Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2020/21

• Stuttgart - Dresden 3:2 (23:25 23:25 26:24 25:21 15:13)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2020-21/Women/2519.pdf

MVP: Krystal Rivers / Maja Storck

Rivers 38 pts with 56%, in tie-break she attacked 7/8 and Stuttgart as team 10/11 :white: Storck 34 pts with 51% which is very good, but it wasn't enough.

Dresden played a very good game, just a bit too many errors in 4th and 5th set, but they didn't really do anything wrong. Jasper was very important for Stuttgart's comeback and also Papafotiou found a good rhythm after a difficult start when she entered. But Rivers is beyond words when she plays like today :cup:

• River is really out of this world. But it is so annoying that literally every ball goes to her. It's not Stuttgart who wins the title but Rivers.

Really sad for Dresden today. ?(

Yes and no. She was definitely overused today and won the tiebreak on her own so for today I agree. But if everyone else struggles to score, what else is there to do than to set to the one who does score.
    Also in the last game everyone contributed so I would not say Rivers is the only reason they (possibly) win the title but maybe the reason they won this game

• Hester Jasper blocked Maja Storck :super::white:

She made 3 blocks in this match according to the stats! I also remember her blocking Mihajlovic during VNL 2019:box: She pretty decent blocking abilities , if she only was a few inches taller...

Great to see she did a good job after finally she got a chance to play!^^ Her defensive play and and her abilities to stabilize the reception can be really helpful for a team, especially when you have a player like Rivers to kill the balls in attack!

I know there probably isn't a link where I can rewatch the game, but if someone finds one, please share!:saint:

• She made 3 blocks in this match according to the stats! I also remember her blocking Mihajlovic during VNL 2019:box: She pretty decent blocking abilities , if she only was a few inches taller...

Great to see she did a good job after finally she got a chance to play!^^ Her defensive play and and her abilities to stabilize the reception can be really helpful for a team, especially when you have a player like Rivers to kill the balls in attack!

One block was against Storck, the other two were against Weitzel but both from very bad sets. I don't want to diminish her blocking abilities, I remember another match of Jasper some weeks ago in which she was best blocker of her team but I don't remember which match it was :/

• One block was against Storck, the other two were against Weitzel but both from very bad sets. I don't want to diminish her blocking abilities, I remember another match of Jasper some weeks ago in which she was best blocker of her team but I don't remember which match it was :/

Hester Jasper is the typical example for agile and versatile attackers, who can block well, when they can anticipate opponents attacks and then compensating missing physcial height by jumping high. Rivers and formerly Lisa Izquierdo did similar things in the past.

• There is one on Sporttotal.tv
    I though it needed a German IP but I tried it with VPN in other countries and it still seemed to work...

It works!!! THANK YOU:obey:

• Storck scoring almost everything!:white: But also the only player who can score for Dresden... Gray should really work on her connection with the middles, otherwise they should try Straube. Stigrot is the weak link for Dresden! She can't receive nor score in attack:gone:

Hester Jasper again important from the bench^^

• Amazing 1st set :obey::obey::obey: I think it was very important for Dresden's confidence to win it!

Storck has to be the most improved player of the league this season, her performance in the playoffs has been incredible and today she's outstanding again!

• Kästner and Gray are the same age and IMO Kästner is much better. Gray is so shaky, in 2nd set her sets to Storck were off all the time :aww:

Kastner has played pro volleyball since 2013 with VCO Berlin, while Gray is playing her first pro season. :teach: