Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2020/21

• Coach Bergmann: "The 34-year-old had slipped on a staircase last week and bruised her heel. She wouldn't have been able to fit into any shoes and wouldn't have been able to jump with this injury."
    https://www.wn.de/Sport/Lokals…bkCJd-yvyzcGuoMUnpgwOhF5M

Such a ridiculous appearing injury - but why volleyball professionals should fare better than other people? Being sportive doesn't mean, that you are safe against such accidents.

• Such a ridiculous appearing injury - but why volleyball professionals should fare better than other people? Being sportive doesn't mean, that you are safe against such accidents.

Some years ago Katharina Schwabe missed a whole season due to a knee injury from falling down the stairs after training :aww:

Meanwhile, Potsdam added Junior NT MB Anastasia Cekulaev from VCO Berlin to their roster. She's supposed to be a big talent and already got to train with NT last summer, so I'm curious if they'll actually use her...

• Meanwhile, Potsdam added Junior NT MB Anastasia Cekulaev from VCO Berlin to their roster. She's supposed to be a big talent and already got to train with NT last summer, so I'm curious if they'll actually use her...

They have a (relatively) young middle blocker with Natalie Wilczek and she rarely gets any court time. Of course Anastasia Cekulaev is a bigger prospect that Wilczek, but it looks like Hernandez mostly uses the same starting six over and over again. I'd be surprised if she gets any court time. Maybe next season? Or maybe someone got injured? (I sure hope that's not the case)

• They have a (relatively) young middle blocker with Natalie Wilczek and she rarely gets any court time. Of course Anastasia Cekulaev is a bigger prospect that Wilczek, but it looks like Hernandez mostly uses the same starting six over and over again. I'd be surprised if she gets any court time. Maybe next season? Or maybe someone got injured? (I sure hope that's not the case)

Hopefully by next season. It does seem like they're reserving her to show her off when the right time comes if that makes sense

• Today, 20:30, live on Sport1: Schwerin - Stuttgart :super:

The last encounter between the teams was in December 2019 :white: Last season was stopped right before their 2nd match, and since then they haven't met because of Schwerin's quarantine in December. I hope for an interesting match!

• Whoever is serving the toughest will win this match, because both outside hitter duo's are very vulnerable in serve reception😅

• I know Jatzko and Oude Luttikhuis aren't the best replacements, but how on earth Kozlowski still didn't substituted one of Szakmary or Alsmeier:aww:

• I know Jatzko and Oude Luttikhuis aren't the best replacements, but how on earth Kozlowski still didn't substituted one of Szakmary or Alsmeier:aww:

To me it looks like for Koslowski the main purpose of the match is to give the starting six a chance to find back their rhythm, it's more like a training match for them after long break. Otherwise he certainly should give more time to Agost and Oude Luttikhuis!

• Well, that was quite one-sided...Aleksandersen seems to have a very good effect on Stuttgart, their game looks pretty good. I just wish Papafotiou would use the middles more often in attack, the few times she did it worked pretty well.

Yes it definitely looked like an improvement compared to the last few games in Bundesliga. They were more or less constant the whole game even though they still had a few shaky moments. Let's see if they have really improved or if this was just a fluke and they'll be back to their messy selves.

Well, the players of Schweriner had Covid. It was very unlucky for them having to meet MTV at this point.

Yeah I am sure it would have been less one-sided if they had a better rhythm, however even then Schwerins reception is still shaky which was a deciding factor in the game.