Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2020/21

• Aachen is doing a very good job and tied the match 1-1 now. In the long run the lack of depth in their roster might cause them trouble, but their starting seven is pretty good. I think they're better with Haynes instead of Olimstad, the latter is better in reception but Haynes contributes much more in offense.

• I have to say Schölzel is developing more and more every season! She already was a good blocker, but her attack wasn't great. Last year's she developed more on this departement and become more powerful in attack.

Aachen is doing a very good job and tied the match 1-1 now. In the long run the lack of depth in their roster might cause them trouble, but their starting seven is pretty good. I think they're better with Haynes instead of Olimstad, the latter is better in reception but Haynes contributes much more in offense.

I agree with you on Aachen! They have a decent starting 7, but their substitutes aren't that good.... Outside hitter position is their weakest point IMO. Haynes is vulnerable in serve receive and Olimstad is invisible in attack. Poll is their best outside hitter, but doesn't stand out in offense nor defense. Middle blocker position is their strongest quality amd Hendriksen should involve them as much as possible!

• Who do you think is better Schölzel or Weitzel?

Weitzel is 3 years younger and also taller, plus she has a lot of potential. Schölzel is more of a late bloomer and she missed almost the whole 18/19 season due to injury, but has made a big step forward now. IMO Weitzel is better overall already though and can be a world class MB in the near future if she stays healthy and makes good decisions.

• Who do you think is better Schölzel or Weitzel?

Weitzel is 3 years younger and also taller, plus she has a lot of potential. Schölzel is more of a late bloomer and she missed almost the whole 18/19 season due to injury, but has made a big step forward now. IMO Weitzel is better overall already though and can be a world class MB in the near future if she stays healthy and makes good decisions.

👆:lol:

For me Weitzel is good in all aspects! She has a strong serve, can attack both infront of the setter as the slide attack and has a good block. She is still very young, so only can develop even more!

• And Aachen won!:woohoo:

Nice match to watch! Great tie-break with some good defense and setters who did everything they could to involve their middles!:super: Also Poll attacked really smart in the tie-break!

• Aachen - Schwerin 3:2 (20:25 25:21 20:25 25:21 16:14)

Stats

MVP: Jana Franziska Poll / Taylor Agost

It was a really good match, Schwerin didn't even play bad (though surely not their best), but Aachen simply was better today. Poll played possibly the best match I ever saw of her, 25 pts with 60% against Schwerin is amazing! Hindriksen distributed very well, both MBs contributed a lot, also Kicka and Haynes did a good job. Annie Cesar was great in defense, I think she wanted to show Koslowski that she wants to play in NT :whistle:

For Schwerin, Agost did great when she came in, IMO she must be starter over Spelman! Also Imoudu is playing so much better now than ever before, she still has some shaky moments but working with Koslowski really seems to boost her. Looking at how much many players improved under his guidance (e.g. Pogany, Schölzel, now Imoudu), he must be doing a very good job as coach.

• It was Schwerins first match after quarantine, which might be an excuse, but indeed statistics of Schwerin didn't look this bad to support this explanation. But it might be of relevance anyway; they attacked not well after bad reception for example, in this regard Aachen was clearly better.

• Potsdam signs Slovenian OPP Darja Erzen :what: I suppose due to Abercrombie's knee problems they decided to sign another OPP because Emonts as OPP can't be a long term solution, mainly because OH position is too weak without her...

• Erzen is not yet eligible to play for Potsdam today. Abercrombie is in the roster but on bench, and they try another option today: Veltman as OPP :what: She played it before in college, so nothing completely new, we'll see later how it's going to work. Emonts back to OH...

• What an embarrassment for German sports television production. They would be better just having a fixed camera then having this automated fiasco. Even the Greek league is better than this in their television production. Throw in some extra commercials if need be

Anything to create a more professional viewing experience. SSC vs ERF

• Schwerin - Erfurt 3:0 (20, 22, 17)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2032.pdf

MVP: Taylor Agost / Michelle Petter

Wiesbaden - Potsdam 1:3 (14:25 21:25 25:21 18:25)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2033.pdf

MVP: Frauke Neuhaus / Lindsey Ruddins

Jegdic with 100%/82% in reception :super: Wiesbaden is a mess without Tanja Großer, now even Neuhaus has to share reception duty with Runjic :gone:

Suhl - Münster 3:0 (19, 14, 19) :what:

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2034.pdf

MVP: Laura de Zwart / Juliane Langgemach

Terrible match by Münster. I wonder if they finally regret firing Buijs :S

Stuttgart - Straubing 3:0 (17, 19, 16)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2035.pdf

MVP: Lena Große Scharmann / Iris Scholten

• Cup QF and SF tournament will be played tomorrow and Thursday.

Tomorrow (sporttotal.tv)

16:00 Aachen - Schwerin

16:00 Vilsbiburg - Potsdam

19:30 Suhl - Dresden

19:30 Stuttgart - Erfurt

Thursday (Sport1)

16:30 SF in Schwerin

18:00 SF in Stuttgart

• Several players are absent already among the teams of the first matches: Aachen without 2nd setter Sorbo, Vilsbiburg without Corinna Glaab, Potsdam without Toni Stautz (Erzen is still not eligible to play).

It's probably a side effect of the current situation, players with symptoms of a cold are often kept out of the roster even with a negative test...

Matches start in 25 minutes:

Aachen - Schwerin

Vilsbiburg - Potsdam

• Suhl - Dresden 1:3 (25:23 19:25 10:25 16:25)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/8106.pdf

MVP: Danielle Harbin / Sarah Straube

Stuttgart - Erfurt 3:0 (15, 11, 19)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/8108.pdf

MVP: Juliet Lohuis / Jasmine Gross

Semifinals tomorrow on Sport1

16:30 Schwerin - Dresden

18:00 Potsdam - Stuttgart

I have very little doubt that the final will be Schwerin - Stuttgart unless Dresden and/or Potsdam happens to have the perfect day.