Russia -Superleague 2019-2020

• D. Volkov is ranked #3 on the best blockers list (even among MBs) :white:

I would say he is a good blocker before but after it was mentioned this past summer, I think in VNL thread, that he has a great technique and follows up the ball and players very closely on the block, I’ve started to pay extra attention to him on the block and he really is good! Although he played below my expectations in important matches and clutch moments this summer, he is still a great all round player which is very rare these days and I enjoy watching him play.

• I just read a random comment of someone saying that Alan is no longer with Kuzbass due to his injury. Is that really the case?

I read on some article in BO Sport that Kuzbass is ready to terminate Alan's contract, and Kuzbass was disappointed that Alan's agent concealed/ddi not disclose this long-standing injury of his prior to signing.

• As expected, aside from the two Zenits, Lokomotiv and Moscow will play in the Russian Cup SF matches in December.. I hope the draw for the SF pairings would be: Zenit SpB x Moscow and Kazan x Lokomotiv if only not to see Zenit and Moscow again in the Finals and see Zenit lose for the upmteenth time :wavy:

• isn’t the season coming to an end soon?

No, actually far from it. Russian SL has not even reached half of the first round. Zenit, as the hosts for the Russian Cup, were automatically qualified by the way. Re Poletaev, I expect we should see him back in the court real soon as I don't think it will be a good idea to play his 'debut' match on the actual Russian Cup matches in December.

• No, actually far from it. Russian SL has not even reached half of the first round. Zenit, as the hosts for the Russian Cup, were automatically qualified by the way. Re Poletaev, I expect we should see him back in the court real soon as I don't think it will be a good idea to play his 'debut' match on the actual Russian Cup matches in December.

I wish him the best. So sad to see man of that talent plagued by continuous injuries. He did pretty well from what I’ve seen of him last season.

Anyway, who is that kid libero for Kazan? He seems to be really good. Is he NT material? And he is quite tall for a libero.

• Planned action or mistake?

What do You think?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/C…m_source=ig_web_copy_link

"We were arguing about your discount in the game with Lokomotiv. Did you throw the ball over the block on purpose?

I would very much like to say that I did this on purpose, but it was completely unintentional. I was just lucky, but a point is a point. If any of the binders can do these kinds of discounts, that's pretty cool. In fact, if Drazen Luburic had not jumped simultaneously with Artem Volvich, he would have hammered the ball into our half of the court. So I'm just lucky."

https://sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/269986

• Anyway, who is that kid libero for Kazan? He seems to be really good. Is he NT material? And he is quite tall for a libero.

Yeah, he's NT material and I hope he'll be there next year.

• I hope the draw for the SF pairings would be: Zenit SpB x Moscow and Kazan x Lokomotiv if only not to see Zenit and Moscow again in the Finals and see Zenit lose for the upmteenth time :wavy:

So this draw came true and we are assured we won't see the same Finals last year thank God! I think all teams are pretty equal, but I'm rooting for Zenit x Loko in the gold medal match :box:

• ASK caused a major upset and beat D. Moscow 3-1.. there is no doubt about it, Dinamo is weaker compared to last season.

• I think Dinamo Moscow are just stretched longer with Champions League.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney