Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2020/21

• VCW vs VFB has a stream but the focus isn’t even on the court.

Haha yes! I'm getting dizzy watching the match:lol:

Laura de Zwart is playing much much better than in Dresden! Wiesbaden's defense has no answer to her attack:obey:

Also Muller contribute in a good way as a middle blocker. Although I think they depend a bit too much on their opposite in attack, because their outside hitters are weak attackers.

Some great defensive work by Wong-Orantes!:super:

• Based on the friendly matches both teams played I expect the following starting line-up:

Schwerin

Imoudu - Spelman

Szakmary - Alsmeier

Barfield - Schölzel

Pogany

IMO they are weaker than last season, but they were able to sign a competitive team eventually. For me the setter position and outside hitter position will determine if they can play at a good level.

Imoudu and Stoltenborg both are shaky setters. They need good reception otherwise their style is to predictable. I'm curious if the outside hitters can deliver this good reception... Alsmeier is a good receiver, but she is still young so you can't expect her to play the same role as Geerties did for many years in Schwerin. Szakmary isn't a good receiver. When she doesn't perform well, I expect Agost to take over her spot. Oude Luttikhuis is also an option, but in the friendly matches she played as opposite.

Middle blockers are solid players and Spelman is a good opposite for the German league.

Dresden

Gray - Storck

Geerties - Stigrot

Weitzel - Gates

Dürr

Excited to watch Gray playing overseas. She has the potential to become a solid setter, because she has all the qualities a setter needs. Storck showed in Aachen she can take a lot of responsibility in offense, so curious of she can do the same for a top team. Dresden did a great job signing Geerties! She is a great receiver and I hope Gray is able to play a fast game with her, so she is also usefull in attack. Stigrot is lucky to have Geerties and Dürr next to her in serve receive, so she doesn't have to take a lot of responsibility in that departement and can focus on attack.

Weitzel is one of the best prospects on the middle blocker position in the world, so hope she can develop further this season. Gates isn't a spectaculair player, but she does her job. Big advantage she has good connection with Gray on the slide attack.

Can't name a winner, but if I have to say one team, my pick for now would be Schwerin, because they are the more experienced team.

Hope to see a nice level of play tomorrow and may the best team win!:drink:

• My guess is Dresden! They have 2 world class level players in their roster (Geerties&Dürr). Haven't watched Gray&Gates yet but the rest are better on paper than corresponding players in Schwerin

• Not the highest level so far, many many service errors... Eventually Schwerin won the first set.

Gray is playing good for Dresdner so far! Her sets are at a high tempo.

Schwerin with difficulties in reception as expected, but they attack well out of system and they have a good block.

• Well I thought Szakmary would be the weakness in reception for Schwerin, but Alsmeier is really bad in reception so far! She just let the ball hit her body:aww:

• Durr is awful. :down::down::down:

I Agree! I want to see Hentz!!!

• Hentz now in for defense and showing right away why she should be on court! Some crazy defensive plays by her:cheesy:

• Congrats Schwerin! Szakmary defenitly MVP, she played great. Also Imoudu played quite good.

Dresdner lost to themselves today! So many unforced errors:wall:Such a shame they dind't sign another good offensive outside hitter, because Stigrot just isn't good enough. Storck played horrible today!

• Congrats Schwerin! Szakmary defenitly MVP, she played great. Also Imoudu played quite good.

Dresdner lost to themselves today! So many unforced errors:wall:Such a shame they dind't sign another good offensive outside hitter, because Stigrot just isn't good enough. Storck played horrible today!

Geerties was awful.

• Surprised to see Agost giving out her spot in order to get Nestler to serve as back row backup

As I recall, she's been quite a promising attacker and should do a better job than Spelman

In fact, havent seen her playing on court as part of the roster since she got to Schwerin

Literally weird

• Surprised to see Agost giving out her spot in order to get Nestler to serve as back row backup

As I recall, she's been quite a promising attacker and should do a better job than Spelman

In fact, havent seen her playing on court as part of the roster since she got to Schwerin

Literally weird

she has big problem with shoulder. Can’t play.