Italy - Serie A1 2020/21

• COPPA ITALIA (Italian Cup)

Semifinals

IMOCO VOLLEY CONEGLIANO - SAUGELLA MONZA 3-1

Egonu 29, Hill 14, De Kruijf 13 / Van Hecke 14, Begic 12, Meijners 9

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744617

IGOR GORGONZOLA NOVARA - REALE MUTUA FENERA CHIERI 3-1

Herbots 18, C.Bosetti 16, Smarzek 12, Hancock 10 / Grobelna 24, Mazzaro 13, Frantti 13

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=744618

• There's no record for Hancock after all, but I've never thought that I'll see a single player that can make so big difference with her serve, not to mention that this player is a setter. If Egonu is female Wilfredo Leon, then Hancock is female Wilfredo Leon in serving.

Nevertheless, Novara has to play much better if they want to compete with Conegliano, pretty subpar performance by its standards.

Mazzaro will be a world-class player, her stats this season are off the charts and today she was much much better than Chirichella and Washington. If Chieri had Perinelli available, they could have won more than 1 set today IMHO, Villani isn't good enough even if she's a solid player.

3-1 for Conegliano looks like a safe bet for tomorrow, but I hope we'll see some suprise and at least get a tiebreak.

• I stopoed at 3 set yesterday,happy that chieri gave such a fight

Otherwise,wow that poor numbers yesterday of folie,washington and chirichella

What happened?

And also chieri mb started so bad,then they were good and that's the reason chieri increased their level

• I can only talke about Folie performance because yesterday I was super angry at Wolosz and how She uses her.

What setter needs to do first is to build confidence for MB with some easy sets than try some tricks with her even if reception is not perf., but Wolosz is doing totally different. She is barely gets sets when reception is perf, but She gets very hard sets from Wolosz and She needs to do miracle. And many time She spikes them really good but it is not kill point instead they got free ball for another attack and ofc. Wolosz goes to with Egonu 90% of time or to zone 4. were Sylla or Hill gets only one block in front of them because MB is jumping with Folie.

• 3 ace in row for Egonu:sos:

What a great set from Wolosz for slide attack to Robin!

• Different start from Wolosz and Conegliano from first minute plays perfect.

• Novara is for now putting nice pressure, nice defense from both side !!

• Sylla for now is playing one of the best volleyball this season. Reception at the point, very good. Playing great defense and attacking great.

First time this season that She is playing high level in every part.

• Conegliano playing PERFECT. Finally Sylla playing like we all expected from her !!!!

Defense AMAZING ! Brava girls, brava Santarelli.

• Sylla on fire!🔥:box:

Also Wolosz playing much better and de Kruijf really efficient!:)

De Gennaro again and again gives Conegliano the chance to win the rally with her amazing defense:obey:

• finally conegliano showing what we expect from them

A good team where egonu is main weapon but also a player as the others

Good conection with MB and sylla was outstanding

I hope they continues like that