Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2020/21

• I'd like to hear some opinions about the situation that preceded Hollosy's outburst and expulsion in 1st set because it was indeed a very rare moment, you can watch it at 1:02:35 here: https://www.sporttotal.tv/ma69578c50

Koslowski was standing beside position 5 of Schwerin's court, close to the sideline. Suhl's MB was running a slide attack and spiked down the line. In the moment that she hit the ball, Koslowski made some kind of kicking movement (which is some sort of automatic movement he does quite often), and the ball hit his foot that was in the air somewhere over the sideline :aww: The linesman signalled ball touch, so first the referee gave the point to Suhl, but then Schwerin protested and the two referees plus the linesman discussed for a while and eventually the referee gave the point to Schwerin :what:

From the camera point of view it is impossible to tell if the ball would have landed in or out, so IMO giving the point to Schwerin can't be right. If Koslowski had stood a meter beside the line and had been hit by the ball there nobody would have protested, but like this it was a very unfortunate situation. He didn't intentionally touch the ball, but he did touch it. I think the best solution would have been repeating the rally, then both teams would have been a bit unhappy but it definitely wouldn't have escalated like that and maybe the situations that happened later wouldn't have been so emotional. It was very crazy to watch Spelman who seemed like the calmest player throughout the season repeatedly screaming at linesmen and referees and Pallag almost tearing down the net in frustration after she dug a ball but the referee said it was down :cheesy:

thx Matthias... this is a good summary of the situtation.

• I'd like to hear some opinions about the situation that preceded Hollosy's outburst and expulsion in 1st set because it was indeed a very rare moment, you can watch it at 1:02:35 here: https://www.sporttotal.tv/ma69578c50

Koslowski was standing beside position 5 of Schwerin's court, close to the sideline. Suhl's MB was running a slide attack and spiked down the line. In the moment that she hit the ball, Koslowski made some kind of kicking movement (which is some sort of automatic movement he does quite often), and the ball hit his foot that was in the air somewhere over the sideline :aww: The linesman signalled ball touch, so first the referee gave the point to Suhl, but then Schwerin protested and the two referees plus the linesman discussed for a while and eventually the referee gave the point to Schwerin :what:

From the camera point of view it is impossible to tell if the ball would have landed in or out, so IMO giving the point to Schwerin can't be right. If Koslowski had stood a meter beside the line and had been hit by the ball there nobody would have protested, but like this it was a very unfortunate situation. He didn't intentionally touch the ball, but he did touch it. I think the best solution would have been repeating the rally, then both teams would have been a bit unhappy but it definitely wouldn't have escalated like that and maybe the situations that happened later wouldn't have been so emotional. It was very crazy to watch Spelman who seemed like the calmest player throughout the season repeatedly screaming at linesmen and referees and Pallag almost tearing down the net in frustration after she dug a ball but the referee said it was down :cheesy:

I'm not sure if it was an automatic movement, it looks like he did it on purpose and from this angle, it looks like he put his foot inside the court. I think he should have been punished with a card for interfering with the game and the ball should be played again.

• Honestly I feel like Suhl should get the point. Koslowski interfered in the point before it was over and even if we can’t see where the ball might have landed, it definitely looks like Koslowski’s foot was over the sideline. I don’t know if it was deliberate or not but I don’t think it matters, there’s no need for him to be standing so close anyway. I could understand the point being replayed but Schwerin getting it is definitely unfair.

• I couldn't see the match....was Dresden worse than in the main round or Aachen so much better?

And what happened to Strubbe and Crittenden?

In the part I watched (since 2nd set) Aachen served and defended very well. Dresden surely didn't have their best match but they weren't really bad, Aachen deserved the two sets they won and with a bit more quality in the team they would have deserved winning the match. In the end I think their weakness on OH2 was the decisive difference today. Annie Cesar was amazing in defense today :obey:

• Dresden - Aachen 3:2 (25:17 25:20 19:25 23:25 17:15)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2501.pdf

MVP: Maja Storck (7 aces) / Jana Franziska Poll

Stuttgart - Straubing 3:0 (12, 15, 16) :gone:

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2504.pdf

MVP: Roosa Koskelo / Magdalena Gryka

Schwerin - Suhl 3:1 (23:25 25:15 25:16 25:18)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2507.pdf

MVP: Hayley Spelman / Maria Genitsaridi

Potsdam - Vilsbiburg 3:1 (20:25 26:24 27:25 25:12)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2510.pdf

MVP: Lindsey Ruddins / Jodie Guilliams

3rd match Schwerin - Suhl tomorrow 18:00 on sporttotal.tv, semifinals starting next weekend.

• I feel it coming that Hollosy will get another couple of cards today :gone: Just 5 minutes into the match there have been two unclear touch decisions in favour of Schwerin and the referee already had to tell Suhl's captain to tell the coach to calm down :aww:

• This is a very familiar experience for us in Stuttgart and for sure now also in Potsdam with head coach Hernandez, a very good, but also very hot blooded coach... the calm captains have often to try to cool him down :what:;)