Hello everyone. One reason a lot of users wanted additional admins was to create some concrete rules around here, so that is what we've done. If you think we've missed anything or you have a disagreement or question about the rules then please feel free to comment. One of us will answer your question and we will consider any request for a change in rules.
- No insults or abuse. Don’t call other users names to hurt their feelings, there’s no need for it. This extends to threats or any kind of intimidating behaviour
- Don’t try to stir the pot or provoke/bait other users. There are going to be disagreements and that’s fine but if we think anyone is trying to cause unnecessary drama we will take action.
- Do not attempt to belittle, ridicule or condemn people due to their race/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/nationality/etc. This could be as a direct insult or a more general comment. Whatever, we don’t want to see it.
- No double accounts. If we find any we’ll ban the second account and temporarily ban the main account. If you create another account while banned, in order to circumvent that ban, the penalty gets automatically upgraded to permanent ban. There will be no exceptions.
- Post in English. We appreciate that users here come from all over the world but this is an English language forum so please post in English so we can all understand.
- Don’t go off-topic. Obviously one conversation sometimes leads to another but if you go too far off-topic for too long we will ask you to return to the topic and if you continue ignoring the topic stricter action will be taken. If you want to continue your off-topic discussion then stay respectful of other users and open a new thread. Any account we deem to be a spam account will be deleted right away.
- Any post considered irrelevant or deliberative off-topic will be deleted straight away
- Don’t spread fake news. We understand that mistakes can be easy to make but try to be careful. News should be posted with official links where possible, if you have doubts about the legitimacy of the source, you should make that clear in your post - don’t present it as official news in this case. If you want to post news from a foreign-language source (i.e. a source from a language you don’t speak) then ideally you should ask someone who can speak that language what it says, rather than posting a potentially poor translation. We realise that this may be difficult in the some cases so we won’t prohibit the posting of foreign-language news, but you become responsible for the translations you give and if these are inaccurate then you may be violating this rule.
Relatively minor violations of these rules may result in your post being deleted or a post from an admin telling you to stop. If you continue, you will receive a PM from an admin again telling you to stop and explaining the consequences if you don’t, which will depend on the frequency of the transgressions but will range from:
- Official warning
- 1-week ban
- 2-week ban
- 1-month ban
- Permanent ban
More serious violations, like a breach of rule 1 or 3, may result in an immediate warning. Once warned, your next transgression will see you banned.