2020 Olympics canceled/postponed?

• Maybe I’m a bit selfish but I really hope for nov 2020. I don’t want to loose this year for good. I hope that coming summer will heal the situation. But if medical authorities will give the opinion that 2021 would be better, then ok. Too many people dying to ignore this.

I don't think nov 2020 is possible. For volleyball it is ok. But what about other sports that are played outside? It gets cold in the winter....

• I don't think nov 2020 is possible. For volleyball it is ok. But what about other sports that are played outside? It gets cold in the winter....

Good point. I never watched the OGs I was looking at it as just another volleyball tournament :aww:

• Canada has decided to not send their teams to Tokyo 2020. They are the first country to take such a hard decision.

https://olympic.ca/press/team-…20-due-to-covid-19-risks/

• I don't think nov 2020 is possible. For volleyball it is ok. But what about other sports that are played outside? It gets cold in the winter....

I read that November average in Tokyo is 12C. It's much better for Athletics than Rio climate. Shouldn't be so bad, but I guess athleets preparations and cessation of danger are the most important.

• 2021 is the besr choice, how will teams prepare ??

I mean club season needs to start in October, when will NT players train together...

• 2021 is the besr choice, how will teams prepare ??

I mean club season needs to start in October, when will NT players train together...

• On TV they just said many federations won't send their athletes to Tokyo. They want the games to be at least postponed and aren't willing to risk the athletes' health.

• So far, only Canada and Australia. There might be more soon, but thus far only these 2.

• And looks like Olympics are canceled, good decision...

• I could see players having mixed emotions about this move.

Veterans who were planning to retire after this year will have to rethink. Young players get another year to improve their skill. Injured players who aren't in shape get more time to recover. For those who might not have had a spot had the Olympics happened this summer certainly may have a shot next year.

• Veljkovic will not postpone her pregnancy, Larson her retirement, but good news for Italy. L.Bosetti will now have time to come back :heart:

• ossubtus

Changed the title of the thread from “2020 Olympics canceled?” to “2020 Olympics canceled/postponed?”.
  • Who do yo think that were the player who was supposed to retire from volleyball or her NT?

I am not sure how Brazil's old ladies would feel about waiting for another year.

• It will always be good news for some players, and bad news for some players. A lot can happen in a year, some players in good shape now probably won't be in good shape next year, I feel bad for those.

This again proves, expect the unexpected, you never know what will happen. Who would've thought that the whole world would be dealing with COVID-19 in 2020?

• Veljkovic will not postpone her pregnancy, Larson her retirement, but good news for Italy. L.Bosetti will now have time to come back :heart:

Dream on, child.

• Who do yo think that were the player who was supposed to retire from volleyball or her NT?

I am not sure how Brazil's old ladies would feel about waiting for another year.

Based off rumors, Larson and Hill. For China, there are players battling injuries who are staying for one last Olympic run, Yan Ni and Zeng Chunlei.