Italy - Serie A1 2020/21

• Starting 7 is okay, but I don't agree with Courtney as the 3rd-4th best OH, Mello as the 2nd-best libero nor with Hancock as the 2nd-best setter, they're not better than Hill, Parrocchiale, Orro or even Herbots, despite weak late part of a season.

• volleyball.it dream team,I agree

What's yours?

https://www.volleynews.it/non-…del-campionato-2020-2021/

Agree mostly. Except:

Stysiak instead of van Hecke (she was the weakest link of Monza)

Herbotts instead of Gray (herbotts didn't play during the final part of the playoffs but if this is a dream team based on whole season performance, she was for sure outstanding) Also, Kim Hill was one of the best OHs this season

Best MBs are correct but maybe Heyrman instead of Mazzaro

• Yes I only saw the starters

I don't know what courtney is doing there,maybe as sylla is there,they want someone to receive but courtney flopped a lot this season

Also merlo as back up? Parrochiale did better or de bortoli

About stysiak she flopped in this SF also she miss some game,she was absent like 1 month ,van hecke had a regular season as was good mostly all time,she surprised me ,she should carry monza cause OH were unstable all season

Heyrman deserves to be there but mazzaro too,she did also a great season

• Stysiak didn't have that good season, in fact, because of Scandicci overall level and her health problems, she was (level-wise) a little bit disappointing from my perspective. Obviously, she's still perceived as a huge talent (rightfully so), but in reality Van Hecke had overall better season.

Lisa is kinda underrated, she's no spectacular player, but in reality she was pretty efficient for Monza this season. She's not on a level of top team with aspirations for CL, but this season in Serie A we had: Egonu, some good players, but with limited potential (Rosamaria, Grobelna, Van Hecke, Mingardi), and some young players with huge potential, but streaky and inconsistent as well (Stysiak and Nwakalor). So yeah, I can agree with her as 2nd-best on her position.

Nest season, with Diouf, Ebrar, Lippman, and some youngsters like Antropova, Stysiak, Nwakalor, Gicquel or maybe Plummer, league's level on OPP position should be much, much higher.

• Stysiak didn't have that good season, in fact, because of Scandicci overall level and her health problems, she was (level-wise) a little bit disappointing from my perspective. Obviously, she's still perceived as a huge talent (rightfully so), but in reality Van Hecke had overall better season.

Lisa is kinda underrated, she's no spectacular player, but in reality she was pretty efficient for Monza this season. She's not on a level of top team with aspirations for CL, but this season in Serie A we had: Egonu, some good players, but with limited potential (Rosamaria, Grobelna, Van Hecke, Mingardi), and some young players with huge potential, but streaky and inconsistent as well (Stysiak and Nwakalor). So yeah, I can agree with her as 2nd-best on her position.

Nest season, with Diouf, Ebrar, Lippman, and some youngsters like Antropova, Stysiak, Nwakalor, Gicquel or maybe Plummer, league's level on OPP position should be much, much higher.

I agree that this season Serie a didn't have many spectacular Opps (kinda ironic considering the fact that they have the best Opp in the world playing in this league). Next season looks promising!

• volleyball.it dream team,I agree

What's yours?

https://www.volleynews.it/non-…del-campionato-2020-2021/

Poulter is completely unjustifiably left out, I wouldn't have a problem with her instead of Wolosz even, and she's certainly miles away from Hancock. Also as already others mentioned, rest of the starting 7 is IMO more or less clear choice, but the bench could be maybe even completely different.

Stysiak had solid season, but not amazing.

I disagree that Van Hecke had better season. Stysiak was absent for a month or more and had healthy issues and still had better % attack, more blocks per set and more aces per set. On a top of that she played with worse setter and team overall and had to receive from time to time. When Stysiak was absent Scandicci was loosing to everyone. Lisa didn't have such an impact on her team. I agree that she's underrated, but she's not strong enough for top teams. According to stats (taking into consideration only starters) Egonu is first and Stysiak second.

• Stysiak had solid season, but not amazing.

I disagree that Van Hecke had better season. Stysiak was absent for a month or more and had healthy issues and still had better % attack, more blocks per set and more aces per set. On a top of that she played with worse setter and team overall and had to receive from time to time. When Stysiak was absent Scandicci was loosing to everyone. Lisa didn't have such an impact on her team. I agree that she's underrated, but she's not strong enough for top teams. According to stats (taking into consideration only starters) Egonu is first and Stysiak second.

I think Van Hecke hasn't that impact because Monza is a far better team than Scandicci on many positions and as a whole. Scandicci can be all about Stysiak, Monza never plays one dimension volleyball. Expecially when they are in system, everyone can kill the ball for Monza.

• Stysiak had solid season, but not amazing.

Savino depend on her,monza was a team

Van hecke was solid in key moments and in whole season

• Poulter should be the second best setter after Wolosz. For Hancock, I am not very impressed. I mean - she's good and she gets her job done (most of the time), but she's not like Poulter who really elevated her team.

• WHAT A GREAT SEASON FOR SERIA A :cup:

CEV Champions League winner - Imoco Conegliano

3 teams in CEV CL semi finals - Igor Novara 3rd placed and Busto 4th placed.

CEV CUP winner - Monza

10:1 (against the biggest rivals, Turkish clubs)

Italian clubs deserves 4 spots in CL, and I hope it is gone happend again.

I'm so sad that match between Igor Novara and Vakifbank didn't happend. They have put Conegliano under much bigger pressure than Vakifbank. That match would be super interesting too.

Novara deserves to perform at WCCH, I hope they will pay for Wild Card.

And I can't wait for the next season. It could be even better because right now it looks like Conegliano is gone be under much bigger pressure.

I can't wait to see how will Monza, Perugia and Scandicci are gone perform. And Busto, Novara are pretty much the same, with upgrades and this two teams can only grow !!!

Already 5-6 high level teams on the paper and again great middle level teams as Bisonte, Cuneo, Perugia and Chieri. :super::super::super:

• I'm so sad that match between Igor Novara and Vakifbank didn't happend. They have put Conegliano under much bigger pressure than Vakifbank. That match would be super interesting too.

Novara deserves to perform at WCCH, I hope they will pay for Wild Card.

Im sure it would’ve been an interesting match but they didn’t put Conegliano under much bigger pressure. Novara and Imoco played 7 matches this year (I hope I didn’t forget any) and only 1 match was very close. And even in that match Novara were never 2 points away from victory like Vakifbank were. Yes, great season but no need to make up lies.

• Last two matches for Scudetto were super close. Novara played amazingly. And Imoco was always down, and chasing the score whole match. This matches were more interesting than yesterday match. Especially the first one.

But hey, can’t wait for next season maybe we are gone watch match between them :D

• Im sure it would’ve been an interesting match but they didn’t put Conegliano under much bigger pressure. Novara and Imoco played 7 matches this year (I hope I didn’t forget any) and only 1 match was very close. And even in that match Novara were never 2 points away from victory like Vakifbank were. Yes, great season but no need to make up lies.

Well in regular season and cl novara didn't challenge imoco like vakibank did ,but in the finals of serie A they did the same or even better than vakifbank in my oponion. Those two matches were really close and for me were more exciting and nice matches than the yesterday's one