Brazil Women's Superliga 2020/2021

• thanks...

just starting watching the friendly between minas and bauru... cuttino really lost weight, she looks so skinny...

i remember cuttino and plummer in the pan am games, they were both awful, rivers is the one that really shone in that team. but that was a crappy team...

sheilla is now a commentator? her voice is so deeeeep... but what's strange is how fast she talks, as if she was too nervous or hyper ...

• Sheilla commented on this match but I don't think she will be a regular. I don't like her commenting...Fabi is the best

• oh well... i guess this was the coming out party for lorrayna. i think in the last 2 seasons, she was in the bench of pinheiros, with little time on court. funny thing is, pinheiros last season mostly played with 3 OHs, with no true OPP...

• Lorena is awful. She didn't struggle. She just can't play in a high level.

• i think you are being harsh. i remember an early season match last year in paulista, she had a lot of kills and points. i think she and jacke are not connecting well. maybe with the right setter, she can shine again. (last season, she had lyara and erika.)

it’s too bad lorenne left, or we could’ve had lorena, lorenne and lorrayna together. 🥳

• That was a really fun game.. Awful first set for Pinheiros, but after that it was pure magic from Castiglione and Basso, Gabi Martins did really well too... SESI was just too good for them, specially with Dani Lins playing like that, but Pinheiros is a fun team, I liked it

• well, i just finished the 2nd set and pinheiros should have won that set... bad mistake by the refs, that ball did touch the floor...

this pinheiros team is totally new. they lost almost everybody from last season (lyara, paracatu, saraelen etc.). last season, they played without a true OPP after losing edinara to injury, alternating between clarisse, karina, paquiardi and priscila, for the wings ... (these are all gone). lorrayna came in very little. this year, they still have an OPP problem...

kimberlly OPP seems very promising, she's very tall and young, but she's not getting a lot of sets... she also needs to learn to hit around the block instead of into it. i've liked natalia OH since last year, when she was in flamengo. gabi martins is a revelation, i didn't know her because she didn't play in brazil last year. basso is their best scorer, too bad about her mental lapses and those 4 errors in 3rd set. leticia played well, poor girl has to get bombed by polina’s serves all match long.

• RJ: Oct 16 (SESC-Flamengo, Fluminense and Tijuca)
    MG: Oct 20 (Praia, Minas, Brasilia + Curitiba or Sao Jose dos Pinhais, I don't know if they decided it yet)

• The referee won the match yesterday!

• Pinheiros was very decent in the last two sets! I can imagine how hard it's to compete at a similar level with such a diference in the budget. :drink:

Bad referees and no fair play from Sesi/Bauru. :down:

Hope São Paulo/Barueri can give Osasco some hard time also!