Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2020/2021)

• This is perhaps a matter of language confusion, but I can't see how you can call Boskovic less "dynamic" than Egonu and Haak when she is by far the most precise spiker of them 3, and the one capable of the greatest angles. Also, she relies on pure physicality significantly less than Egonu, so it's counterintuitive to call the latter more dynamic (which in this discussion, implies more adaptable).

• This is perhaps a matter of language confusion, but I can't see how you can call Boskovic less "dynamic" than Egonu and Haak when she is by far the most precise spiker of them 3, and the one capable of the greatest angles. Also, she relies on pure physicality significantly less than Egonu, so it's counterintuitive to call the latter more dynamic (which in this discussion, implies more adaptable).

You are right. I always thought of Egonu as a loose canon and it is not always a good thing. Boskovic three-meter angle is always a pleasure to watch.

I think that Egonu can play with high balls, fast balls and so on. And with a great setter increase her game more than Boskovic.

Its like Sheilla Castro and Gamova. The two were great players. But IMO a good setter could drastically improve the level of Sheilla while IMO Gamova's game wouldnt improve that much.

Another example was Sokolova, she could hit from everywhere.

Ps. Im not try to imply who is the best opp.

• I think that Egonu can play with high balls, fast balls and so on. And with a great setter increase her game more than Boskovic.

Its like Sheilla Castro and Gamova. The two were great players. But IMO a good setter could drastically improve the level of Sheilla while IMO Gamova's game wouldnt improve that much.

Another example was Sokolova, she could hit from everywhere.

I fully agree. Egonu played with Carlini and She still was amazing, but Boskovic performancr at WCCH with Lloyd were not so good at all.

Boskovic has better performance with NT especially because of Maja. Maja>>>> Malinov

Egonu is less depended on setter.

• I fully agree. Egonu played with Carlini and She still was amazing, but Boskovic performancr at WCCH with Lloyd were not so good at all.

Boskovic has better performance with NT especially because of Maja. Maja>>>> Malinov

Was not my point :D

Lloyd has been playing bad lately. Hope she improves her game.

• I fully agree. Egonu played with Carlini and She still was amazing, but Boskovic performancr at WCCH with Lloyd were not so good at all.

At WCCH Boskovic wasn't on highest level only in first match, other was pretty god.

This club season was the best one so far in her career and she didn't play with Maja. Explaining Boskovic amazing, and better than other players, games just because of Maja is completely nonsense.

• Don't worry, I have not taken the discussion as "who is best Opp". But that said, I think you couldn't be more wrong, because the truth is exactly the opposite (no pun!) of what you say. I must confess, I fail to see how anyone can think Boskovic is like Gamova, and Egonu like Sheilla, when it's exactly the opposite (though even in the reverse, I admit the analogy is less than perfect, because there are significant differences between Sheilla and Boskovic, but at least it makes SOME sense).:cheesy:

The reason why Boskovic depends less on setters than Egonu is not because the latter is more "dynamic"(I still think that word does not mean what you think it means) or can play the greater variety of ball, but precisely because she isn't more dynamic. Boskovic is the one who is better at playing out-of-system balls (while Egonu is better at spiking in-system balls). Like Bogdan said, this last season has been the greatest of Boskovic's club career even though she played with a lacklustre setter, who often served her wildly out of system balls (which means she is a very adaptable spiker, not LESS adaptable).

• To streamline my argument better vis-a-vis yours: I agree with you that Boskovic depends less on setters, but disagree with your conclusion that that means Egonu is more adaptable and dynamic.

• For me,

- Egonu is more athletic, less technical. That means she relies on her height and power, not on hitting good angles. This means, she does best with high sets. When she gets low and fast sets, she tends to hit out, since she is not as technical and relies on power again.

- Boskovic on the other hand is more technical, less athletic in comparison but as powerful. That means she can hit any ball, relying on her technique, not necessarily over the block though.

- Haak is powerful, technical but not as athletic as Egonu either. Her strongest side is hitting high tempo sets (Thanks to Parisi and Carlini), which the other two are not as good as. That's the reason she always attacks against single blocks, because she hits quicker sets.

• And we went to far from the topic ( i am surely one of the accomplices). The last sentence strictly conected to the topic was Eczacibasi setter.

Anyone have some other suggestion, beside Tomkom, Britt and Antonijevic, for me all of this 3 are far from perfect choice for Ecz because of several reasons.

• I think the word "dynamic" is causing a problem here and the reason is that neither of you are using it wrongly, just differently. It can mean to adapt in the way Janko describes and I would agree that in this sense Boskovic is more dynamic than Egonu: she can hit with more variety and from different positions and angles in the court more easily, hence her greater ability out of system.

I think Gomes is using the word in a different (but no less correct) way to mean possessing a sudden or instant burst of speed and power. In this sense, Egonu is more dynamic than Boskovic. This meaning is more about a person's ability to adapt the situation to their advantage (in this case through great athleticism and quick reactions) while the other meaning is more to do with adapting oneself to different situations (in this case by developing more technical skill).

(Sorry Bogdan. :P)

• there are some rumours about eczacıbaşı will hire antonijevic.good for bosko and ogbogu

• Thanks, Meatballs and Sisko. You expressed exactly my thoughts, only more eloquently.:thumbup:

• Boskovic is the best for now imo but it's my opinion and that is of course subjective, she has all the titles with Serbia and beat Egonu's Italy (So far). It's that simple for me. Egonu's athleticism is definitely out of this world, can't wait to see what the future holds for her.

On club level it's closer I guess, but overall Boskovic wins for now.

• And Egonu has better club performance in last two seasons...

• Okay... It's a nice discussion and one can argue for both sides but could someone kindly create a new thread discussing who's the best or something like that, because Egonu x Boskovic is a nice subject to talk about but isn't a transfer nor a rumor :)

• Believe it or not, it began as part of the discussion who should be the new setter for Vitra...:lol::P

On the other hand, considering there is no volleyball now, and by its nature, this thread is most prone to off-topic meanderings, it's understandable that the topic goes off on a particular trail from time to time, as long as it does not go too long (which this one probably has).