• The final between Fenerbahce and Eczacibası

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G1qFcjc-M8

Fenerbahçe

Oksana Parkhamenko - Seda Tokatlioglu

Anja Spasojevic - Marina Tumas

Eda Erdem - Cigdem Can Rasna

Valeriya Korotenko

Jan de Brant

*First championship for Fener. OH's play 3 rotations and middles play 6 rotations. Eda and Cigdem, both of them receive in the back row. (Foreign rule was 3+1, libero swtiches with OH's, so always 3 foreigners on the court). Eda's passing is much better than many of our current young OH's lol.

Eczacibasi

Naz Aydemir - Nancy Metcalf (Neriman Ozsoy)

Mirka Francia - Esra Gumus

Vesna Citakovic - Gokcen Dankel (Tracy Stalls)

Gulden Kayalar

Guiseppe Cucarini

• MB in reception line = :obey:

I just posted last night about an Okayama NoSmiler MB who received serve. I thought it was pretty special, now I see Turkey pre-copied them 10 years ago

• I just posted last night about an Okayama NoSmiler MB who received serve. I thought it was pretty special, now I see Turkey pre-copied them 10 years ago

Many teams did that when the MBs could still pass. Both Osasco and Rio when they had Mari Steinbrecher at the roster did the same thing with her. She didn't rotate on the back line. Valeskinha (who played with her in both teams) would remain on the court and Mari would be benched by the libero (Arlene or Fabi).

• Many teams did that when the MBs could still pass. Both Osasco and Rio when they had Mari Steinbrecher at the roster did the same thing with her. She didn't rotate on the back line. Valeskinha (who played with her in both teams) would remain on the court and Mari would be benched by the libero (Arlene or Fabi).

Also Walewska was able to receive as an MB right?

• Also Walewska was able to receive as an MB right?

Yes, she was. Actually I think she still can but they don't use her anymore.

She used to receive in a few points instead of the OH when she played in Amil/Campinas. I think she covered mostly for Tandara. Also, I believe she used to receive when she played in Dinamo Krasnodar (she won the russian league with Paula Pequeno and Kosheleva)

• Thanks for sharing this! It is incredible to see Naz is playing such a mature game at the age of 18. There isn't any such talented young setter nowadays.

Eda, Neslihan and Naz are my favourite 3 Turkish players and each of them excel at every single element of volleyball (Eda played as receiver, Neslihan played as setter, Naz played as attacker) Recently, players started to specialized at only one single element of the game; nowadays we have OHs who can either only attack or receive, MBs who can either only attack or block. That's why I think starts from older generations could always beat newer star players in a hypothetical game

• Sorry, it was not Dinamo Krasnodar. It was Zarechie Odintsovo.

• Yes, she was. Actually I think she still can but they don't use her anymore.

She used to receive in a few points instead of the OH when she played in Amil/Campinas. I think she covered mostly for Tandara. Also, I believe she used to receive when she played in Dinamo Krasnodar (she won the russian league with Paula Pequeno and Kosheleva)

it was the 2009-10 season. The club was Zarechie Odintsovo. And yes, She used to pass.

The level of that final was crazy good. What a fight. I could cry if I think how much russian league Is weak nowdays.

• it was the 2009-10 season. The club was Zarechie Odintsovo. And yes, She used to pass.

The level of that final was crazy good. What a fight. I could cry if I think how much russian league Is weak nowdays.

Yes. Zarechie was losing 2x0 in the 5-match finals. Then they were losing the last match but eventually won. Great times.

• it was the 2009-10 season. The club was Zarechie Odintsovo. And yes, She used to pass.

Oh Zarechie Odinstovo, used to be such a great club, in year or two before even Sokolova was there :heart: , thank's for this reminder.

*sorry for criminal off topic