Russia -Superleague 2019-2020

• Well, Moscow beat 3-0 Kuzbass , and Lokomotiv beat 3-0 Zenit SP. I like Abaev... in a fair world, he'd have already had a shot in the NT :gone:. It's a shame that we'll probably only see him when Kobzar decides to retire or Sammelvuo takes Pankov out of the NT.

These are the most interesting matches in the upcoming round :dance6::

Lokomotiv-Belogorie

Kazan-Moscow

Kuzbass-Zenit SP

• What? Abaev has never played with NT? That dude is really good tho. 😱

• So I'm late to the party and just watched the match between Zenit and Lokomotiv, and oh boy Zenit was outplayed in all aspects of the game by Loko. A few observations mostly for Zenit:

1. Kliuka is still a hit-and-miss at Opp, I think he is kinda confused and still wants to play as OH (not his fault)

2. Voronkov is still unreliable as ever whether as a starter or coming in as sub

3. I wonder why Zenit coaching staff just don't stick with Podrebenkin at Opp, yes Kliuka may be better at Opp (arguable), but Zenit is losing firepower on the left side and Urnaut is not the type of player to score 20+ per game

4. Why is Poleatev still not playing? Is Zenit saving him for the big matches? Which leads me to my next point and and my "biggest" question of all..

How come Sammelvuo's leash with Gazprom (and NT for that matter) is so long? I'm not sure how he explains to the sponsors about the team's losses, he is given close to ideal situations in the club and when you have the Olympics best OH, best blocker, and best libero and Urnaut who has been the stalwart for Slovenian NT, and yet he still manages to make this team lose and clearly there is something wrong/missing with this team (third set was especially awful against Lokomotiv). Going back to Poletaev, if he has this long-standing injury, why is he not being treated? He is in the sidelines.. as a mascot? I mean if he is really not healthy, then why can't the team rehabilitate him? So this is my conspiracy are you guys ready lol I think Poletaev is Sammelvuos scapegoat so he has always his reason for the team's losses. I hope I'm wrong though and we get to see Victor Crystalaev on court soon lol

Lastly, I just want to say if I were the coach, I wouldn't let both Yakovlev and Kurkaev join the team if they don't learn how to serve :gone::wavy:

• What? Abaev has never played with NT? That dude is really good tho. 😱

He just played junior tournaments.

• This video was a pre match training of Zenit versus Lokomotiv and.. Poletaev is MIA

The case with Poletaev is really a mystery that I'm scratching my head what's the real score with him.. but on the actual games he is present in the sidelines.. as a mascot? Please Vitya if you are reading this can you issue a statement? :lol:

• Lokomotiv continues it's unbeaten streak 6-0 after beating Belogorie. Abaev and Lyzik has improved considerably compared to last season, and Abaev has now a decent connection with Kurkaev. Luburic is steady as ever and Perrin looks no worse than Ivovich. The only "weakness" I can think of is the third OH & MB, as Savin and Kurkaev are quite prone to injury but the latter looks especially fire this season (16 pts today in 3sets)

Kazan and Moscow will be interesting later today.. I think Moscow will have the slight upper hand but I expect a close match.

• Kurkaev’s persona on court has changed a lot since the Olympics. I don’t know how to explain it. 😂

He looks hotter too with his current haircut which is arguably more important :lol:

• Lokomotiv continues it's unbeaten streak 6-0 after beating Belogorie. Abaev and Lyzik has improved considerably compared to last season, and Abaev has now a decent connection with Kurkaev. Luburic is steady as ever and Perrin looks no worse than Ivovich. The only "weakness" I can think of is the third OH & MB, as Savin and Kurkaev are quite prone to injury but the latter looks especially fire this season (16 pts today in 3sets)

Kazan and Moscow will be interesting later today.. I think Moscow will have the slight upper hand but I expect a close match.

how do you find Perrin so far and what is your expectations of him? Because I haven’t been following him in the recent years, I have to admit I don’t even know where he played, and I didn’t like Ivovich at all so I wonder if Perrin is going to be able to contribute in the aspects Ivovich was lacking and Loko will manage to win some trophies this year.

• I think Perrin did kinda okay from the matches I have seen so far. I don’t really recall him being spectacular (mostly because I am too focus on Kurkaev 😩) but I think the other OH is doing slightly better than him. Maybe you guys have btter opinions since you guys follow the league better than I do.

• Christenson might as well be an open book because anyone could read him so far.:white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Wonder what's up with Semyshev and Bednorz, as they are IMO better compared to Bogdan and Surmachevsky

• Bogdan's defensive lapses could cost them the set.

Pankov also need to slow down his sets as well. His OHs aren't hitting the fast OOS balls I fear.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I think Perrin did kinda okay from the matches I have seen so far. I don’t really recall him being spectacular (mostly because I am too focus on Kurkaev 😩) but I think the other OH is doing slightly better than him. Maybe you guys have btter opinions since you guys follow the league better than I do.

It's tough to have a Lokomotiv stand-out player because the whole team is playing great volleyball.

#FreeBritney

• Dinamo Moscow with its Greek Gods Lineup. :sos:

#FreeBritney

• Pankov looks mediocre, Abaev > Pankov