Russia -Superleague 2019-2020

• It's not a bad decision for him. After Leon left, Kazan was going down gradually. Then Anderson left, things were getting worse.

NG is a not a good leader or a good team player. Maxim was getting old too. Butko was a loophole now.

Unless Kazan rebuild the team with new OHs and setter, I don't know Alekno could stop the team spiral down.

I’d somewhat disagree About NG. He’s a moody character, Extravagant and uneasy to handle as we all know. But On the pitch I found him generally committed. He really one Of those keepIng it together during last 2 years. Team construction in Last2 years Plus the way he got used as defensive OH certainly frustrated him- as did his difficulties killing the Ball in pos 4. things could have been better for sure but that’s what it is. I see no future for him in Kazan anyways, and in Russian league in general. Michailov is still a dominant opposite in my view, who suffers from butko s Predictable distribution. The main Libero is tragic imo the main source of kazans trouble this year together with butko. Both should be replaced first thing. Bednorsz as offensive OH is a great fit, trust he’ll perform well again once things get back on track. MB’s I find ok.

• I’d somewhat disagree About NG. He’s a moody character, Extravagant and uneasy to handle as we all know. But On the pitch I found him generally committed. He really one Of those keepIng it together during last 2 years. Team construction in Last2 years Plus the way he got used as defensive OH certainly frustrated him- as did his difficulties killing the Ball in pos 4. things could have been better for sure but that’s what it is. I see no future for him in Kazan anyways, and in Russian league in general. Michailov is still a dominant opposite in my view, who suffers from butko s Predictable distribution. The main Libero is tragic imo the main source of kazans trouble this year together with butko. Both should be replaced first thing. Bednorsz as offensive OH is a great fit, trust he’ll perform well again once things get back on track. MB’s I find ok.

Well, NG is not a good leader based on his records.

As to club record, Look what Modena got when he's was with Modena. In five years, Modena could not even make one time final 4 in CL. One time superlega champion was the only trophy to save his ass.

As to France NT, look what France got in Olympics/WCH/WC when he was a core player.

Butko's passing is not only predictable, but also very unstable at pos 4. After CL final in 2018, Butko was on downhill, partially due to his leg injury. Now either Kobzar or Pankov is better than him.

As to libero, I agree Gulu was no way close to Verbov's level.

• If Vlasov continues playing like today, he could make it in the Olympic roster :super:

• NGP won world league twice with NT, and once the European championship. In club he won If not mistaken Italian scudetto twice, plus Italian cup, and reached CLs finals. So I’d say his records are quite ok, of course could have been better as always. To your point about leadership, With Modena and NT he has been extremely influential, the central piece and team Pretty much organized Around him. The traction he brings when chemistry is right makes him imo a leader and a real team player, or at least shows some capacity there. But then again, it takes a certain context For him to deliver that leadership - He’s the kind of guy that can Equally freak out anytime, which for me is a real limitation. From that angle I agree he has been repeatedly disappointing.

• I’d somewhat disagree About NG. He’s a moody character, Extravagant and uneasy to handle as we all know. But On the pitch I found him generally committed. He really one Of those keepIng it together during last 2 years. Team construction in Last2 years Plus the way he got used as defensive OH certainly frustrated him- as did his difficulties killing the Ball in pos 4. things could have been better for sure but that’s what it is. I see no future for him in Kazan anyways, and in Russian league in general. Michailov is still a dominant opposite in my view, who suffers from butko s Predictable distribution. The main Libero is tragic imo the main source of kazans trouble this year together with butko. Both should be replaced first thing. Bednorsz as offensive OH is a great fit, trust he’ll perform well again once things get back on track. MB’s I find ok.

Mikhailov and Volvich both extended their contracts with Kazan for next season, which is a start. I wonder if they'll actually get a new setter or libero though.

• Mikhailov and Volvich both extended their contracts with Kazan for next season, which is a start. I wonder if they'll actually get a new setter or libero though.

They want a new setter. Bruno and Micah are some of their options...

• Right, I forgot about the rumours going around. Christenson would be great especially if Bednorz stays next season. For the liberos, somehow I doubt they will change anything though :| but who knows

Well, they could try with Ilya Fedorov. IMHO, he is the best promising libero in Russia and the world.

• Mikhailov and Volvich both extended their contracts with Kazan for next season, which is a start. I wonder if they'll actually get a new setter or libero though.

So it seems Nimir to Kazan is not happening after all. Zenit has Poletaev, and Moscow has Sokolov wonder which top Russian club he is going to next season.. unless he plays as OH in Kazan?

• NGP won world league twice with NT, and once the European championship. In club he won If not mistaken Italian scudetto twice, plus Italian cup, and reached CLs finals. So I’d say his records are quite ok, of course could have been better as always. To your point about leadership, With Modena and NT he has been extremely influential, the central piece and team Pretty much organized Around him. The traction he brings when chemistry is right makes him imo a leader and a real team player, or at least shows some capacity there. But then again, it takes a certain context For him to deliver that leadership - He’s the kind of guy that can Equally freak out anytime, which for me is a real limitation. From that angle I agree he has been repeatedly disappointing.

Well, I assume we talk on a high standard here, given that NG is class A OH in the world after all.

For NT, I only count Olympics/WCH/WC. ECH is important, but I don't think it's that big. Think about Slovenia. they had two times runner-up in ECH, but look at their records in WCH. No one will say Slovenia is class A team. VNL champion weights even less. A lot of teams only send their second team or young players to gain experiences in VNL.

That NG is not a team player is based on what I have seen from his games in last 5 years. I am pissed off by his "I don't care" attitude on court. He's the kind of the guy who's been lazy on interaction and encouragement with his teammates. And he is indifferent when he makes crucial errors. His bold attack (such as tough open-net attacks) and unnecessary showoff in clutch time cost the game many times, either at Club or NT.

If you read volley news, you probably knew his drama off court as well. Even in this season, there was a big one. Not to mention what happened with him when he's with France NT and Modena in last a few years.

I am glad Kazan finally kick him out of the team after this season.

• Read on this rumor today. Dmitry Voklov is in the sights of both Kazan and Zenit. Hope Volkov ends up going to Kazan else Petersburg is starting to look like the Russian NT too much for my liking :wavy:

• Read on this rumor today. Dmitry Voklov is in the sights of both Kazan and Zenit. Hope Volkov ends up going to Kazan else Petersburg is starting to look like the Russian NT too much for my liking :wavy:

I hope Kazan won't buy Dmitry Voklov. He probably is the only player I don't like in NT.

• I hope Kazan won't buy Dmitry Voklov. He probably is the only player I don't like in NT.

I like Volkov. He can be a show-off at times, that's for sure. But I like that he is different, say from the shy and meek Poletaev or Kliuka.

• By the way, Moscow managed to defeat Petersburg again 3-1 in their match yesterday. Starting to look like Zenit will have to undergo playoff to reach Final 6.. Moscow for sure will be #1 seed.

• I'm not really a fan of Volkov moving to either Kazan or Zenit because the rest of the teams become less competitive. Not that the other players on Fakel are terrible or anything, but who knows where would they be in the standings without Volkov. If I really had to choose I'd rather he go to Kazan though. Zenit has too many NT members.

• By the way, Moscow managed to defeat Petersburg again 3-1 in their match yesterday. Starting to look like Zenit will have to undergo playoff to reach Final 6.. Moscow for sure will be #1 seed.

Agreed. I think Kuzbass is capable of finishing in #2 since the rest of their matches are against teams near the bottom of the standings like Dynamo-LO and Surgut. The rest of Kazan's matches are also against lower ranked teams, while Zenit still has 1 more match against Moscow and also against Fakel. Anything could happen though

• I see you re really focused on his attitude 😃I feel you there. Yes there’s too much drama with him and he is not a role model type of leader for sure. He lacks stability. In his Modena days I was in my OH top 10. Now I don’t know. And yes there s a strong buzz around cause of his show off style, that is A little delusional versus His actual Game contribution. Anyways agreed . Good he s leaving. I ll probably close there not to jam the thread, I guess we made our points :-)