Italy - Serie A1 2020/21

• This is going to be very good year for Italian teams, especially in CEV competitions !!!

How do you know that? :D Novara and Scandicci looks like a mess right now. The level of both teams is way low than what I expected.

• They actually played with 3 foreigners (Stevanovic, Herrera and Escamilia)

Uuuuu I didn't know that Escamilia is foreign :lol:

Herrera was more like sub not the starter

• sometimes i tough novara didn't sleep for today

The team was playing without heart,the players were like zombies

• How do you know that? :D Novara and Scandicci looks like a mess right now. The level of both teams is way low than what I expected.

For you guys Scandicci and Novara were mess last season and they still have beaten Vakifbank.

Simple huge potential in both sides, many players missing, or waiting for their recovery especially Scandicci, and yet begging of the season. I'm not worried at all. :box:

Especially Novara who has great coach on their side.

• For you guys Scandicci and Novara were mess last season and they still have beaten Vakifbank.

LOL I was rooting for Novara last season. You were the one saying they had bad team with weak Brakocević :)

Anyway, I don't want to argue with you. Can't see to watch those teams during european cups but I'm dissapointed by the current level of Novara and Scandicci.

• How do you know that? :D Novara and Scandicci looks like a mess right now. The level of both teams is way low than what I expected.

Onestly I didn't expect high level of volleyball at all as I wrote days ago. I think it's normal at this stage of the season, I'll reserve judgements for November.

• Onestly I didn't expect high level of volleyball at all as I wrote days ago. I think it's normal at this stage of the season, I'll reserve judgements for November.

Agree with you but the CL for Scandicci begins on September. They will play against Serbian Tent which they should beat 3-0 with no problems, but after that they will face-off Dincamo Moscow or Prometey. It might be interesting battle.

• Agree with you but the CL for Scandicci begins on September. They will play against Serbian Tent which they should beat 3-0 with no problems, but after that they will face-off Dincamo Moscow or Prometey. It might be interesting battle.

Kind of off topic, but when are they going to sort out that second game/which pool they're going to?

• Agree with you but the CL for Scandicci begins on September. They will play against Serbian Tent which they should beat 3-0 with no problems, but after that they will face-off Dincamo Moscow or Prometey. It might be interesting battle.

Luckily Italian league will start soon and Malinov should be ready in September. All they need is to play official matches.

• Kind of off topic, but when are they going to sort out that second game/which pool they're going to?

I'm not sure.

I just saw on polish websites that ŁKS received confirmation from CEV they would play against Zagreb/Kamnik in second round. CEV would mix somehow the other pairs because Moscow is not allowed to play against ukrainian team.

• When are the final starting ?? 21:45 or ??

• When are the final starting ?? 21:45 or ??

The FB page of Lega Volley Femminile says 21.35 but theorically the live on Rai 2 starts at 21.05 and the match was originally scheduled for 21:15 so I don't know exactly when it starts :aww:

• I only know that this Supercup is one of the worst events ever organized by Lega...Fabris should hide after this poor figure and also Rai isn't free from fault for all this mess, not the right way to promote Italian volley after coronavirus break.

• So afterall Busto had smaller training if you ask me. Girls now can rest, it is begging of the season so I don't see it as big deal.

What do u guys think about this situation, two matches in one day ? First one lasted for about 40 min. Pre and post match in total of 2hours of their time

• So afterall Busto had smaller training if you ask me. Girls now can rest, it is begging of the season so I don't see it as big deal.

What do u guys think about this situation, two matches in one day ? First one lasted for about 40 min. Pre and post match in total of 2hours of their time

Usually teams have a light training in the morning when they have a match in the evening, but Busto played half a match yesterday late in the evening and half a match around noon today, that's definitely something different.

Either way, anything but a clear 3:0 for Conegliano would already be a surprise IMO.

• I am trying not to make harsh comments considering it is just the beginning of the season, players were at home just like us, some didn’t even have a chance to practice with their teams etc but Scandicci is playing just like you would expect Barbolini’s team play. And this is not in a good way, it is practically an insult 😝

Barbolini is a great coach. His palmares talks for itself. As long as Savino Del Bene keeps going on with Malinov, they're hopeless against any other decent team of the league. I'm not sure about Camera's current level, but she wasted her chances for a better career being a bench player the whole time.

Playing two official matches in one day in any sport is a horror, the time that players have to "reserve" to play one is much longer than what we see on TV, and I do not mean only the official warm-up but also the one before it. much longer, not to mention the psychological aspect.

Although even that everything is ideal, nothing but easy 3-0 for Conegliano could not be expected.

• Also i think that is significant to mention and praise amazing performance by Stevanović in semifinal(s) match(es). And my personal impression statistic completely confirms, Stevanovic with 14 points (by far the most of all blockers on both sides), 6 blocks, 7/10 in attack and one ace but it is also significant to mention that she have highest number of serve which tell to us that she have a long series behind the base line and that she make an big imapct in that way, and 0 errors.

Of course that was enabled by the rather diverse and fine organization of the game by Bonneli, as well as the good game of all the others (more or less), but I certainly think that she has shown in many ways that she is still in top form and that she is still among the top middle blockers (especially blokcers), I hope she will continue to play like today.

• Also i think that is significant to mention and praise amazing performance by Stevanović in semifinal(s) match(es). And my personal impression statistic completely confirms, Stevanovic with 14 points (by far the most of all blockers on both sides), 6 blocks, 7/10 in attack and one ace but it is also significant to mention that she have highest number of serve which tell to us that she have a long series behind the base line and that she make an big imapct in that way, and 0 errors.

Of course that was enabled by the rather diverse and fine organization of the game by Bonneli, as well as the good game of all the others (more or less), but I certainly think that she has shown in many ways that she is still in top form and that she is still among the top middle blockers (especially blokcers), I hope she will continue to play like today.

I agree, and with Veljkovic being pregnant and maybe not ready in best shape for Tokyo 2021, I hope there might be a way back into NT for Stevanovic if she keeps this shape for the season!