Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2020/2021)

• Isn't Brakocevic also rumored for joining them?

Yes she is, even on this site https://siatka.org/wyniki/ligi…211/wynik-tab/tauronliga/ (which is seems to me like as reliable one), that she is like a done deal, OTOH Lowe isn't on the interest list.

• Plak takes a break from volleyball till 2021!:white:

She says she lost the eagerness to play volleyball and she doesn't want to prove herself anymore. She is going to use the next six months to orient herself in society, while she stays fit with the help of a personal trainer. In January she wants to return and play for a club again.

Buijs had some doubts to also take a break, but she already signed with a club so she will continue.

Don't have time translate it all, but here is the article:

https://www.ad.nl/andere-sport…r-uit-mijn-hart~a807c7ab/

• I hope she will come back stronger

• I guess this lost of desire comes with the failure of qualification for the Olympics. After Sloetjes, Plak takes the same decision.

• The results are not more the same...

• Somehow i think that this players could really enjoy to play in Brasil. If money its not more the problem. The brazilian staff usually treat really well the foreigners players and has a positive enviroment.

• First of all Plak should make decision about her position in volleyball. I don't how She is not seeing that She is not right player for OH ???

• I think it started when they (players) fired their NT coach (rumoured?) and they lose Olympic qualifying, sloetjes downgraded, flak has been on her low level for a couple of yrs now. Should Netherlands Nt worry about this? Almost all their star players are not in good shape and no young blood coming out to replace them.

• Ronika Stone rumored to join Volero Le Canet. Good she is going to play professional! Last season wasn't her best, but not only her fault because her whole team (Oregon) didn't perform great. The season before she was a beast at the net with her strong slide attacks:box:

http://women.volleybox.net/frame/ronika-stone-6250-ft34699

• Ronika Stone rumored to join Volero Le Canet. Good she is going to play professional! Last season wasn't her best, but not only her fault because her whole team (Oregon) didn't perform great. The season before she was a beast at the net with her strong slide attacks:box:

http://women.volleybox.net/frame/ronika-stone-6250-ft34699

I think they are not Volero anymore because Volero comeback to Zurich again. :/

• I think it started when they (players) fired their NT coach (rumoured?) and they lose Olympic qualifying, sloetjes downgraded, flak has been on her low level for a couple of yrs now. Should Netherlands Nt worry about this? Almost all their star players are not in good shape and no young blood coming out to replace them.

For such a small country as the Netherlands, they had an exceptional squad the last few years. So I don't think they can compete at the level as they did the last years...

On the other hand I didn't expect this squad to reach this level before 2015. At the WCH 2014 they were a real mess:D

Hope they can find a good coach who can develop younger players. There are some prospects such as Hester Japser, Indy Baijens, Annick Meijers who can take over the spot of the older players. This in combination with players as Bongaerts, Beliën, Lohuis and Daalderop you don't have a bad team at all IMO.

• For such a small country as the Netherlands, they had an exceptional squad the last few years. So I don't think they can compete at the level as they did the last years...

On the other hand I didn't expect this squad to reach this level before 2015. At the WCH 2014 they were a real mess:D

Hope they can find a good coach who can develop younger players. There are some prospects such as Hester Japser, Indy Baijens, Annick Meijers who can take over the spot of the older players. This in combination with players as Bongaerts, Beliën, Lohuis and Daalderop you don't have a bad team at all IMO.

Dutch had an exceptional generation that reached their peak at the same time. Some might say they 'overachieved' with such limited roster (starters might be strong but back-up players were not on high level). I can imagine some of the veteran players might lose motivation knowing that they won't be playing in OG.

Daalderop is the only one that I like among the Dutch youngsters. If she improves her reception, she might be the key player of Dutch NT

BTW, netherlands is not that small (17million) :lol:

• BTW, netherlands is not that small (17million) :lol:

Compared to the highest ranked teams in volleyball, except from Serbia, the Netherlands has a small population.

From that 17million only 116.000 people (both men and woman) play volleyball...

Next to that the domestic league is one of the worst, so it's difficult to develop for young talents.

• I don't believe either. The rumor started because yesterday the president talked about the roster, and said two italians MB and two american players are about to sign. One is Lanier as talked already, the other is speculated to be an opposite (it's the only role still uncovered by the rumors), so now they're just naming whatever US opposite comes to mind :rolll:

Sorry for coming back to this but it just came to my mind. Could it be Sherridan Atkinson? Keep naming the US opposites:rolll::rolll:

• Please consider how lucky the team was to have only 7 good players and use them almost 4 years in all conpetition without injuries. Many too teams have at least some good replacement on the bench if anything happens, Ned did not but managed to be on top few years.

• Please consider how lucky the team was to have only 7 good players and use them almost 4 years in all conpetition without injuries.

I don’t really agree that NED had “only 7 good players” during the Rio OG cycle. Only looking at OH/Opp, they had Balkestein, Buijs & Sloetjes in starting positions, and had Pietersen & Plak on bench. I think at least all these 5 players can be regarded as “good players” already (Plak may be a bit controversial, but for me she definitely did a nice job in Rio)

• Please consider how lucky the team was to have only 7 good players and use them almost 4 years in all conpetition without injuries. Many too teams have at least some good replacement on the bench if anything happens, Ned did not but managed to be on top few years.

No injuries?:what: In 2016, 2017 and 2018 they haven't played any tournament that one of the starters wasn't injured...

Next to that IMO they had a some good substitutions. Pietersen, Steenbergen, Plak, Bongaerts and Daalderop are all more than decent substitutions.