Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2020/2021)

• Carlini left Italy last season and now is going to Turkey, there no need to wonder why he can't have a single good word for her. Let her be back to Italy and she will be amazing, wonderful, nice level and so on.

She's so bad that she demolished Wolosz in a Champions League final. That AGIL destroyed Imoco in every single aspect of the game and it wasn't just Egonu. She played an hell of game, serving, digging, blocking crazy well, not just setting the ball perfectly the whole match. FACT.

Russian league is a ghost ship. They still play like in the 1960s: there's no way a player used to play modern volleyball - the most modern possible in her case - can adapt. Not to mention she played in a team who can barely go close to 10% perfect passing. FACT.

And stop this nosense she can't run the middle: the one and only time Egonu was benched (resting), she could play the way she wanted and her middles combined 40+ points, being the most effective players of the team. She did what her coach asked to her. Nothing more, nothing less.

How is it even possible someone calls Di Iulio, Carraro, Cambi and so on great setters and Carlini "average setter or even worst"? Come back to Earth. Carlini is the most talented american setter since her first year of college. Coaches in the USA teach setting using her video tapes.

• She will get the most criticism next season in Turksih League., not by me but from others. I already know that She is average setter.

Literally I will wait, and you will see that this is gone happend. I will just copy your post, not adding anyting :)

• Every single player in the world is criticized in Turkey, it's not just her case.

We talk about a league where KYK has been heavily criticized the very same moment she started aging. They pay the best and want the best back from their players.

What you call "amazing", "great level" and "nice" is just "average" for Turkey. That's it.

And stop this crap now. You won't be criticizing her, but you already are when she won't be playing before 4 months at least. :whistle:

• Also, criticising Carlini for not setting middles in the presence of Egonu while singing praises for Malinov who doesn't set for middles in the big NT matches any more than Carlini does (indeed, maybe even less) is the height of hypocrisy, even for your standards.

• Also, criticising Carlini for not setting middles in the presence of Egonu while singing praises for Malinov who doesn't set for middles in the big NT matches any more than Carlini does (indeed, maybe even less) is the height of hypocrisy, even for your standards.

Her sets to zone 4 are not good. (cit.)

• I only loved Malinov in 2018 WCH, her performance in last 2 years become to unstable. And Carlini is unstable from day 1. I don't like her, especially her bad sets for MBs :S. She was benched in Novara and Moscow and now She doesn't even have spot in NT. :aww:

• I only loved Malinov in 2018 WCH, her performance in last 2 years become to unstable. And Carlini is unstable from day 1. I don't like her, especially her bad sets for MBs :S. She was benched in Novara and Moscow and now She doesn't even have spot in NT. :aww:

Carlini was starter in Novara, only in some matches got benched in the last 1 or 2 sets. Also Ognjenovic was benched in Vakifbank. Is she an average setter?

• Carlini was starter in Novara, only in some matches got benched in the last 1 or 2 sets. Also Ognjenovic was benched in Vakifbank. Is she an average setter?

Don't be surprised if he answers in the affirmative.

Also, what makes you (crovolley) think Carlini doesn't have a spot in NT?

Last summer she was great in NT. She was one of the big reasons why they won VNL and didn't lose to Bulgaria in the olympic qualification tournament:whistle:

So saying she doesn't have a spot in NT is nonsense. Carlini and Poulter were the main setters last year, so why wouldn't she upcoming year?

• Hancock and Poulter are going to Tokyo. Two best setter in US right now.

• Carli Lloyd will probably be annouced soon as the new setter of Pomi Casalmaggiore.

I know she's been shaky lately, but she's talented. Maybe she's gonna work out well.

https://esportes.estadao.com.b…d-volta-ao-casalmaggiore/

TBH for players who has 30 years to say talented is questionable to me, certainly she was and she played on the good level for couple of years, but now she is just shade of that player for me.

• I think Carlini is one of the best transfer in Turkish League and best foreign transfer for THY. Her sets are fit for Ebrar. She probably will hit more comfortable than Cansu sets. In Vakifbank she was getting awful sets from her and most of what she gets were out of the system. I'm sure that Carlini will do much better what did Ozge last season, except her defence. She was like a libero.

Maybe THY can't deal with Vakifbank in league (TBH nobody can) but they can push Eczacibasi and Fenerbahçe.

• I really want to ask you this. did you live in 1960 ? can you enlighten us? thank you in advance. We used to play old school volleyball because of the height of players. Now Parubets, Romanova and etc players play very fast v-ball.

ghost ship league ? well, the players from this league won gold medals of WCCH twice in a row, won the gold medals of ECH twice in a row, plus silver medals of OGs, and many players including Kosheleva, Gamova, Goncharova, Sokolova, Artamanova, Parubets etc players came to volleyball's world from this ghost ship league and they improved their skills in this ghost ship league unfortunately. Malykh won cev and challenge cup with russian clubs with limited number of foreign players or let's say with local players.

that D.Moscow last year defeated Vakifbank, if you still remember that game. At the end of the day, I have to this conclusion, it's time for me to leave this forum too.

Don't take it to heart. QLP used that hyperbole as a shorthand for "old school volleyball", something you yourself seem to acknowledge Russian league was known for. I'm afraid the reputation stuck, and the successes of Russian NT and Russian clubs in the last decade notwithstanding, it's not like that reputation is completely without merit. That old school style can still achieve some level of success in modern volleyball, especially when carried by such talents as Goncharova and Kosheleva (at her height). Doesn't mean there aren't some intrinsic flaws and drawbacks to that style (including aesthetic appeal).:)

• I really want to ask you this. did you live in 1960 ? can you enlighten us? thank you in advance. We used to play old school volleyball because of the height of players. Now Parubets, Romanova and etc players play very fast v-ball.

ghost ship league ? well, the players from this league won gold medals of WCCH twice in a row, won the gold medals of ECH twice in a row, plus silver medals of OGs, and many players including Kosheleva, Gamova, Goncharova, Sokolova, Artamanova, Parubets etc players came to volleyball's world from this ghost ship league and they improved their skills in this ghost ship league unfortunately. Malykh won cev and challenge cup with russian clubs with limited number of foreign players or let's say with local players.

that D.Moscow last year defeated Vakifbank, if you still remember that game. At the end of the day, I have to this conclusion, it's time for me to leave this forum too.

I find your league the shadow of what it used to be. 90% of the world champions in 2006 and 2010 retired.

For example, Jordan Larson played for a 8th ranked team 10 years ago. Now she wouldn't even consider to come to Russia. That's it.