Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• I wanted Cansu to win and EczV to win lol, at least 1 happened I guess but still...

• I wouldn't feel so good if I was ECZ. They have great players and they played well, but Vakif is the team that doesn't give a shit about being down 0–2. That's a winning mentality. JT Marvelous has it over in Japan

• Someone needs to tell Elif how good she is... she has this raw talent, she just needs to believe a little bit more...

• Someone needs to tell Elif how good she is... she has this raw talent, she just needs to believe a little bit more...

Even how strong she was as a blocker in clutch time, even many experienced players become shaky

• I know Cansu played well but, a big but, she came in when Vakifbank started to receive well. First two sets Eczacibasi was serving like crazy and it stopped and once receiving was improved, things got a lot easier for Cansu and Haak. Message from this match is "key to beat Vakifbank: great serves 3 sets long, not two sets, not enough".

I also didnt like Guidetti's coaching first 2 sets, his substitutions were not smart which proved that simple substitution of Bartsch and Cansu can save the game. Good that he understands his mistakes and fix them.

On the other side, what did Motta do other than watching the match? I mean he did not introduce even a serve substitution lol. Only Fatma in, Thompson out. Despite his age and experience, Motta has serious problems with tactics and strategy.

• I wouldn't feel so good if I was ECZ. They have great players and they played well, but Vakif is the team that doesn't give a shit about being down 0–2. That's a winning mentality. JT Marvelous has it over in Japan

You're not wrong, the defeat will definitely hurt. But I think they went into this match as clear underdogs and they showed that they can play on Vakifbank's level. They are a young team, still improving together whereas Vakif has more experienced players and they all played together last year as well. If Eczacibasi can improve throughout the season (which they have failed to do in recent years) then there's no reason they can't end up with a few trophies.

• Honestly, losing 5-25 5-25 5-25 would have been less demoralizing then this.

• If they can gather the team together and realize that the right time to win against Vakifbank is not right now, but when matter the most, this match will be beneficial for them... In the meantime, it will hurt a lot, for sure

• I think it is important to understand the takeaways from this match and discuss them. Vakifbank has a clear vulnerability that influence their game like day and night: serve receives. Besides, these three teams will surely be in top 4 and play playoffs against each other, having many opportunities. So I don't understand the reason to be sad. What is important is, when that day comes and they play against Vakifbank in the semi or final, they have to serve the hell out of them, otherwise it will be very very difficult to beat Vakifbank as last 3 sets showed.

Also Motta should prepare some bench players as good serve subs such as Melis Durul or Saliha, so there are alternatives.

• If they can gather the team together and realize that the right time to win against Vakifbank is not right now, but when matter the most, this match will be beneficial for them... In the meantime, it will hurt a lot, for sure

Exactly. They can't allow what happened a few years ago after the famous 20-10 defeat to happen again. That season they were almost beaten before they even went on court against Vakifbank. It helps athletes if they can take the positives from a situation rather than the negatives but it's easier said than done of course.

• Frankly, all I see as a realistic takeaways for Vitra from this match is that even when everything works in their favor (their players start the match great; they exploit their opponent's weakness well etc)they will still lose. That's why I say this is even more demoralising then a straight beatdown.

And also, that Motta is a useless space-filler as far as in-game tactics and presence goes. His only good quality is in player development. In other words, he would be a great assistant coach, but is a useless head-coach.

• Not to diminish ECZ or the insightful comments about tactics and coaching.

It's a rare place to get to where being down 0–2 or 1–2 isn't worrying. If Vakif would have been up 2–0 it would have felt like game over to me. I think that's special and it's a winners mentality

• Frankly, all I see as a realistic takeaways for Vitra from this match is that even when everything works in their favor (their players start the match great; they exploit their opponent's weakness well etc)they will still lose. That's why I say this is even more demoralising then a straight beatdown.

And also, that Motta is a useless space-filler as far as in-game tactics and presence goes. His only good quality is in player development. In other words, he would be a great assistant coach, but is a useless head-coach.

I’m confused though which players has he developed? I feel like he just gets lucky with talented players.....

• No one saw the result after the first two sets in a landslide win.

Ecz choked like this again. They have been struggling with mental toughness in last a few seasons.

Vakif's tenacity paid off.

• I don't know who #8 is on Vakif. But she felt comforting. Seems like one of those players you put in when not-fucking-up is more important than bringing a torch. Do I need to know who that is?

• I don't know who #8 is on Vakif. But she felt comforting. Seems like one of those players you put in when not-fucking-up is more important than bringing a torch. Do I need to know who that is?

LOL it's Vakif's captain.Melis Gürkaynak. She has been playing in Vakifbank for years now.

Melis Gurkaynak, captain, she is not the palying leader at all, she haven't that quality, but she have such a status in Vakif, 100% deserved IMO.

• Bogdan123  Brtkk Thanks peoples. I'm only a couple years into Turkish volleyball. Not sure I've seen her play before.

• Melis Gurkaynak, captain, she is not the palying leader at all, she haven't that quality, but she have such a status in Vakif, 100% deserved IMO.

She's also a lucky star for Vakif.

I remembered her serve saved Vakif in CL's semi vs Imoco in 2018