Russia -Superleague 2019-2020

• There's a new, young Opp who is lighting up the Russian league at the moment, 20 year-old Belarussian Vladislav Babkevich. RVF is definitely noticing..

• There's a new, young Opp who is lighting up the Russian league at the moment, 20 year-old Belarussian Vladislav Babkevich. RVF is definitely noticing..

I watched him in the last matches and he will definitely be a top player. RVF must talk to him :whistle:

• He has already debuted in senior Belarusian NT, I hope he'll stay loyal and Belarus creates some decent NT with him and Davyskiba in a future, because those 'bought' naturalizations are joke in a volleyball. It's not suprising that Babkevich and Davyskiba both started this season playing that well: Belarus was 4th at last Junior ECH with both of them being leaders of that team.

• He has already debuted in senior Belarusian NT, I hope he'll stay loyal and Belarus creates some decent NT with him and Davyskiba in a future, because those 'bought' naturalizations are joke in a volleyball. It's not suprising that Babkevich and Davyskiba both started this season playing that well: Belarus was 4th at last Junior ECH with both of them being leaders of that team.

In my opinion, there's a big difference between the naturalization say a Cuban to a Pole, than a Belarussian to Russian. For the latter, I think practcally they are the same people and I have heard there is an ongoing talk between the Presidents of both countries to have unification.. But I do get your point.

• IMO Russia should look into a foreign libero first rather than find another opposite from another soviet country. lol

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• In my opinion, there's a big difference between the naturalization say a Cuban to a Pole, than a Belarussian to Russian. For the latter, I think practcally they are the same people and I have heard there is an ongoing talk between the Presidents of both countries to have unification.. But I do get your point.

I've heard that too.

• Well, today Surgut beat Fakel, and Dinamo LO beat Ural.

Tomorrow there's Moscow vs Kuzbass, and Sunday, Lokomotiv vs Zenit SP :box:

• IMO Russia should look into a foreign libero first rather than find another opposite from another soviet country. lol

Actually come to think about it, Russia has has no good Opp prospects in the pipeline (maybe apart from Sapozkhov) as Mikhaylov will be retiring soon from the NT. His supoosed-to-be heir apparent Poletaev, is not really reliable and Russian fans mock him as "Viktor Crystal" for his fragility.

• Tomorrow there's Moscow vs Kuzbass, and Sunday, Lokomotiv vs Zenit SP :box:

Lokomotiv beating Moscow was a surprise, and I think Zenit's current level is not anything special, so I think this match is 50-50.

• In my opinion, there's a big difference between the naturalization say a Cuban to a Pole, than a Belarussian to Russian. For the latter, I think practcally they are the same people and I have heard there is an ongoing talk between the Presidents of both countries to have unification.. But I do get your point.

Well, the difference is Leon couldn't play for his NT because he got banned by a communist regime due to sick governmental policies, he would've never switched his NT eligibility if Cuba could have played with their A team on NT level (because they would've won every trophy possible). And if you ask me about my opinion, Cuba should've been excluded from international volleyball for as long as they don't change their rules 20 years ago, so I'm not a fan of a situation that as a consequence of lack of action, Brazil, Poland or Italy took the best Cuban players and visibly strenghten their teams.

But Butko or Pavlov could have played, and had played, for their NTs, but then decided to play for Russia because it was just more beneficial to them. I don't have anything against cases of Khtey or Musersky, who were born in Ukraine during Soviet Union period and then very early due to dual citizenship decided to represent Russia, because there your argument is correct, but when someone decided to represent Ukraine/Belarus on senior NT level, it should be a final decision.

Both cases are nothing less than exploiting week rules and actions of FIVB, but that's undermining of what NT competition should be about.

• My God... if this year is Lokomotiv's like it was for Dinamo Moscow last season then Zenit St. Petersburg should retire and try it another time... like 2022-23.:sos:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Semyshev is doing really well. He picks up where he left off last season, taking the starting spot from Deroo. Is there chance seeing him as starter for the NT soon?

So far, he's sharing playing time with Bogdan and rarely... Podlesnykh. Maybe as a receiver / opposite, he could start some times. He plays well on the right side. Not sure with his D ball backrow attack but he's still young to learn the ropes.

#FreeBritney

• TVstart really should upgrade its server.:white:

#FreeBritney

• So far, he's sharing playing time with Bogdan and rarely... Podlesnykh. Maybe as a receiver / opposite, he could start some times. He plays well on the right side. Not sure with his D ball backrow attack but he's still young to learn the ropes.

What happened to Zenith SPb anyway? Do you think with the return of Poletaev they will get better? I am rooting for Ykovlev.

• I guess Sammelvuo will move Kliuka back to OH2.:sos:

#FreeBritney

• What happened to Zenith SPb anyway? Do you think with the return of Poletaev they will get better? I am rooting for Ykovlev.

I don't see much improvement with Poletaev involved. IMO he's a good player but Zenith St. Petersburg should've focused on only one fragile player and that's Kliuka. Taking two fragile key players is suicide.

But then... People said many times that Poletaev plays best with Kobzar. I just don't really feel it is true anymore because russian fans are overestimating Poletaev's accompishment while heavily underestimating Podlesnykh's.

I mean yeah there's Kliuka... but Podlesnykh still provides power while being able to play fast and chaotic volleyball. Honestly, that's what's missing but Poletaev could be replaced easily by a much better foreign opposite who can play both types of volleyball and that someone should also be actually fit all through out the season. Something Poletaev has yet to do even in his championship season with Kuzbass.

#FreeBritney