Kovalev could be part of the team.

He was definitely expected to be in NT along with the other golden boys, but then Kobzar and Kovalev got the " young spots" back then. I feel like he took a little longer to mature, but IMO he is the best option for the NT at the moment.

Unfortunately, I don't think he will have a chance till after Tokyo. Sammelvuo will probably stick to Kozar, Kovalev, and Butko as they have been part of teh team for most of the olimpic cycle. I certainly wouldn't bring Butko, but Kovalev's sets are so unstable. It is really whether his skills in blocking and serving which are really really great in an inverson are worthy the risk or not. Sometimes people forget that it is not only about who is better, but who can bring something that particular team needs.

• He was definitely expected to be in NT along with the other golden boys, but then Kobzar and Kovalev got the " young spots" back then. I feel like he took a little longer to mature, but IMO he is the best option for the NT at the moment.

Unfortunately, I don't think he will have a chance till after Tokyo. Sammelvuo will probably stick to Kozar, Kovalev, and Butko as they have been part of teh team for most of the olimpic cycle. I certainly wouldn't bring Butko, but Kovalev's sets are so unstable. It is really whether his skills in blocking and serving which are really really great in an inverson are worthy the risk or not. Sometimes people forget that it is not only about who is better, but who can bring something that particular team needs.

who are these goldeb boys of russia? the only one i know is Poletaev.

• Moscow is stronger than Kuzbass on attacking.

They have two solid attackers, Sokolov and Deroo, while Kuzbass only has Zaytsev.

Pankov played a solid game. Deroo's spike at pos 4 was unstoppable.

Zaytsev played a decent game, but the other two OHs were too week.

You clealy saw Zaytsev was so tired at the end of the set #4.

Markin is horrible from offense to defense. He's a loophole in this team.

Kobzar did well in set #1 and #2, but had some bad passes in set #3 and set #4.

• Agreed. Deroo-Sokolov duo were unstoppable & Pankov did a good job distributing the ball kuzbass OHS were not helping Zaytsev at all. So excited to see the next match from Moscow. Although I have to say their MBs are not that top tier.

• Agreed. Deroo-Sokolov duo were unstoppable & Pankov did a good job distributing the ball kuzbass OHS were not helping Zaytsev at all. So excited to see the next match from Moscow. Although I have to say their MBs are not that top tier.

Likhosherstov and Vlasov are a weak MB duo, compared with other top teams.

Likhosherstov is ok. He's an experience MB after all. His floating serve is very offensive.

Vlasov can only attack at pos 3, no blocking at all. His moving is slow, and reaction is slow too.

• Besides the fake blonde MB, Dynamo Moscow is a pretty hot team. lol

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney