Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2020/21

• After the post match press comments by Stuttgart's management I saw this coming, but not that soon :what: They complained that other coaches like Koslowski and Hernandez are more passionate which seems to help their teams, and they said they are recognising a pattern that often in important matches, the team underperformed in the last years (last two Cup finals, now the semifinal). IMO those statements were close to unprofessional because they were clearly insinuating that Athanasopoulos is the new scapegoat :thumbdown: Reading today's statement between the lines, it sounds like he's fed up with Renkema and Irion thinking they know everything better, so he rather decided to raise the white flag.

Considering that the management wants a "passionate coach", I don't see them signing Teun Buijs, and on top of my mind I don't remember anyone else available :/ What is Vercesi doing these days? He's surely "passionate" :D But then, I think Renkema should simply coach the team herself, undoubtedly nobody could do it better than her :teach::gone:

I got to watch the semifinals now, and there is no reasonable explanation for Stuttgart playing THAT bad. I've never seen Rivers performing like this, to me it was clear that something must have been wrong with her. She also got far less sets than she usually would in such a match. Kästner overall didn't make good choices, I hope she can at least learn from the match.

• After the post match press comments by Stuttgart's management I saw this coming, but not that soon :what: They complained that other coaches like Koslowski and Hernandez are more passionate which seems to help their teams, and they said they are recognising a pattern that often in important matches, the team underperformed in the last years (last two Cup finals, now the semifinal). IMO those statements were close to unprofessional because they were clearly insinuating that Athanasopoulos is the new scapegoat :thumbdown: Reading today's statement between the lines, it sounds like he's fed up with Renkema and Irion thinking they know everything better, so he rather decided to raise the white flag.

Considering that the management wants a "passionate coach", I don't see them signing Teun Buijs, and on top of my mind I don't remember anyone else available :/ What is Vercesi doing these days? He's surely "passionate" :D But then, I think Renkema should simply coach the team herself, undoubtedly nobody could do it better than her :teach::gone:

I got to watch the semifinals now, and there is no reasonable explanation for Stuttgart playing THAT bad. I've never seen Rivers performing like this, to me it was clear that something must have been wrong with her. She also got far less sets than she usually would in such a match. Kästner overall didn't make good choices, I hope she can at least learn from the match.

Renkema would get fired by the 2nd set :rolll:

I was wondering what was up with Rivers too. Her heads just not in the game.

• Potsdam - Münster 3:0 (20, 20, 20)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2037.pdf

MVP: Symone Speech / Anika Brinkmann

Yet another non-performance from Münster who according to Thomsen is doing soooo great in practise but can't show it in the matches :gone: The result would have been even clearer if Potsdam had a better setter. In the Cup semifinal I thought Ana Tiemi finally lived up to the expectations but today she was back to her usual self. In every match there are 1-2 players with whom she connects well and the rest most of the time have a hard time making anything out of her sets.

• Today 19.00 Wiesbaden vs Stuttgart on sporttotal.tv

According to Renkema they're looking for a temporary coach for the rest of this season because right now there are not many available, and then they'll look for a long term solution starting next season.

• The stream from Wiesbaden is horrible, the camera is waaaaay too high so one gets vertigo by watching :aww: And as the camera always follows the ball, the court nearly disappears from the image when the ball flies high :roll:

• Wiesbaden - Stuttgart 0:3 (20, 17, 15)

Fixed stats

MVP: Ashley Evans / Lena Große Scharmann

Krystal Rivers didn't play today and was sitting on bench during the whole match, so probably already during Cup semifinal something was wrong with her indeed. No info yet what's the problem, she didn't have any visible injury.

• Wiesbaden - Stuttgart 0:3 (20, 17, 15)

Fixed stats

MVP: Ashley Evans / Lena Große Scharmann

Krystal Rivers didn't play today and was sitting on bench during the whole match, so probably already during Cup semifinal something was wrong with her indeed. No info yet what's the problem, she didn't have any visible injury.

did JWO really pass that poorly? :what:

• I watched only little part of the match so I can't comment. But a general comment on the stats this season: right after the matches, the stats sheet made by the scouts during the match gets uploaded to VBL site, and then 1-2 days later a new version gets uploaded, based on the scouting video of the matches I suppose. Usually the differences are not big, but sometimes the first version of the stats are erratic in some aspects. If that happens I'll post the link to the corrected version once it appears.

• Lohuis is playing really stable so far this season! She is more important for the team than Todorova... Also her attack seemed to become more powerful:)

• Lohuis is playing really stable so far this season! She is more important for the team than Todorova... Also her attack seemed to become more powerful:)

She still has a lot to give to Dutch NNT, especially if Robin will retire after wch

• Just finished watching Wiesbaden-Vilsbiburg.... would never guess Wiesbaden beat Schweriner lol no one can terminate or dig a ball

also whoever is keeping stats hates JWO. 31/25 passing? not in my book :whistle::lol:

• Dresden - Erfurt 3:0 (19, 20, 21)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2048.pdf

MVP: Jennifer Janiska / Jasmine Gross

Stuttgart - Aachen 3:1 (25:15 25:20 18:25 27:25)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2047.pdf

MVP: Maria Segura / Nina Herelova

Vilsbiburg - Wiesbaden 3:0 (19, 17, 25)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2043.pdf

MVP: Luisa Keller (7 aces!) / Renate Bjerland

Schwerin - Suhl 3:1 (26:24 25:17 21:25 25:15)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2070.pdf

MVP: Hayley Spelman / Jelena Sunjic