Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2020/2021)

• according to volleyturkey(most reliable instagram account),ebrar will play for Thy as opposite spiker.

• according to volleyturkey(most reliable instagram account),ebrar will play for Thy as opposite spiker.

Interesting thing about this source is that Ebrar transferred to THY, not loaned. So, THY paid buy out.

(Players belong to their clubs till the age of 23 in Turkey, modern slavery).

Ebrar liked the post. We can say it's confirmed.

I'm super happy that she left Vakifbank. Vakif signed with Haak for 3 years. There is no chance that Ebrar can play opp in Vakif. Gui didn't let her play opp even 1 set during all year when Haak didn't perform good.

I would like to see Ebrar in abroad but foreign clubs probably want to loan her, not want to pay buyout. First step, leaving Vakifbank is good enough.

• Great to hear that Ebrar left Vakıfbank, she was clearly not happy to be forced to play as OH. I think having Polen as back-up Opp is not a bad idea. I am not a big fan of Merve neither (she is a good defender but a bad receiver) However, there are not many good liberos in Turkey, there is a big gap after Simge, Gizem Örge and Gizem Karadayı. I had high hopes from Melisa Memiş, but it seems like she quited volleyball.

• Great to hear that Ebrar left Vakıfbank, she was clearly not happy to be forced to play as OH. I think having Polen as back-up Opp is not a bad idea. I am not a big fan of Merve neither (she is a good defender but a bad receiver) However, there are not many good liberos in Turkey, there is a big gap after Simge, Gizem Örge and Gizem Karadayı. I had high hopes from Melisa Memiş, but it seems like she quited volleyball.

Maybe Berin, Aylin, Ayça and Melis can be also listed in that list but after them, there is a huge gap.

• Jineiry Martinez is most likely moving to Praia Clube (BRA), meaning Brayelin is almost a lock-on for renewal.

Why would they sign a foreign middle blocker, if they have Carol and Walewska?

They should sign a foreign setter, I just can't watch Claudinha anymore:whistle:

• Why would they sign a foreign middle blocker, if they have Carol and Walewska?

They should sign a foreign setter, I just can't watch Claudinha anymore:whistle:

There are 3 spots for foreigners now. Jineiry is probably very cheap and her being there probably helps the team keep Brayelin, which is their biggest priority. There's still one spot remaining and it's not gonna be a setter as they already got two (Claudinha and Lyara).

• There are 3 spots for foreigners now. Jineiry is probably very cheap and her being there probably helps the team keep Brayelin, which is their biggest priority. There's still one spot remaining and it's not gonna be a setter as they already got two (Claudinha and Lyara).

Yes I know. I thought Buijs would be the third foreigner for Praia?

• and what do you guys think about Nilufer libero Buse? Idk her stats but she seems very active in defence.

She is neither a good receiver, nor a good defender. GS made the biggest mistake when they tried Buse-Bihter duo as liberos, at the end, both couldnt receive well. In one match, Ataman was so pissed off and told Asli Kalac (MB) to stay on court and receive. Following that match, GS transferred Gizem Karadayi which changed GS's entire game that season. I remember her playing in 2 libero system in her previous team, someone was replacing her for defense. In my opinion, she is a better receiver than defender but I would prefer Merve and Ayca over her.

About Merve's transfer to THY, if there was a good Turkish libero besides Simge, Gizem Örge and Gizem Karadayi (as serdar mentioned), FB would transfer her instead of Aylin who looked like a rookie this season.

• Maybe Berin, Aylin, Ayça and Melis can be also listed in that list but after them, there is a huge gap.

To be honest I don't agree with you on the names. Both Melis and Aylin had a bad season and basically they are the reason why such a good roster was underperforming (besides the injuries)

Guidetti invested on Ayca a lot but I don't think she has a big potential. She hasn't improved from the beginning of season, always late at defense and her reception is not anywhere to other 3 names (for Ayca's defense, she was receiving with Derya and Tuğba who are bad receivers as well.)

If I have to name one more name next to other 3 top turkish liberos, it would be Derya Çayırgan. She has a good reception technique and very good sense of defense. Pity that she always chosen the big teams and preferred to be at the bench:down:

• I am surprised I read Berin over and over here. She is horrible, probably the worst libero of VVSL. I heard rumours that she was with the team because her parents knew people. I simply see nothing special in Berin, I mean the girl gets surprised when someone is jump serving, seriously at this level?