Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2020/2021)

• Great choice! She is not a better player than Robinson but she is definitely a better fit to Terzic's Serbian NT style system. Let's see Fenerbahçe's liberos can keep up with what Popovic has been doing

• Tori Gorrel to Kuzeyboru. Anyone know her? They have D.Boskovic too. I wonder who will be their starter.

She is a versatile player. In her college career she played both middle blocker and (non receiving) outside hitter for Penn State. Wondering on wich position Kuzeyoru will use her?

After she graduated she played in Puerto Rico. QPL probably knows how she did there?

• Volleyturkey reported her as OPP. So maybe she will take OPP role with Dajana Boskovic.

I think opposite indeed will the best option, because she is good attacker out of system and a good blocker at the wings! I believe she isn't going to make it as outside hitter, because she would be a big weakness in serve receive. As a middle blocker I think she is a bit to slow in the block for professional volleybal.

• She is a versatile player. In her college career she played both middle blocker and (non receiving) outside hitter for Penn State. Wondering on wich position Kuzeyoru will use her?

After she graduated she played in Puerto Rico. QPL probably knows how she did there?

She never got to play in PR. Amazonas de Trujillo Alto were supposed to be her new team, but the league was stopped because of covid-19 while she was waiting for her international transfert.

• Is this Ariel in SESC-RJ any good? So SESC-RJ will be playing with Drussyla & Amanda next season? No other transfer?

Ariele is not a great player and honestly I would say she's below average... I don't think they're going to make any big transfers and probably the OH duo will be Amanda and Drussyla.

To complete the roster, it seems they've transferred the youth Ana Cristina - Ze Roberto confirmed that in an interview.

• Ariele is not a great player and honestly I would say she's below average... I don't think they're going to make any big transfers and probably the OH duo will be Amanda and Drussyla.

To complete the roster, it seems they've transferred the youth Ana Cristina - Ze Roberto confirmed that in an interview.

Yeah I saw that Ana Cristina is going there. Is she good? She is an OH or Opp? Seems like SESC-RJ starting line up is basically the same as last season minus Tandara.

• Yeah I saw that Ana Cristina is going there. Is she good? She is an OH or Opp? Seems like SESC-RJ starting line up is basically the same as last season minus Tandara.

She's a prospect. Hard to say whether she's good because she is just a very talented 16 years old who never played in high-level. She played as OH in NT youth categories, but her reception is shaky. But as far as I know, she can play as opposite too.

• I think Ana Cristina is a Kind of player who can evolve a lot in a short period of time.

She is by far the most talented player for the new generation.

• What about Damla Cakiroglu, she had never reach her full potential from youth categories, but she can be usefull and interesting for team which is not already enlist all player on OH position, team like Kale 1957, PTT, Aydin, Galatasaray (at least as solid bench). It is strange to me that we still don't have any rumor, maybe we have but i don't know for that, any news anyone??

• What about Damla Cakiroglu, she had never reach her full potential from youth categories, but she can be usefull and interesting for team which is not already enlist all player on OH position, team like Kale 1957, PTT, Aydin, Galatasaray (at least as solid bench). It is strange to me that we still don't have any rumor, maybe we have but i don't know for that, any news anyone??

She had so many injuries. I think thats the number one reason for not being able reach her full potential. When she recovered from the injuries she chose to sit on the bench. She would be a good option for teams such as Kale 1957, PTT etc. But probably she doesn't want to leave Istanbul and her boyfriend (Fenerbahce Basketball team captain). Maybe she can play for Besiktas or Beylikdüzü.

• She had so many injuries. I think thats the number one reason for not being able reach her full potential. When she recovered from the injuries she chose to sit on the bench. She would be a good option for teams such as Kale 1957, PTT etc. But probably she doesn't want to leave Istanbul and her boyfriend (Fenerbahce Basketball team captain). Maybe she can play for Besiktas or Beylikdüzü.

I don't think injuries were the real reason. She simply doesn't have the defensive skills to compensate her lack of height on high level volleyball. Her attacking was okay on youth level but she doesn't have any chance on senior level to play in sultanlar ligi as a starter. To me she is overachieved at junior level thanks to greatest generation we had at that age group and her individual awards were mostly because she was the team captain

All in all I wouldn't be surprised if she signs with a second league team

• Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn’t there one season when Damla played a lot, also in CL? They had Rahimova and Nootsara back then. Was that because of many injuries in the team?

Yes that was "disaster" (comparing to season before in which they were champions of VVSL with amazing Natalia and KYK duo) season for Fener, Natalia was injuried almost a whole season (they use her just as serve substitution) Jerkov was 35 yo and she just can't do it anything alone, even Jerkov had injury in second half of the season.

They played in some games, Polen as opp and Rahimova-Damla as OH duo.

Rahimova on her standard level but that is also doesn't enough.