Russia -Superleague 2019-2020

• I honestly think what Kazan needs are new fresh setters. Butko aint cutting it anymore. The zero involvement of the MBs it what separating him down from younger setters of other teams. And dont even get me started with his back up setter Alekno who is there just because his father is the head coach. Without the connection no team would want him. Kazan’s setter from the youth team or any back up setters from other teams can totally replace Alekno’s son but we know that aint happening.

What about the back up setter of St Petersburg? Heard good things about him but haven’t watched him plays.

• Well, according to this, Kazan wanna hire Bruno next season, so probably this is the last season of Butko...

http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2…zan-fa-unofferta-a-bruno/

Btw, today Kazan kinda missed A. Volkov and Volvich.

• What about the back up setter of St Petersburg? Heard good things about him but haven’t watched him plays.

It seems Sammelvuo doesn't like him so much. He doesn't even have a chance in NT... last year he was the 4th setter and now with Pankov and Abaev, he'll probably be the 6th setter :rolll:.

• Kazan still maintains the same system as when Leon & Anderson were there, but it just doesn’t work anymore. Ngapeth can’t do what Leon did for the team, Bartosz’s reception is much weaker than Anderson.

While the MBs are still invisible in attack for most of the time, Maxim’s age would definitely cause more up & down in his game, and with Butko’s predictable and sometimes inaccurate sets, it’s really unfair for Alenko to openly criticize Bartosz in this way. Alenko himself should be responsible for what‘s going on within the team, not Bartosz.

I agree with every point. Kazan has failed since Leon left, and Alekno should be aware he does have responsibility on that too, not only the players.

• It is said that Alekno was inclined to part with the Frenchman for such a violation of discipline, but the players stood up for Ngapeth. The Frenchman is back, plays well, but also does not show the quality of volleyball that they want from him. And this whole situation as a whole did not affect the atmosphere in the team in the best way.

https://sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/261695

• It seems Sammelvuo doesn't like him so much. He doesn't even have a chance in NT... last year he was the 4th setter and now with Pankov and Abaev, he'll probably be the 6th setter :rolll:.

I think Kovalev is actually a good prospect for Kazan and can suit their physical game, he can be imprecise yes, and IMO much more creative than Butko. He was brilliant during VNL 2018 but his performance declined. That, or Kazan can offer/buy Kobzar from Kuzbass and join his former team.

• After all the drama and roller coaster this year, I would be surprised if Ngapeth stays so Kazan should have a free foreign spot for next season. Who do you think Kazan should go for? Should they bring back one of Leon or Anderson? What do you guys think? Personally I think Kazan should restructure the team next season and get rid of the old stars main offender being Butko to me :lol: If they plan to get a foreign setter, then they need a good, local OH to play with Bednorz, and Volkov or Semyshev comes to mind.

• It is said Ngapeth will go back to Modena. Now if Bruno is considered, might be a good incentive for him to stay. I think the story is over though. It’s not only him, Kazan needs to shake the tree and some players of the starting 6 should Definitely go

• It is said that Alekno was inclined to part with the Frenchman for such a violation of discipline, but the players stood up for Ngapeth. The Frenchman is back, plays well, but also does not show the quality of volleyball that they want from him. And this whole situation as a whole did not affect the atmosphere in the team in the best way.

https://sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/261695

I think there was an initial misunderstanding where ngapeth would kind of replace 1 to 1 Leon and everything stays the same. That was simply not possible cause no player has the same impact as Leon in his position. Put that comparison side, Ngapeth did not deliver on the offensive side Anyways for various reasons - that surely frustrated him as well as the whole team.

• I think there was an initial misunderstanding where ngapeth would kind of replace 1 to 1 Leon and everything stays the same. That was simply not possible cause no player has the same impact as Leon in his position. Put that comparison side, Ngapeth did not deliver on the offensive side Anyways for various reasons - that surely frustrated him as well as the whole team.

We that are not working directly with volleyball knows that Earvin has a different style of playing volleyball than Leon. I THINK that cant be real a fact that peopple related to volleyball expected Earvin to play the same role in the same system that Leon played in Kazan.

Earvin can play greater than Leon, but IMO he needs a system that allows him to put his bests.

Leon can play great in any circuntancy.

• Ngapeth is no longer with the team mentally. In his mind, he is probably thinking about spending the next season in warm Italy :wavy: I don't neccesarily agree on placing the blame on Bednorz. He was playing a different, faster kind of volleyball in Modena and with Butko's VERY predictable setting, Russian blockers are always ready for him. Mikhaylov reminds me of Goncharova in a way. They can still be effective opposites, but both are clearly past their primes and their age is causing their game to be more inconsistent . Alekno needs to ditch his son too :lol:

• It seems Sammelvuo doesn't like him so much. He doesn't even have a chance in NT... last year he was the 4th setter and now with Pankov and Abaev, he'll probably be the 6th setter :rolll:.

I dont understand why Kovalev doesnt start on any team? He looked very good in the VNL 2018.

• Kovalev was a starter for a long time in Ural Ufa, and then Sammelvuo brought him to Zenit St. Petersburg, but as Brizard is also there he is benching. What is surprising is that he is not even being used in inversion, and that used to happen a lot as he has a great block/serve. This probably means that he didn't live up to Sammelvuo's expectations and is highly likely out of the NT.

• So we have big, big games scheduled this weekend: Petersburg vs Kazan, Moscow vs Kuzbass, and Lokomotiv vs Fakel.

Petersburg vs Kazan - Kazan is looking to break their 6 game losing streak, but it won't be easy against Zenit. Kliuka and Poleatev played very well on their last match. If Zenit wins, they are in good contention to finish Top 2 and directly qualify to Final 6.

Moscow - Kuzbass - If Moscow wins, a big chance for them to reach #1, Kuzbass winning will add intrigue to the standings (they are currently ranked #1, but Moscow have fewer matches played). I think both team has equal chances, but the renewed confidence of Moscow after winning Russian Cup will surely help them and I think Sokolov will have returned to the team.

Fakel - Lokomotiv - Both teams are ranked #5 and #6 so I don't think it will matter that much who wins. Lokomotiv has the superior MB and Opp matchup on paper, but Fakel is no pushover.

• Fakel's serve reception will be challenged by Lokomotiv.

Lokomotiv's main issue is the quick rotation the OPP and LH1 back to their normal positions.

If Fakel can exploit the weakness of Lokomotiv, they might've a chance.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Sammelvuo probably hates Kovalev because they look like twins. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Sammelvuo probably hates Kovalev because they look like twins. :gone:

OMG :lol: But if Kovalev truly cares abut his career, he should move to a different team next year where he can play as starter. Or hope Brizard decides to play for another team