Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2020/21

• Schwerin - Suhl 3:0 (16, 13, 14) :gone:

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2508.pdf

MVP: Greta Szakmary / Danielle Harbin

Semifinals:

1st Dresden vs 4th Potsdam

2nd Stuttgart vs 3rd Schwerin

So eventually all the favourites made it to semifinal even though except Stuttgart all teams had to fight hard at some point. IMO both semifinals are wide open, in regular season both pairs ended 1:1 with two 3:0 wins each. I hope for exciting matches, and luckily starting from semifinals there will also be Challenge system :thumbup:

• I never got to watch Suhl a lot, did Mohler just have a meh season?

• I never got to watch Suhl a lot, did Mohler just have a meh season?

I think overall she had a very good season and was one of the positive surprises. In the beginning she was 3rd MB but soon conquered the starting place from Sabrina Müller and she had a lot of good matches then. She suffered a leg muscle injury in February and recovered just in time for playoffs, so she wasn't at her best, but I think overall she did a good job for Suhl.

• I think overall she had a very good season and was one of the positive surprises. In the beginning she was 3rd MB but soon conquered the starting place from Sabrina Müller and she had a lot of good matches then. She suffered a leg muscle injury in February and recovered just in time for playoffs, so she wasn't at her best, but I think overall she did a good job for Suhl.

Oh that's good to hear! I guess I just picked the poor matches to look at :lol::lol:

• Some transfer rumors from the eliminated teams: Vilsbiburg and Straubing want to keep as many players as possible, whereas Münster, Wiesbaden and Erfurt will have many changes. Sarah van Aalen is rumored to go to Potsdam and Linda Bock might use an option in her contract to leave Münster as well. Suhl after a good season wants to set high goals for next season as well and since they already renewed with almost half of their team this is not unrealistic.

• Some transfer rumors from the eliminated teams: Vilsbiburg and Straubing want to keep as many players as possible, whereas Münster, Wiesbaden and Erfurt will have many changes. Sarah van Aalen is rumored to go to Potsdam and Linda Bock might use an option in her contract to leave Münster as well. Suhl after a good season wants to set high goals for next season as well and since they already renewed with almost half of their team this is not unrealistic.

New environment will be good for van Aalen, but don't know if Potsdam is the right choice for her though. She definitely will not be a starter looking at the season she had. To develop she has to play as much as possible...

Bock could do better than Münster for sure, but I don't know in wich team she could be a starting libero, considering most libero's in the top 5 teams seems locked:/

• From my info will be some big change in clubs. The most important question for me who will replace Lenka in Dresden, because she will finish after this year I think.
    Potsdam i think is not so good place for setters what I see after this season, but maybe this will be good choice.
    Straubing want keep but I know some key players will be out.

• From my info will be some big change in clubs. The most important question for me who will replace Lenka in Dresden, because she will finish after this year I think.
    Potsdam i think is not so good place for setters what I see after this season, but maybe this will be good choice.
    Straubing want keep but I know some key players will be out.

I'm also pretty sure Lenka will retire after this season. I really hope Hentz will stay in Dresden!!

Especially Dresden could lose many key players if they don't manage to extend the contracts: Storck, Stigrot, Weitzel, Gray, Gates...:white:

• Bart Janssen will no longer be coach of Aachen next season.

I could imagine Linda Bock as Dürr's replacement in Dresden if she retires. Hentz is too weak in reception IMO. Other than that, I hope Magda Gryka will find a place in one of the top teams to be able to prove herself on higher level.

• I'm also pretty sure Lenka will retire after this season. I really hope Hentz will stay in Dresden!!

Especially Dresden could lose many key players if they don't manage to extend the contracts: Storck, Stigrot, Weitzel, Gray, Gates...:white:

She is still very young for a libero, why do you think she will retire?

• First semifinal matches today:

18:00 Schwerin - Stuttgart (Sport1)

19:00 Potsdam - Dresden (sporttotal.tv, also as professional production)

Interesting background story from Schwerin: Hayley Spelman suffered a deep cut under her knee in the last training before the 2nd quarterfinal match, it even had to be sewn but she wanted to play anyway. During the match the wound tore open again but she still finished the match and also played the 3rd match on the next day :white:

Koslowski called her "crazy" and maybe stories like this explain why she never lost her spot in starting six despite her shaky performances...

• Update: Spelman can't play due to pain in her hitting arm, it's not certain if it's from shoulder or elbow but she can't attack. She'll have MRI on Monday to find out what's the problem. Oude Luttikhuis is out due to knee problems.

• I'm starting to like Alsmeier more and more! She is really versatile and could become an allround outside hitter! Hope she stays one more year in Schwerin, so she can develop to a stable factor:)

• Stuttgart really needs to sign a new libero for next season, Koskelo has become such a shaky receiver :white:

If Stuttgart doesn't wake up soon and show some fighting spirit this is going to be a repetition of the last regular season match where Schwerin won 3:0 easily...

And right after I wrote this Stuttgart did wake up ^^

• Stuttgart really needs to sign a new libero for next season, Koskelo has become such a shaky receiver :white:

If Stuttgart doesn't wake up soon and show some fighting spirit this is going to be a repetition of the last regular season match where Schwerin won 3:0 easily...

Maybe they'll get Linda Bock :lol: Normally I would say Stuttgart is not the team to use young players in important positions, but maybe its different under Aleksandersen