Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2020/2021)

• Ana Bjelica will play in Crvena Zvezda (Belgrade - SRB) until she find a club abroad (if she find

She was really good in World Cup

• Aydın is interested in Eva Mori? I guess Duygu's injury is serious. If they transfer Mori they will have 4 foreigners but only 3 can play. I would put Ezgi instead of Maret, and if Anthi can't receive well, Maret would come in.

https://twitter.com/ale_garott…/1305983779140493314?s=19

Reception is already a big mess... So what will happen when they don't play with their only relaiable receiver: Balkestein-Grothues:gone:

• Reception is already a big mess... So what will happen when they don't play with their only relaiable receiver: Balkestein-Grothues:gone:

Considering her contribution at offense is almost non-existent, I think second libero also can do the work

• Reception is already a big mess... So what will happen when they don't play with their only relaiable receiver: Balkestein-Grothues:gone:

Completely agree, i mean MBG is IMO the most complete player of Aydin and when we really had to compare players from different positions, IMO she is the best, and without her Aydin will be for sure worse than now. (and even she is not efficiently attacker like she used to be, injuries and ages do their thing, but she is still very good)

I think that Aydin was overrated before the season, i mean they have an just solid setter and opposite (sorry Altinli :white:and other Boz fan, but IMO she isn't anything spectacular, she can play amazing but no in continuity), and Vasilonataki is very good attacker but she is horrible receiver and they dont have a libero which can do 2-receiving system. Adams plays as expected and Janset, we are still waiting for her games from last season.

I still expect for sure higher level of play of Aydin but it will be very difficult for them to beat some of the 3 powerhouses.

• Maret and Meryem are aging tbh but I don' t want to judge too much preseason, but it must be harder for 30+ to come back after a long break esp. if they didn't play enough. Maret is quite good in attack actually but she got aced so much last few games and her reception wasn't that great tbh. (I realize it's also not an easy job with that reception line, esp Anthi) Ezgi is also a stable receiver. I prefer Duygu Duzceler and Ezgi as a sub I guess, but Aydin really needs a new setter bcs Aslihan Kilic doesn't do the job and there isn't many local setters right now that are available.

So I guess it's a smart move.

• Considering her contribution at offense is almost non-existent, I think second libero also can do the work

No way! Balkestein-Grothues isn't the problem in reception for Aydin, but Pinar can't handle 2 receiving system. Balkestein-Grothues showed she is capable of that when she has a decent libero next to her. She even did it a few times in Dutch NT with Schoot, who isn't a great receiver.

I agree she isn't the best attacker and she depends on a setter who can play a fast game, but we all know that attack isn't her main job at the court. Next to that I don't think she is the worst attacker, considering she is a lefty playing at the left side and her short length. She scored 19 points points against Galatasaray, not bad at all I think:whistle:

• Aydın is interested in Eva Mori? I guess Duygu's injury is serious. If they transfer Mori they will have 4 foreigners but only 3 can play. I would put Ezgi instead of Maret, and if Anthi can't receive well, Maret would come in.

https://twitter.com/ale_garott…/1305983779140493314?s=19

++ or Ezgi can replace Anthi which would mean stable reception but less attack power.

Anyway if they get a foreign setter one of them has to be benched bcz Asli is terrible so far and Duygu is injured. Adams should be starter for sure.

Any Turkish setter is free? Maybe Özge Kırdar can come back from retirement :lol:

• I think they need a better coach to begin with. They need a better setter as well. I have no idea how good Eva Mori is. Can anyone share how she is as a player?

Anthi’s weakness in reception and defence ware never a secret. When they are in trouble, if Meryem is not in her day, they should put Ezgi instead of Meryem and play with Anthi as non receiving OH or OPP, just like Galatasaray did last year. I have so much respect for Meryem but it doesn’t change the fact that she is not a scoring machine in every match. When was the last time she played good in an important match in local league? I don’t remember anything from last season, neither from the season before.

Maret may not be a good attacker but she is important for this team, for its defence and receving.

• I think they need a better coach to begin with. They need a better setter as well. I have no idea how good Eva Mori is. Can anyone share how she is as a player?

Anthi’s weakness in reception and defence ware never a secret. When they are in trouble, if Meryem is not in her day, they should put Ezgi instead of Meryem and play with Anthi as non receiving OH or OPP, just like Galatasaray did last year. I have so much respect for Meryem but it doesn’t change the fact that she is not a scoring machine in every match. When was the last time she played good in an important match in local league? I don’t remember anything from last season, neither from the season before.

Maret may not be a good attacker but she is important for this team, for its defence and receving.

She is OKEJ. Not bad, not great, not game changer. Can She change something, meehhh We will see :/

• This could be a blessing in disguise.

She was trained by McCutcheon for four years.

So unprofessional of the Chinese Federation. They are screwing players who are most likely will compete at the Olympics (and most likely a threat to them). The thing is, FIVB will not do anything about this as they are on the payroll of China.

Full compensation should be given to these affected players.

though I dont like the federation,how can you know the news is ture?Had Chinese federation announced this news?I just see this news in some italian news report.Why did you believe in something there is no official report.

• FIVB to cancel Club World Championships because of COVID-19

https://www.fivb.com/en/about/…-volleyball-club?id=91346

(Sorry didn't know where to post since there's no thread yet)

Tooo bad, Conegliano lost big chance for double cup ;(

• Ilbank's problem was not setter. They need a dominant Opp like Santos. Their local youngsters are just fine

• Ilbank's problem was not setter. They need a dominant Opp like Santos. Their local youngsters are just fine

I actually like their opposite Yagmur too, she hits fast sets, the type that Carlini sets. But I think they could do better with a solid OH since they had to use all their OHs in past matches and still could not solve their problem.

• I actually like their opposite Yagmur too, she hits fast sets, the type that Carlini sets. But I think they could do better with a solid OH since they had to use all their OHs in past matches and still could not solve their problem.

Problem with their ohs is that all of them are defensive OHs. They need someone that can kill the ball at the end of the set