Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2020/2021)

• Seems like France are really keen on having all the Argentinian in the world in their leagues, both Men's and Women's... Nizetich, Elina Rodriguez and Bianca Farriol are probably going there as well.. Nizetich lives in France already and rumors say that she is going to Beziers, together with Farriol...Elina to Nancy...

I really like Nizetich and I think she has volleyball to stay in Italy, but she's probably looking to stay close to her family (or probably she asked for more than the Italian were willing to pay), so she's right on her decision, if it's already official. Farriol looks really promising and made a really smart move.. Now about Elina, I don't know, I don't see anything special on her

Source: World of Volley and Nancy's facebook page

• Perugia is rumored to be interested in Lucija Mlinar, a Croatian OH playing in Dresdner SC.

https://www.volleynews.it/la-b…lla-croata-lucija-mlinar/

She is pure defence player, with a great serve.

• Now when Robinson officialy leaving Fenerbahce, and when we have new rumors about Courtney, so far one and only mentioned as Robinson replacement, what you guys think who it could beside her.

IMO very logical and possible choice could be Buša, first of all Terzic knows all about her skills and at the end we all knows that she can cover Mihajlovic on receiving , but my positive vibes about Buša is not based just on that possibility to cover someone, for me she is one very good all around OH and also she have great personality and leadership experience and ambition, and IMO she deserves big chance like playing for club with level of Fenerbahce, to show it to everyone.

Geerties is other possible solution, but can be risky, i am not convinced that she wouldn't give up under the pressure that comes with obligation to cover Mihjalovic.

*ofc my story about Buša could be conpletely nonsense, because i don't know anything about her contract with Alba Blaj.

• I agree and it will depend on Vargas as well. I mean of course if Vargas is staying.

Terzic should be smart and stop forcing Serbian NT system to Fenerbahce. Vargas is not Boskovic, they need a system where other OH gets more balls and kill those balls. This year they had Robinson and he couldn’t manage to use her smartly. I feel like both Robinson and Fatma were not happy with their roles in his system. When Branicka injured, he even played with Ceren and put Thompson to OH against Vakifbank.

• I think the word "dynamic" is causing a problem here and the reason is that neither of you are using it wrongly, just differently. It can mean to adapt in the way Janko describes and I would agree that in this sense Boskovic is more dynamic than Egonu: she can hit with more variety and from different positions and angles in the court more easily, hence her greater ability out of system.

I think Gomes is using the word in a different (but no less correct) way to mean possessing a sudden or instant burst of speed and power. In this sense, Egonu is more dynamic than Boskovic. This meaning is more about a person's ability to adapt the situation to their advantage (in this case through great athleticism and quick reactions) while the other meaning is more to do with adapting oneself to different situations (in this case by developing more technical skill).

(Sorry Bogdan. :P)

Thank you!

• How was her season in Italy? Do you think she is an improvement over Buijs?

She had great debute season, I think She got injured and after that She was most of time on the bench. Nothing special this season to be honest.

• How was her season in Italy? Do you think she is an improvement over Buijs?

I don't think she is an improvement over Buijs. After her injury she haven't showed anything good unfortunately:( She is a better receiver than Buijs, but she also isn't the most stable receiver. Last season she barely could kill a ball in attack and had lots of trouble to pass the block.

I hope I'm wrong though, because in NCAA and her first season in Firenze she was great!

• If she's fully recovered, she's an upgrade to Buijs, starting from the fact she can do everything on court, not just spiking. On the other hand, she's very technical, but short, as all the PR players. Time will tell.

• Yes first season, one of the best OHs but rest of two season She didn't perform that good at all even before injury.

But it will be easier for her to perform in Turkey for sure.

• Again pushing against whoever is leaving Italy?

There's not a "before the injury". She had an amazing 2017-18 season, then she had 2 injuries in a row (missing also the NT duties). After the first one, she started the 2018-19 injured and kept playing trying to avoid the surgery (conservative approach physical therapy) till she injured again, this time needing the surgery right after it happened. This (2019-20) season she mostly worked on jumping again, she barely got to play. She was nowhere ready to go on court again.

I expect the die hard follower of Seria A1 ti provide exact info on the players of the league, nothing less.

• Btw about Eczacibasi's setter, do you guys think Zivkovic could be the one?

She will have maternity break for at least one season, but even hypotetical i think that she not be good choice for Eczacibasi, they needs (actually young squad like there have in next season) setter with more developed creativity. Antonijevic is not too bad choice in this moment for Ecz, i love her and i said it before for several times, but one and only (but not small) problem for me in that case is lack of leadership skills at hers, but i dont many other better options for Ecz than her.