Russia -Superleague 2019-2020

• The symbolic team of the "Final Six" of
    the Russian Championship according to "BO Sport"

MVP: Tsvetan Sokolov (Dynamo).

Binder: Pavel Pankov (Dynamo).

Diagonal: Maxim Mikhailov (Zenit-Kazan).

Blockers: Vadim Likhosherstov (Dynamo), Ilyas Kurkaev (Lokomotiv).

Spikers: Alexey Rodichev (Lokomotiv), Yegor Klyuka (Zenit St. Petersburg).

Libero: Alexey Obmochaev (Kuzbass).

I feel like this is more accurate, except I will have replaced Kurkaev with Iakovlev in the Blocker category and Yaroslav Podlesnik instead of Rodichev.

• Also for some unknown reason ZenitSP will keep Cameho even tho this means that every team they play against will score at least 10 aces per game. Also Kovalev will leave the team, good for him, Samuelvuo clearly doesn t like his style of playing. But at what Russian club he will go?

• Also for some unknown reason ZenitSP will keep Cameho even tho this means that every team they play against will score at least 10 aces per game. Also Kovalev will leave the team, good for him, Samuelvuo clearly doesn t like his style of playing. But at what Russian club he will go?

I read Kovalev is going to Belogorie.

• https://sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/264023

I am not sure whether these are rumours or already confirmed but some teams are already working hard to build up a better team, especially Belogorie.

I am surprised with Ivovic though, Lokomotiv-Lo is not a team you'd expect a player of his calibre to go, but it seems like the same path of Divis...

I am not sure whether these are rumours or already confirmed but some teams are already working hard to build up a better team, especially Belogorie.

I am surprised with Ivovic though, Lokomotiv-Lo is not a team you'd expect a player of his calibre to go, but it seems like the same path of Divis...

so... Yaroslav is staying in Moscow afterall :whistle:

Loko will have the same roster except for Perrin instead of Ivovic.

I believe Lokomotiv-Lo is where his calibre belongs now. Did he even perform well after his World League performance in 2016? I don’t think so. He must be working with an agent equivalent to SB Community in women side.

• I believe Lokomotiv-Lo is where his calibre belongs now. Did he even perform well after his World League performance in 2016? I don’t think so. He must be working with an agent equivalent to SB Community in women side.

He was good in the WCh 2018.

By the way, the club he'll play is called Dinamo-Lo :rolll:

• The only bright side of Kazan's 'bad' result this season, Sammelvuo will not be in any way pressured to include Butko and Volvich to NT. Kobzar-Pankov duo to Tokyo! That said, the two does seem to have a real rivalry right now, and although Pankov had a fantastic season, I would still expect the coach to make Kobzar as the team's main tie-in.

• So the undisputable fact so far:

Podlesnykh: 5 titles

Pankov: 3 titles

Kliuka: 1 title

Volkov: 1 title

Kobzar and Poletaev with Kazan trophies +1 club relevant trophy each with Kuzbass

Generally...people see Podlesnykh as second rate compared to Kliuka and Volkov but one great thing he knows better than both of them which is the most valuable trait of all... and that's winning.:super:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Podlesnykh may not be the most gifted OH, but he is consistent and deserves a spot in the 4 OHs going to Tokyo, especially if you consider he was a starting OH in the last two Russian champions.

• I think Volkov, Kliuka, and Podlesnykh spots are secured for Tokyo (barring any injuries). Bogdan, Semyshev, Voronkov and maybe the 'older ones' Sivozhelez, Markin, Karpukhov will all be vying for that 4th OH spot. But I personally want Berezhko to be included :rose: but I don't think Sammelvuo is particularly aware of his talents..

EDIT: I just googled Russia's 2016 OG roster and technically they only brought 3 OHs: Tetyukhin, Volkov, Kliuka and the 4th one is a libero converted to an OH Ermakov. Wonder if Russia will do the same this time around.

• I don't think Sammelvuo has that great trust on Podlesnykh. He maybe in the winning streak but his statistics is not that impressive. Bogdan, Voronkov and Semyshev are the more likely to be included in the line up. Plus their height is a great factor in the world stage.

• I read on the news that Volkov and Christenson will be joining Kazan next season. Bogdan will join Dynamo, Kobzar will join St. Petersburg and Lokomotiv will have Perrin. That's really interesting. I hope Fakel and Kuzbass will get good players in their line up too.

• I think Volkov, Kliuka, and Podlesnykh spots are secured for Tokyo (barring any injuries). Bogdan, Semyshev, Voronkov and maybe the 'older ones' Sivozhelez, Markin, Karpukhov will all be vying for that 4th OH spot. But I personally want Berezhko to be included :rose: but I don't think Sammelvuo is particularly aware of his talents..

EDIT: I just googled Russia's 2016 OG roster and technically they only brought 3 OHs: Tetyukhin, Volkov, Kliuka and the 4th one is a libero converted to an OH Ermakov. Wonder if Russia will do the same this time around.

To be fair Russia could not bring their very best line up to the 2016 olympics due to injuries (Musersky, Butko, Berezkho) and Markin due to doping.

Regarding Podlesnykh i think he is the 4th OH since he is more of a defensive player. The 3rd OH will be between Bogdan, Semyshev and Vonronkov since they are offensive OH.

for me Poletaev is the biggest question mark. With his subpar performance plus injury, I can see Sammelvuo leaving him unless he suddenly plays amazing in VNL. but aside from Musersky I cant really think of anyone who impressed me during the regular season to replace him

• Maxim Sapozkov, the 220cm pupil of Lokomotiv (yes taller than Muserskiy!) will be the opposite of Samoltor next season. Russia has such amazing young talents this is especially true on the men's side they are like Poland.