Italy - Serie A1 2020/21

• It looks as if those who are in favor of Italy getting 4th spot is supporting the idea only if Italy gets it. Scandicci plays a good match just once this season and they deserve it. Really?

I am going to come up with another idea, they should give 4th spot to Italy instead of Dinamo Akbars’ spot since Fabris is staying another season, they are doomed to fail. Thank you very much. lol

Messy Scandicci would smash any Turkish club except Vakifbank. And it is not like they have beat Vakif last season. Almost the same team.

And you will have opportunity to watch one more clash between Turkish and Italian team in Cev Cup if Gala manage to go in Final:gone:

So no it is not only about just because We love Italian club it is about that they have great results in last 3season in CEV competiton.

• Geez, guys, this rumor says that Italy may receive 4 spots in Champions League, but it doesn't mean that only Italy will receive additional spot, it's just an info from Italian website, that's why this information is 'Italian-centric'.

If you look on CEV ranking for female volleyball which is a basis of specific number of teams every volleyball association can submit for participation every year to the Champions League, Italy isn't even first in a ranking, for 2017/2018/2019 seasons (always three last seasons are basis of this point system) - the first country is Turkey with a huge lead, because Turkish clubs won 2017 and 2018 Champions League, 2018 CEV Cup and 2017 Challenge Cup - it may change this year because it looks like Italian clubs may get better results, but if those changes are planned right now, it's probably a reform that allow two or three best countries in a ranking (Italy, Turkey and Russia) to submit four teams instead of three. There's no way someone decides to give solely to Italy additional spot when they're not even first country in a ranking, haha.

This year we had this change based on interrupted 2019/2020 season, but it's kinda obvious that number of good leagues and teams because of financial crisis is shrinking in both male and female volleyball, so to increase level of Champions League it's becoming a necessity to allow best leagues to submit more teams to participate in CL.

To bad I don’t have knowledge of english like you :flower:

• Imo russia shouldn't receive more spots..

The level of the league and club are decreasing so much

Uralochka did good to not participate

• For now only rumors but it looks like amost like done deal. 4 Italian teams again in CL:drink:

But who will take it. In start We would easily said Conegliano, Novara, Scandicci and Monza, but in the games are Busto again with great comeback and Chieri who is always in top position.
    But I would go with Monza for 4th ticket.

http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2…champions-anche-nel-2021/

• For now only rumors but it looks like amost like done deal. 4 Italian teams again in CL:drink:

But who will take it. In start We would easily said Conegliano, Novara, Scandicci and Monza, but in the games are Busto again with great comeback and Chieri who is always in top position.
    But I would go with Monza for 4th ticket.

http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2…champions-anche-nel-2021/

Wow imoco and novara it's almost done

3rd ticket will go in qf between monza vs chieri/busto

And also qf between savino vs busto/chieri

• Can someone remind me or redirect me to a post of the rule of deciding CL spots in Serie A1? What are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd priorities to look at?

• Can someone remind me or redirect me to a post of the rule of deciding CL spots in Serie A1? What are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd priorities to look at?

1.ticket: Winner of Regular part of season - Conegliano

2.ticket: Winner of Scudetto - ? (If Conegliano is gone won it, second placed team in regular part of season)

3.ticket: Next team in ranking in regular part of season who still didn't won ticket

(???)4.ticket: Next team in ranking in regular part of season who still didn't won ticket

In case of 4 tickets, top 3 ranking teams in regular part of season are locked for CL spot. (For now 100% CL tickets are getting Conegliano, Novara and Monza)

In case of 3 tickets, top 2 ranking teams are going to CL 100%. (For now 100% CL tickets are getting are Conegliano and Novara)

I don't know if I'm right, pls someone correct me.

• Yes you are right....but even if they are 3 or 4,we already know 3 tickets alresdy have owner....imoco,novara and monza,teams can reach team at standings

One thing surprise me is that cl tickets are based on regular season and not the place at the end of season ..

For example:monza 3x busto 6,if busto won they catch monza place and should go to cl but no specially when this league has been so tie

• Yes you are right....but even if they are 3 or 4,we already know 3 tickets alresdy have owner....imoco,novara and monza,teams can reach team at standings

One thing surprise me is that cl tickets are based on regular season and not the place at the end of season ..

For example:monza 3x busto 6,if busto won they catch monza place and should go to cl but no specially when this league has been so tie

For me it fair that regular part has way more impact on CL ticket because season is long you need to reward the team who was on high level all the time not only on the end.

• For me it fair that regular part has way more impact on CL ticket because season is long you need to reward the team who was on high level all the time not only on the end.

Yeah you are right also ...now tomorrow it gonna be so exciting ...I hope savino catch last spot if italy gets an extra one

• Yeah you are right also ...now tomorrow it gonna be so exciting ...I hope savino catch last spot if italy gets an extra one

Chieri vs Conegliano and Scandicci against Brescia. It is almost sure that Scandicci is gone take last spot but you never know with Seria A how are gone match ends because both of this teams can make surprise :wavy:

• 1st to champion, 2nd to first in regular season, 3rd to finalist, 4th to Cup winner then by regular season standing

All.of them are to imoco 🤣🤣🤣🤣

So it goes for finalist+ regular season

• To be honest, i would like to see chieri in Cl. A like them a lot, but its difficult. On the other hand i would like to see scandicci especially if natalia transfer is true. :cheesy:im confused...haha

• To be honest, i would like to see chieri in Cl. A like them a lot, but its difficult. On the other hand i would like to see scandicci especially if natalia transfer is true. :cheesy:im confused...haha

Unfortunately chieri's dream is almost over

Tomorrow they face against imoco in her last regular season match

Imo even if imoco come frim an exhausting game,i doubt they gonna win

For the moment they are 4th but savino and busto have postponed matches and easier ones

They ruined themselves after losing with firenze and perugia

• So no it is not only about just because We love Italian club it is about that they have great results in last 3season in CEV competiton.

It would be foolish to deny that Italian teams have had good results in Cev tournaments in recent years.However, although there has been a decrease in the dominance of Turkish teams recently, we have been doing this for almost 10 years.

During last decade,turkish teams could not win some things that they could easily accomplish due to the rules.One of these rules was the limited participation quota for the cev tournament.Galatasaray could not participate in the champions league for years due to this quota rule.Also,there are years when Fenerbahçe and Eczacıbaşı could not participate the champions league because of this rule.There was no change during this periods.

When Italian teams suffer from this rule, it is annoying that Cev is more flexible when changing this rule.:down::gone:

• I don't think this is at all about any kindness towards either the Italian or the Turkish teams. True Turkish teams dominated the last decade so they never got 4 spots, but we should also not forget that Italy, which was perhaps even more dominant and with certainly more great and competitive clubs in the 2000's never had the right to 4 representatives, should not ignore the number of participants that grew and decreased, but my point is in something else entirely. And that is that like never before, you have never had two dominant leagues in relation to all the others, first of all I think it is not impossible to expect that both Italy and Turkey will get 4 spots in the next edition of CEV CL. There are no more Volero, RC Cannes, Russian forces in the form of Kazan with Gamova, Larson, Del Core, Zarechie, ......, now outside Turkey and Italy it seems, and so the results say the most competitive ATM club is Chemik, which with all the praise and effort, it is not at a level that can seriously jeopardize the outcome of the competition, we can bid that they possible could have chances against some "elite leagues" members, but these are all indications and slightly relevant things. I would have a lot more to add on this topic, it is quite complex and comprehensive, but I think this is too extensive and I will stop here.

• I agree. Turkey never had 4 slots for CL despite their dominance years ago. It was even more competitive then because countries like Azerbaijan (Rabita), France (RC Cannes) and Switzerland (Volero) among others have strong club representatives. The Turkish and Italian leagues are powerhouses already. We dont need to tip the balance even more.

• I agree. Turkey never had 4 slots for CL despite their dominance years ago. It was even more competitive then because countries like Azerbaijan (Rabita), France (RC Cannes) and Switzerland (Volero) among others have strong club representatives. The Turkish and Italian leagues are powerhouses already. We dont need to tip the balance even more.

this is the problem. Lack of capable teams from other leagues hence the 4th spot.

• today we have good matches ...it's the end of the regular season (with few postponed matches to play)

In first game we have brescia against monza,brescia needs to win or win to avoid relegation and monza whatever they do they won't move from 3rd place but i don't think they're not gonna play,also brescia is playing goood

In second game firenze vs perugia

Perugia the same must win to be safe but firenze is doing good

It's easier the job for perugiammaybe today we see the team going to A2

3rd game cuneo vs casalmaggiore battling for being at top 8

4th game chieri vs conegliano

If rumours are true,chieri must be updated about cl extra ticket so I imagine them battling today,is their last game

Imoco comes from an exhausting game but santarelli says they want the victory

Idk the cause why Imoco performed bad in cl qf but the team has been playing all games with starters,I hope today they can rest,conegliano can win with back ups