Italy - Serie A1 2020/21

• As you said Rosomaria would be way better than Smarzek.

For next season they signed Ebrar. I think it is almost official but still waiting for news.

Good choice. Rosamaria could be more solid, but Ebrar has more pontential IMO.

• Do we know if/think Poulter will stay with Busto next season?

Probably because She doesn’t have where to go in Italy. All better teams in Italy already have setters and same goes for top Turkish clubs.

Maybe only in Vakif if Guidetti is not trusting Cansu, but that would be so stupid to let such a promising setter to sit on the bench so many years.

• Do we know if/think Poulter will stay with Busto next season?

Well I heard busto gonna bid for her

And if she don't go abroad thing that I didn't hear about (weird coz she's good)

She probably stay at busto

If we look top 4th teams have her starting setters already defined for next season (wolosz,orro,malinov and hancock) I doubt that she gonna go to be bench

Even cheri seems likely renew with bosio

• I think it would also be good for Poulter if she stays in Busto. Their new coach is pretty good. But if Busto wants to get a CL spot next season, they need to upgrade their team. But there's no rumor about Busto right now..I guess they just don't have the budget like Monza.

• Chieri already renewed with Bosio. Bosio is really good this season, good move by Chieri.

• Chieri already renewed with Bosio. Bosio is really good this season, good move by Chieri.

OH yes I forgot

so it seems busto is the better option for poulter now

I would like her in savino b7t it seems malinov is attached in the club for a long time

• I don’t think that Vakif is gone have easy path in semi finals against Busto. :whistle:
    Edit: If they go to semi.

Vakif didn’t have real challenge in Turkish L. or in CL right now in months. Even Guidetti said the same thing.

Lets see how will they adapt against Busto.

This is an actual problem for Vakif. They are comfortably wining and they may not know how to bounce back because of lack of challenging matches.

I have a feeling Busto will go through the semis. They now have good chemistry since they changed coaches and gotten past their team drama.

• They are comfortably wining and they may not know how to bounce back because of lack of challenging matches. I have a feeling Busto will go through the semis.

It's obviously not an easy situation to dominate as much as Vakifbank (and Conegliano) in terms of building different types of team experience, but this is still very experienced team, playing together second season, with clearly superior roster in comparison to every club team but Conegliano. Busto may be quality opponent if they both advance to semis, but Vakif will be still huge favorites.

• Geez, guys, this rumor says that Italy may receive 4 spots in Champions League, but it doesn't mean that only Italy will receive additional spot, it's just an info from Italian website, that's why this information is 'Italian-centric'.

If you look on CEV ranking for female volleyball which is a basis of specific number of teams every volleyball association can submit for participation every year to the Champions League, Italy isn't even first in a ranking, for 2017/2018/2019 seasons (always three last seasons are basis of this point system) - the first country is Turkey with a huge lead, because Turkish clubs won 2017 and 2018 Champions League, 2018 CEV Cup and 2017 Challenge Cup - it may change this year because it looks like Italian clubs may get better results, but if those changes are planned right now, it's probably a reform that allow two or three best countries in a ranking (Italy, Turkey and Russia) to submit four teams instead of three. There's no way someone decides to give solely to Italy additional spot when they're not even first country in a ranking, haha.

This year we had this change based on interrupted 2019/2020 season, but it's kinda obvious that number of good leagues and teams because of financial crisis is shrinking in both male and female volleyball, so to increase level of Champions League it's becoming a necessity to allow best leagues to submit more teams to participate in CL.

And also consider the stakeholder strength: if the most influential countries in European Volleyball, i.e. Turkey, Italy, Russia and Poland want something, the CEV is considering seriously to fulfill their wishes, even when it is not in the ruling formally possible. On the other hand, when weak countries like Germany or France want something, they are either not even recognized or at best the CEV smiling and ignoring about it. Learn something about power in sports-politics... At least Turkey, Italy and Russia are the strongest countries too, therefore it is not twisting relations too much.

• http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2…vince-il-trofeo-gazzetta/

Britt Herbots has won already Il Trofeo Gazzetta - the annual award given by La Gazzetta to the best player of the regular season. Obviously, Egonu would have won easily if she had played more games, but nonetheless congratulations to Herbots, who expectedly is amazing in Novara.

I love britt but I disagree

That trophy should have been given to caterina bosetti,she was never benched I remember as herbotts was

If not,zachkaiou also deserved

• Yes agree with you Jules. I would gave this award to Cate Bosetti She really deserves it.

• I love britt but I disagree

That trophy should have been given to caterina bosetti,she was never benched I remember as herbotts was

If not,zachkaiou also deserved

Disagree. Britt was the leading scorer of novara this season. Although her reception is not as good as Bosetti, Britt was more efficient at attacking than Bosetti.

• Herbots is a first option on offense in Novara while Bosetti is very good in every element you can think of, so I think she's even harder to replace nowadays. You can't go wrong here, they've been both amazing since they joined Novara, but I agree, IMHO Bosetti is even more important to Novara. If Herbots goes to Turkey, Novara may think about hiring Gray or other offensive OH, there are some interesting options. If Bosetti decides to go to Conegliano or to Turkey next year, I don't think Novara will be realistically able to get as good replacement.

• Disagree. Britt was the leading scorer of novara this season. Although her reception is not as good as Bosetti, Britt was more efficient at attacking than Bosetti.

IF we look stats britt was better in attack but not too much... really tie

Britt was 2 and bosetti 3

And bosetti lead other stats as serve,receive,block

She wasn't just attack

• season finished for elena perinelli

So bad....she was doing a good job this season...she was subbed in last games but she helpd a lot in back court

She has acl and another thing so her recovery gonna be so long......

Hope to see her fully recovered in next season 👍

• Coppa Italia is in 6days. This is the probably hardest competition to win this season in the World probably :sos::obey:

So many great matches even in first phase.
    Conegliano vs Busto :white: (two semi finalist of CL.)

Monza vs Scandicci

And Firenza trying to make upset against Novara.
    Huge young talent Sylvia in spotlight !

• Coppa Italia is in 6days. This is the probably hardest competition to win this season in the World probably :sos::obey:

So many great matches even in first phase.
    Conegliano vs Busto :white: (two semi finalist of CL.)

Monza vs Scandicci

And Firenza trying to make upset against Novara.
    Huge young talent Sylvia in spotlight !

I'm excited for that imoco vs busto

Imo n1 and n4 best team at world (busto can even be n3)

Imoco gonna play beast mode or I see some record being broke