Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2020/2021)

• I think Carlini is one of the best transfer in Turkish League and best foreign transfer for THY. Her sets are fit for Ebrar. She probably will hit more comfortable than Cansu sets. In Vakifbank she was getting awful sets from her and most of what she gets were out of the system. I'm sure that Carlini will do much better what did Ozge last season, except her defence. She was like a libero.

Maybe THY can't deal with Vakifbank in league (TBH nobody can) but they can push Eczacibasi and Fenerbahçe.

Carlini-Ebrar combination is potentially really deadly, and as much as I perpetually deprecate Motta's skills and Eczacibasi's transfer performance, I really don't think THY can do that.

• I really like the new Eczacibasi so far. Let's see who will be the setter.

I think honestly it will all depend on the team chemistry they (Fener, Eczacibasi, THY) can build. VakifBank will be the same, so we already know what we can expect.

• TBH for players who has 30 years to say talented is questionable to me, certainly she was and she played on the good level for couple of years, but now she is just shade of that player for me.

My point is that she still got what it takes to be good again. Carli played well until 2018 - she was really good in Barueri. I believe there's a room for a comeback.

Even the greatest players have their ups and downs. Ognjenovic is an example: she wasn't great in all of her seasons playing for Eczacibasi; she was just ok in Moscow; and now she presented herself really well in Vakifbank - probably one of her greatest seasons so far.

• My point is that she still got what it takes to be good again. Carli played well until 2018 - she was really good in Barueri. I believe there's a room for a comeback.

Even the greatest players have their ups and downs. Ognjenovic is an example: she wasn't great in all of her seasons playing for Eczacibasi; she was just ok in Moscow; and now she presented herself really well in Vakifbank - probably one of her greatest seasons so far.

She was awful in Moscow... :gone:

• My point is that she still got what it takes to be good again. Carli played well until 2018 - she was really good in Barueri. I believe there's a room for a comeback.

Ok but i just dont agree with that talented mark, she worn out her talent and reached a certain level, wich i have already describe as very high, and whether it will return to that level or not IMO had nothing to do with talent, that was point of my answer.

Yes ups and downs for sure, Ognjenovic have couple of bad season but she never have season with full of shit sets how Carli played last season, for that comment for Eczacibasi maybe you think on 2009-10, but in 2016-18 both of that season she was great in Eczacibasi for me, and especially disagree with describe of her season in Moscow with just ok, she done maximum with that team and she was on of the main reason for win a title and yes that amazing win against Vakifbank.

• Ognjenovic is a master-class and wizard on court, but she is not a miracle worker. There's a limit to what she can achieve, and that limit was reached in Moscow. Blaming her for the team not making more success is all kinds of ridiculous.

• Ognjenovic is a master-class and wizard on court, but she is not a miracle worker. There's a limit to what she can achieve, and that limit was reached in Moscow. Blaming her for the team not making more success is all kinds of ridiculous.

Repeat this when you are talking about Wolosz and Polish NT. (This is not direct to you)

• Try to stick somewhat to the topic, people. The comment by mdacs wasn’t trying to start a debate on how good Ognjenovic was each season, just trying to make the point that some players do better in certain teams/systems/leagues than others and I think we can all agree with that.

• This is the second time in a few days this has happened. This topic ISN'T for you to advocate about who is better, or why a particular player is horrible in your opinion - and even if it were, here is a place to respect the opinion of others and not try to push your agenda. We have rule in this forum about off-topic, which should be respected, and if this topic is about transfers and rumors, one should discuss TRANSFERS AND RUMORS. If you have something to say about a particular player or league, go to the corresponding league or NT thread, and being respectful, leave your opinion there

• Try to stick somewhat to the topic, people. The comment by mdacs wasn’t trying to start a debate on how good Ognjenovic was each season, just trying to make the point that some players do better in certain teams/systems/leagues than others and I think we can all agree with that.

Surely, and i said it in my post that i agree with the point, but also i had to say that i disagree with the arguments and explain why.

Sorry for off topic, but TBH i didn't involve Ognjenovic in this "discussion" or better to say exchange of opinion about Lloyd (possible) performance mdacs said his point of view

i said mine, and honestly that was connect to the topic because it started with rumor about Lloyd goint to Pomi.

• Carlini and two all around OHs which are fighters is exactly what THY needs next to Ebrar besides good middles! Kingdon was doing pretty good near the end of last season also. Let's not forget, Ebrar is a pretty explosive Opp, not reliable yet ok, but you don't need a Mihajlovic next to her...

It's also funny to me how the same person who kept praising Anthi Vasilantonaki a few years ago doesn't even acknowledge she is in a team that's really build great atm but nothing new here :lol:

• Ok but i just dont agree with that talented mark, she worn out her talent and reached a certain level, wich i have already describe as very high, and whether it will return to that level or not IMO had nothing to do with talent, that was point of my answer.

Yes ups and downs for sure, Ognjenovic have couple of bad season but she never have season with full of shit sets how Carli played last season, for that comment for Eczacibasi maybe you think on 2009-10, but in 2016-18 both of that season she was great in Eczacibasi for me, and especially disagree with describe of her season in Moscow with just ok, she done maximum with that team and she was on of the main reason for win a title and yes that amazing win against Vakifbank.

i am not in any way a fan of Carli but to say that she her season in EczV is a season full of shit sets is just taking it too far and trollish imo. They won the Turkish Cup (?) and got 2nd in CWC with her setting. She may not be at her peak now but she’s still one of the better setters which honestly, there isn’t much.

• Every setter is an improvement over Özge tbh. I'm happy that they could transfer Carlini. She'll do just fine at worst. Most of Turkish teams try to get great wingspikers so that they can cover their local player's weaknesses. But that did not work well most of the times since they couldn't find any decent local setter. Instead THY this year was able to transfer some NT level local players finally. So with a setter like Carlini they can play a balanced game even if she's not the best setter in the world.

• Lloyd is a complete player, an all around setter. She is not at her peak anymore but IMO she's still the best setter in terms of blocking and defensive skills. Her contribution all over the court is very important for the overall performance of her team.

• Sorry, does anyone of you know any news about Zanetti Bergamo?
    Although I know enough about the Bergamo volleyball club I have no news ..
    This is a little worrying
    :/=O

There are only rumors about players leaving (Olivotto, Smarzek, Sirressi, Van Ryk, ecc.) but no news on new players...someone said in Pasini's blog that there's the real risk of no more Bergamo playing next year ;(

• Lloyd is a complete player, an all around setter. She is not at her peak anymore but IMO she's still the best setter in terms of blocking and defensive skills. Her contribution all over the court is very important for the overall performance of her team.

I agree. She's good enough for a middle level team. She won't feel the pressure she felt in Eczacibasi, where the club wants to win everything.

And she tends to play way better when she is part of teams from Lombardia. He best seasons were in Busto Arsizio and Casalmaggiore.

• i am not in any way a fan of Carli but to say that she her season in EczV is a season full of shit sets is just taking it too far and trollish imo. They won the Turkish Cup (?) and got 2nd in CWC with her setting. She may not be at her peak now but she’s still one of the better setters which honestly, there isn’t much.

First of all they won Turkish Supercup and she was on the bench in that game, you disagree but for me she dropped out from that "better setter" group and still i am behind that she was awful in last season.

Definetly i agree that she is great in block and defense like Toguttt said but for me too much unprecise and even unusable sets overshadowed her other skills in wich she was i agree very good, maybe the best on her position (especially in block).

• Havelkova is rumored to join Pomì too. Maybe Helena and Lloyd can find the same vibes they had together in Busto in 2011/12 season.

Since I like Montibeller Rosamaria, I hope Pomì can build a competitive team.

Havelkova from Busto was :heart:.