Looking for admin(s)

• I agree with both of my future fellow mods. I hope Matthias stays, at least as a poster, because he really HAS contributed immensely to this site over the years, and is one of the most distinguished members in the history of the site. Not to mention his passion for volleyball, which after all is the purpose of this forum.:win:

But also, people can't use "get a sense of humour" or "it was just a joke" as a shield to throw shit at other members. There will be certain lines, the crossing of which simply won't be covered by "freedom of speech" argument (have you ever heard of the concept of "hate speech" and that people irl are not allowed to say literally anything they want under the cover of "freedom of speech" without consequences?).

• While I do think he was joking when he said beri brought Coronavirus to his city (I mean he couldn’t seriously believe that) it’s not even the point anymore. It seems to me that he can’t be provocative about volleyball anymore so he’s trying to be provocative about a global pandemic which is understandably annoying a lot of users.

Anyway, I certainly hope Matthias stays on because he’s been a brilliant poster since long before I joined (and still is) and has been moderating the forum almost single-handedly for years which has undoubtedly taken a lot of his time even if some disagree with his methods. I think his experience would also be helpful in the future and he could give a different but valuable perspective than the rest of us.

He is provocative about everything since before I left the website for 3 months. He goes for personal provocations more and more.

The few times he still goes for volleyball provocations, he thinks he's the smartest one, but he clearly isn't.

Just watch THIS POST, out of the blue, when we were having some peace eventually. Just to start a new fight with me. The die hard follower of Seria A1 who pretends not to know where the game changer of the 2017 Supercup and the 2018 Italian Cup, who beaten his precious Fabris and Imoco, is now playing.

Or would you like to talk about THIS POST? He wrote after he said the very same stuff about the turkish league (the topic once more was quiet when he started the provocation), in order to make it look a random comment on how bad the level is dropping generally everywhere, except the amazing Seria A1, of course. And just take a look at the comments of the other users: "leave our league alone". No one can take his nosense anymore. This is why, when everyone on this very same topic agrees he needs to be gone, he started pretending he wants more brazilians players in Seria A1, when we all know he didn't want one of the very best brazilian player, Mari Paraiba, coming to his precious Seria A1. Just like we know he never liked the brazilian players and their league (he now cares about it, out of the blue).

He just goes around trying to provocate. And when he succeedes, then he starts pretending and putting some random reasons (we can always prove he never thought) just to justify his posts... :whistle:

• There are people defending crovolley :rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll:

• Unfortunately, as a Turkish user, I have to admit that "crovolley's" two posts about corona just sounded like jokes and in his second post about Turkish numbers raising, he looked more concerned than rooting for it. But maybe I am the one misinterpreting since his english is bad. Despite all these, problem with crovolley is not him disliking Turkey etc, but him provocating half of the forum in his every second post. I have to admit also that I don't like this witch hunt situation, feels bad.

I also have to admit that I am very disappointed by some users here. You all seem well educated but it is sad to see that you have this positivist perspective where you see things only black and white. Please read more, try to open up new perspectives for yourself, learn how social issues can be viewed and analysed. This applies to the discussion of Corona virus too. You cannot discuss social, economic, political issues with a positivist view or only with a positivist view. You need to understand that there are hundreds of other dimensions to such problems. Hopefully this can help both to your careers and you personal relations.

Coming back to the forum administration, let's be mature here and take the following steps: (1) we get 3 new mods/admins in addition to Mathias, (2) rules become clear and users posting provocative, racist, offensive comments are warned once and banned afterwards. In that way Crovolley gets a second chance and hopefully becomes less provocative.

To finalize this post, please remember to not accuse forum admins for not setting clear rules/guidelines. It is really difficult to identify a person racist, sexist and offensive unless they directly write "oh I hate X". The spectrum is so large and varies among how different people perceive them, you can be an extreme pc person who take any negativity as offensive to something. I remember someone from indonesia being offended when beri was a bit harsh about woman wearing scarf. So lets remember that defining what is racist, sexist etc is difficult and try to find a common ground.

• I also have to admit that I am very disappointed by some users here. You all seem well educated but it is sad to see that you have this positivist perspective where you see things only black and white. Please read more, try to open up new perspectives for yourself, learn how social issues can be viewed and analysed. This applies to the discussion of Corona virus too. You cannot discuss social, economic, political issues with a positivist view or only with a positivist view. You need to understand that there are hundreds of other dimensions to such problems. Hopefully this can help both to your careers and you personal relations.

THANK YOU! This has put me off posting on this board completely. Although, to be fair, it's more or less the same everywhere you turn to. Thank God for Netflix.

• There are people defending crovolley :rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll:

Imagine writing something to a user like:

'You brought corona/ebola/polio/whatever virus or ilness to my country.'

And being mad about it is just about us being overly pc... LMAO

Meatballs I see you. You and I have a lot of things we agree and sometimes disagree about. I like that we always end it as civil as possible.

on the c word.

I posted something like 'These are the measures Turkey will take to prevent from becoming like Italy and Spain'

His next two posts were about the numbers rising quickly that day in Turkey and he quoted my words 'I hope it still won't be like Italy and Spain' and did the same thing the next day and the other day...again. I'm not an idiot, he is not coming from a good place, it is not the first time with him. He offended the Serbian users as well. I don't see a point in giving him a 2nd(999th) chance tbh.

What I blamed Matthias for is not that he doesn't ban everyone, but that he did not accept our help for a while and responded very selfishly and refused to hear everyone and anyone, his posts looked very King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud imo. A rules section is needed to have a guideline, that is not about defining racism, sexism etc.

About the Indonesian user: I am someone that can self-reflect unlike some people here and won't try to talk up all my mistakes, I should have received a warning there. I am very anti-religion still but I was completely inconsiderate and rude that day. I don't remember if that was 1/2 years ago or something but my vision changed a bit since then, I also visited Lebanon and Israel/Palestine which contributed a lot.

• So much noise. I miss the old days and drama-less exchange.

There is a feature here called 'block' button. Now considering you see crovolley as a troll why not just block him so you wouldn't see his postings. This will solve your problem quickly. Or you just enjoy such exchanges with him?

Speaking of missing the old forum, why did Kazinski and Anton left the site?

• his posts looked very King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud imo.

Perfect illustration of a core problem in such forums these days. It's not only the so-called "trolls", there are also the ever-growing ranks of users who think they have to talk "tough" to be considered "entertaining" or "badass". Some posts towards Matthias in these thread are really cringeworthy. Good that there are also the voices that show more appreciation for his many years of service.

• Actually I don't want to intervene, but at this point I have to because what you say is simply not fair.

Anybody would have understood that this post "accusing" you of bringing corona to his city was a joke. Whether a good or a bad one is up to one's humour, but in this context I support the term "snowflake".

And show me where he "rooted" for numbers growing in Turkey. This is your interpretation, nothing else.

I totally agree with you, of course it was clearly a joke (bad one), obviously not real accusation of Beri bringing Corona to his hometown. But I think overreacting makes things more dramatic and it is easier to victimize oneself. Since people keep quoting him although they say they blocked him here tells how much people just enjoy bashing him just for the sake of it.:aww:

"crovolley is being very provocative", well then hold your horses and don't get provoked so easily by someone.:whistle: Calling people as Erdoğan could be very provocative and offensive too.

PS: This is not an affirmative post for Crovolley's actions. He has been annoying me even when Beri and some other users were rooting him. However, I do believe people are manipulating things with a populist discourse and being unfair. That's what I'm opposing to.

• I hope when we get the snowflakes and trolls sorted out we can focus on raindrops and elves

• As suggested, I have now officially appointed Sisko , Janko and sloth as new admins. Thanks for being ready to help and good luck!

Let's hope it helps to improve the forum. I'm going to wait and see how things develop, I still don't feel too much like posting, but since there is no volleyball right now anyway I might as well wait until it returns.

• I won't be active here anymore, so I'm leaving the mod team.. I don't know this is the best place, but I think you should be informed of my decision... So, chill out everybody and remember to enjoy volleyball

• I won't be active here anymore, so I'm leaving the mod team.. I don't know this is the best place, but I think you should be informed of my decision... So, chill out everybody and remember to enjoy volleyball

;(<3

Which once again leads us to the search for fellow moderators/admins, because right now I'm once again the only one who is permanently here and I can't (and don't want to) take care of everything. If anyone is interested in joining or has ideas who should do it, please feel free to share :win: