The best NT matches

• Japan-China 2012 Olympics semifinals

It was only the quarterfinal.

Japan battled Brazil in the semifinal

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

• My favourite one is Japan-Brasil semifinal (Tokyo 2010, Women's World Championship)
    Japan was close to be in final, unfortunately, after great match they won bronze medal ;)

JPN : Takeshita, Inoue, Yamamoto, Yamaguchi, Kimura, Ebata, Sano (L)

BRA: Fabiola, Fabiana, Thaisa, Jaqueline, Natalia, Sheilla, Fabi (L)

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• Of course my list mostly includes Dutch NT matches:saint:

1. Olympic Games 2012 Quater Final

Brazil 3-2 Russia

This match made me fall in love with volleyball! What a thrilling match this was, with a great comeback from Brazil thanks to two of the best players ever IMO: Sheilla and Thaisa:super:

2. Olympic Games 2016 preliminary round

The Netherlands 3-2 China

In this match the Dutch team showed they were capable of making an upset in the Olympics.

3. Olympic Games 2016 preliminary round

USA 3-2 The Netherlands

Maybe the best quality the Dutch team ever showed. They played really good and everyone was involved. Unfortunately Balkestein-Grothues got injured in the fourth set:( IMO the Netherlands could have won the match if this didn't have happened, because she was the best player on court even in offensive play she did a great job.

4. Olympic Games 2016 Semi Final
    China 3-1 The Netherlands

This was such a tight match with every set going to the maximum points. #Plakpower and the heavily injured Balkestein-Grothues almost changed the match when they came on court in the fourth set, but Zhu Ting was just to much.

5. World Championship 2018 third round

The Netherlands 3-2 USA

What a comback from the Netherlands after they lost the first 2 sets!:cheesy: Sloëtjes scoring 38 points in that macth!!! Such a shame de Kruijf and Daalderop weren't there, but Lohuis stepped up that tournament.

6. World Grand Prix 2016 Final

Brazil 3-2 USA

So sad that was the last high level match between the rivals Brazil and USA. The middle blockers, Thaisa, Fabiana, Adams and Akinradewo were so good!:obey:

7. World Grand Prix 2016 Bronze Medal Match

The Netherlands 3-2 Russia

Great comeback from the Netherlands after they lost the first 2 sets and they finally were able to beat Russia.

8. European Olympic Qualifications 2016

The Netherlands 3-0 Turkey

The Netherlands blew Turkey of the court that day. but they had to after their loss against Germany. The squad was carried by experienced forces Stam - Pilon and Steenbergen. What a fighters:box:

9. World Championship 2014 Semi final

USA 3-0 Brazil

I'm a big fan of Brazil, but USA introduced the fast system that tournament. Glass with her megical hands and her physical strength at the net! She was a big reason why Hill performed so good and became the MVP.

10. Olympic Games 2012 Quater Final

Japan 3-2 China

Japan showed defense can win from offense that match. Sano one of the best libero in the world digged so many balls, Takashita playing such a creative style and Kimura showed what an all-round outside hitter looks like:win:

• But what about 1996 Atlanta Men's Olympic Final? :what:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

• We are only talking about the REAL volleyball here.:P

jk:D

• But what about 1996 Atlanta Men's Olympic Final? :what:

I wasn't even born back then and I don't watch men's volleyball🙈 But it has been called the sports moment of the 20th century in the Netherlands, so a great moment for Dutch volleyball!:cup:

• 2004 OG final China-Russia 3-2

This was my second favorite match. This match is extra special for me because this was the first match I've ever watched and fell in love with volleyball. So many iconic players were in that match

This is my favorite game of all times... my second one was Brazil 3x0 Italy OG 2008, I was really afraid of that team, Italy had a dream team, but it was so easy! how many blocks Brazil had that game?! Just remembering it give me the chills... Really good!

Then, one day I just stopped watching volleyball. I don't know if it was Fofão's retirement, or the introduction of the USA's fast system that I didn't like very much. I didn't even watch the 2016 Olympics. But back in 2018 I was looking for something to watch and they were broadcasting SRB x NED VNL 2018 (It was an amazing comeback for NED, losing 2x0, and winning the tie-break 20x18, Boskovic was unbelievable in that game, but they lost to an inspired Belien - she did almost 10 points in that tie-break) and I felt in love again. It's kind of an useless game, it's not OG, World Championship, nothing really important, but it has a special place in my heart :D

• Cool to know, sloth!:drink:

But IMO you had nothing to fear for your squad in Beijing 2008. That was probably, on paper, the strongest NT squad in 21st century (only 2004 China and Russia could really compete with it).

• Looking back, I have to say my favourite team (aside from Serbia) was 2003-2006 Poland. I just love it, and have enjoyed watching all the matches of it I could get my hands of (at the time, I wasn't yet a fan of volleyball). Favorite matches are semifinal and final of 2003 Europeam Championship. Getting back from 1-2 down against Gemany and then thrashing Turkey in the final (I think it might be the most one-sided EC final of this century), with 20 year-old future superstars Neslihan and Skowronska!:heart:Unfortunately, outside of Europe, they din't achieve anything of note outside of Europe.;(

• Cool to know, sloth!:drink:

But IMO you had nothing to fear for your squad in Beijing 2008. That was probably, on paper, the strongest NT squad in 21st century (only 2004 China and Russia could really compete with it).

Brazil was losing to Italy during the entire cycle, including some important matches, that's why most of us were very afraid of them :cheesy:

• I think anyone from here beside Latinos like me know this match

Cuba vs Brasil PanAmerican Games Rio 2007

A great rivalry became a fight in the "Maracanazinho" home of Brazil where was played the Rio16 Finals

After cuba won everything at 90s,Brazil dominates them all the 2000s,only Cuba won at Bronze medal match in Athenas.

I thought that Brazil would've won because they were better than cuba despite me rooting for Cuba

It was the match of my life,i loved Calderon and Ruiz,their jumping was awesome and they played incredible

Barros and Carrillo were shouting in Brasilians faces all time and also Ramirez.

In Brazil,Sheilla and Paula were stunning,they were doing almost everything in attack because Sassa was so weak that game

Fabiana did some monster blocks in Calderon

They had a lot of match points in 4th and 5th set and they couldn't close

EPIC MATCH