Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• looks like THY is basically done.

Love this team tbh, we know Aslı is good but I hope she can push her friend Özge to play as they used to back in the days again <3 I'm not interested in Busra XD srry

• From the looks of it for 2020-2021,

VB will be the force obv again

EczV, FB, THY, Aydin putting good teams as well.

I dont think Kamil Soz (again) and Can would sign with Nilufer and Yesilyurt if they have plans like Beylikduzu 2019, so I expect them to at least put something decent before the start of next season.

Afaik PTT will keep the bulgarians and replace Polen with a better Opp. Kale 1957 keeps the Dominicans and Ilbank Rachel Sanchez Perez, those are good bases to start at least a mid-lower level decent team. Kuzeyboru SC has put a decent mid-lower table kind of team imo.

Sariyer is so passionate about being back in VVSL, i hope they put something nice as well, I love their management.

So BEVI, BJK, and Karayollari: DONT DISAPPOINT US. In a way it's good we got 4 new teams, many 2nd league teams struggled with trying to make the top 2 even though they would be glad to invest if they did. If it turns out bad we could work at least back to eliminating those teams that do not have much interest but keep staying in VVSL even just with a bit of luck.

• Oh I forgot about Galatasaray.

So far they only signed local players and there was news that'd be it, I hope it won't be... Idk her current form but I wish Ilkin Aydin could be a starter and they'd get 2 OHs and 1 MB

• it's official btw, rip Aydin

• THY playing the Balkan Cup is a joke in a way, but on the other way it means Turkey has 2 sure spots in Challenge Cup. Unless they play the mini-tournament with the youth or B team, they won't have troubles to make it to Challenge Cup.

• THY playing the Balkan Cup is a joke in a way, but on the other way it means Turkey has 2 sure spots in Challenge Cup. Unless they play the mini-tournament with the youth or B team, they won't have troubles to make it to Challenge Cup.

I'm not so sure about the Balkan Cup 2020 tbh, they may hand the Challenge Cup ticket straight to THY and cancel it or that might mean the ticket is invalid, i would honestly not be surprised under current circumstances. I hope it does continue though so we can see THY abroad.

• looks like THY is basically done.

Love this team tbh, we know Aslı is good but I hope she can push her friend Özge to play as they used to back in the days again <3 I'm not interested in Busra XD srry

TBH i expected from them to sign one foreigner MB (i still hope), they have very good locals, one strong foreigner MB could be amazing addition for this team. Both Ozge and Busra are not enough for top level IMO.

• I'm really curious how Eczacibasi will perform next season. I know I shouldn't judge before we've seen them play, but I don't have high hopes for them.

First of all I think appointing Mirkovic as their first setter is a big risk, especially since they haven't signed a good substitute. Maybe I'm prejudiced, but I would take Bongaerts any day above Mirkovic. I think she has bigger potential and I like her style of play a lot more.Despite this I think Mirkovic fits the playing style of Eczacibasi better than Bongaerts. I assume that the reception won't be great, so the setter have to play high balls. Mirkovic is used to this in NT and Bongaerts likes to play a fast game and lacks precisement at times. Hope Mirkovic will get a lot of confidence now a top level team as Eczacibasi has signed her. IMO she didn't do a bed job in Bergamo.

As I said already, I don't expect the best reception... Hande has become better, but should focus on herself and not cover someone else. Thompson still has to prove herself she can receive at international level. Don't get me wrong, I think Simge is a great libero, but she is much better at defense than reception. So I'm really curious how they will handle serve receive.

I'm sad Ogbogu signed with Eczacibasi, because of my points above. With bad reception she isn't going to be involved a lot. In this way she can't show her attack abilities.

Anyways, I'm excited to see if they can surprise me!^^

• TBH i expected from them to sign one foreigner MB (i still hope), they have very good locals, one strong foreigner MB could be amazing addition for this team. Both Ozge and Busra are not enough for top level IMO.

Ozge has been at least a good blocker but I have to agree. I wouldn't go with someone super big either, Ozge and Busra are not amazing but can contribute. An offensive underrated MB would be a good choice, USA probably has tons.

• Ozge has been at least a good blocker but I have to agree. I wouldn't go with someone super big either, Ozge and Busra are not amazing but can contribute. An offensive underrated MB would be a good choice, USA probably has tons.

Alhasan for example, probably she isn't to much expensive players.

• THY looked really promising, until they renewed contract with their terrible libero, Berrin. Looks like her parents have been bribing someone, can't find any other explanation. Melisa Memis or Dilara Bagci could be useful for THY as liberos. If they don't find a reasonable one, they can stop dreaming already, what a waste when you have Carlini, Ebrar and Asli.

• THY looked really promising, until they renewed contract with their terrible libero, Berrin. Looks like her parents have been bribing someone, can't find any other explanation. Melisa Memis or Dilara Bagci could be useful for THY as liberos. If they don't find a reasonable one, they can stop dreaming already, what a waste when you have Carlini, Ebrar and Asli.

Merve Dalbeler is in THY afaik, Berin will be L2.

btw imho i've seen worse liberos last season :rolll:

I am not happy with Berrin as well but I am not sure if Melisa Memiş and Dilara Bağcı would have been better, considering both of them give one year break. Although I had high hopes from Melisa, I have no clue how her shape will be next season.

I expect THY transfer a scorer MB as well. Their OH duo is not strong at offense, thus they need a good slide attacker to help scoring next to Aslı

• No Turkish team would hire a foreign libero even if they let 4th foreign player on court

I think some would have transferred foreign liberos. Indeed high quality liberos such as Castillo could have elevated the level of many top teams. Simge is one of the best active liberos right now and both Gizem Örge and Gizem Güreşen are good liberos but after these 3, there is a huge gap between the rest of the local liberos.