Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2020/2021)

• Ozge Kirdar has said she is going to play in the new US league in a podcast. She said she is not going to play in Turkey anymore (“I am retired for Turkish league”). From the podcast, I gather she wants new experiences in different cultures so we might see her in different leagues in future. Apparently, she regrets not accepting the offer from Brazil after winning the first CL with Vakifbank.

https://pca.st/episode/31872562-6dfe-4599-b31c-d479b87f379f

I'm surprised, I thought she was done with volleyball forever. Some people wanted her to go Aydın after Duygu's injury. It will be interesting to see her in US league.

• We would have loved to have her and her sister in Brazil ;(

• Ozge Kirdar has said she is going to play in the new US league in a podcast. She said she is not going to play in Turkey anymore (“I am retired for Turkish league”). From the podcast, I gather she wants new experiences in different cultures so we might see her in different leagues in future. Apparently, she regrets not accepting the offer from Brazil after winning the first CL with Vakifbank.

https://pca.st/episode/31872562-6dfe-4599-b31c-d479b87f379f

Interviewer is so annoying, he keeps bringing his stories with his brother like anyone cares:lol:

Some points for non-turkish speaking users:

• Giovanni forbid Her and Gözde to hangout alone, they werent allowed stay in the same room. They were angry with Giovanni at first but then they thought Giovanni was totally right, in a team sport they should interact with all team members
    • Ozge relies on her 6th sense a lot, she claims that she always but always knew if her team would win the game in the morning of the match day. She said she was never wrong about the match results
    • She said there were never jealousy between her and Gözde, however if she wouldn't make it to Olympic roster in 2012 London, she would be the most jealous person in the world
    • She complained that being a professional player prevented her to have any 'dangerous' hobbies, she was supposed to only read books or watch TV series. That's why she felt very depressed while she was playing in Poland. She was very scared to try ice-skating there but she enjoyed it so much and surprisingly she didn't get any injuries from such dangerous hobbies.
    • She has weird routines: for example Gozde and she always eat meatballs in the match day,
  • She was supposed to play in Yenisey Krasnoyarsk. I think she traveled to Russia but something happened and she quit the team a few weeks ago. She is now going to play in Curitiba.

• Kosheleva said she will play in China in her YouTube vidoe. She is training with Tulitsa until she get her visa. I don't think she is going back to Guangdong. Which club she might play for in China?

I'm trying to figure this out too. It wouldn't make sense for her to go to Guangdong (Rabadzhieva/Robinson) or Shanghai (Larson/Lippmann) even though teams can have 3 foreigners, but only 2 on the court, the other on the bench.

Maybe Tianjin? Or Beijing, I could see her being utilized offensively while being covered by Liu XT and Zeng CL. Unless she joined one of the lower ranked teams.

• I'm trying to figure this out too. It wouldn't make sense for her to go to Guangdong (Rabadzhieva/Robinson) or Shanghai (Larson/Lippmann) even though teams can have 3 foreigners, but only 2 on the court, the other on the bench.

Maybe Tianjin? Or Beijing, I could see her being utilized offensively while being covered by Liu XT and Zeng CL. Unless she joined one of the lower ranked teams.

I heard she had visa problems.

Strange, considering that Larson, Robinson, and Lippmann all got to China/will come to China just fine.

• I heard she had visa problems.

Strange, considering that Larson, Robinson, and Lippmann all got to China/will come to China just fine.

Damn, that sucks. Can she still play in the Chinese League then or is that window closed since foreigners are supposed to be registered to teams already?

• Damn, that sucks. Can she still play in the Chinese League then or is that window closed since foreigners are supposed to be registered to teams already?

Theoretically, foreigners are supposed to register today (that is, the 15th). But registering is different from visa... that's something the Chinese consulate (probably in Moscow) needs to process.

• So at the end all the rumors saying that china won't have any foreigners was BS. Who was the source of that rumour anyways?🤔

• So at the end all the rumors saying that china won't have any foreigners was BS. Who was the source of that rumour anyways?🤔

I think they got the national championships confused with the league since the former got so much attention this year LOL

It was WoV

and

I think they got the national championships confused with the league since the former got so much attention this year LOL

• I think they got the national championships confused with the league since the former got so much attention this year LOL

Not really. It was not only WoV. This topic was really popular in polish media because some agents had players in chinese men and women leagues.

Some foreigners were already in China and they had to go back because of the new rule that foreigners won't be allowed. The volleyball agents immediatly contacted FIVB and claimed chinese league board. FIVB forced them to change their decision.

• Not really. It was not only WoV. This topic was really popular in polish media because some agents had players in chinese men and women leagues.

Some foreigners were already in China and they had to go back because of the new rule that foreigners won't be allowed. The volleyball agents immediatly contacted FIVB and claimed chinese league board. FIVB forced them to change their decision.

can you name any of those players? polish media is notoriously known for their anti china propaganda, lmao. i wouldn't trust them so much. I still remember last year, it was also polish media that claimed it was china who got meliha banned:roll:

• Ana Bjelica and Uros Kovacevic, they also spoke openly about these issues to the Serbian media.

So wasn't just WoV and bullshit.