Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• https://www.voleybolunsesi.com/content.php?id=42857&topic=2

Can someone translate this article, because google translate are not enough for clear understanding, but are enough to intrigue me.

He says that, unlike other clubs, they made an error by not building a team with a smaller budget, they understood it later. He adds that they have a big debt and they will either have smaller budgets in sports like basketball or volleyball, or they will shut down those branches.

• https://www.voleybolunsesi.com/content.php?id=42857&topic=2

Can someone translate this article, because google translate are not enough for clear understanding, but enough to intrigue me.

I was just reading that.

Ali Koç, president of Fenerbahce let's it be known that FB is in a huge financial dilemma and that sponsors are backing away one after another, they may have signed names they can't pay in several branches. ''We made the mistake of not following other teams in building teams with smaller budgets''

I checked some other articles, he says FB is really in terrible state financially atm :( the best club in the history of Turkey, pls let this not be a downfall. :(

Edit: Meatballs said was quicker i see btw, he indeed says budgets will lower (maybe players have to accept lower salaries) and that some branches might close...

Corona drama just started its clear.

• I think the budget cut won't happen this season though, he probably meant "we are too late this season", but for upcoming seasons, things might shift radically.

I agree on you beri though I am deeply sorry, this is nothing new and related to Corona. FB has been in a big financial trouble for a while, amateur branches were lucky because sponsors were keeping them alive (mostly supported by Koc family if I am not wrong). It is a shame how sports clubs are managed in Turkey, while they should be making great profits.

• Thank you both, this is not good news at all, but we must to wait, this is also call for new sponsors. I do not accept the blackest scenario.

• I think the budget cut won't happen this season though, he probably meant "we are too late this season", but for upcoming seasons, things might shift radically.

I agree on you beri though I am deeply sorry, this is nothing new and related to Corona. FB has been in a big financial trouble for a while, amateur branches were lucky because sponsors were keeping them alive (mostly supported by Koc family if I am not wrong). It is a shame how sports clubs are managed in Turkey, while they should be making great profits.

it is definitely related to Corona though. How can you say it's not :rolll: ofc FB was in debt so they have struggle the most with its consequences as a fragile team. GS is not putting a dream team so far either. He literally said a big problem is the sponsors backing away now.

I saw that 'we are too late for this season' part as well, its my only hope, 1 season can change a lot. He said he will cut football players salaries as well btw, it seemed like on that he was referring to this season?

• Thank you both, this is not good news at all, but we must to wait, this is also call for new sponsors. I do not accept the blackest scenario.

Same FB has been the biggest club of TR historically, 1 year could change a lot if they manage it correctly. But ngl im a fan of them but FB hasn't been good with managing money. I think no one can deny that.

• Same FB has been the biggest club of TR historically, 1 year could change a lot if they manage it correctly. But ngl im a fan of them but FB hasn't been good with managing money. I think no one can deny that.

sorry but I think GS is the biggest club in turkey with more fans, is probably the biggest Turkish club worldwide too. Just wanted to correct it

• :rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll:

If we speak about fans, since 2017 ish thats probably true since FB is not doing well. Those average fans support whoever wins in the moment. They are definitely the biggest football club.

To me Galatasaray is mostly in Football though and idc about that personally, I don't see love and spirit for sports from their fans or management, only football and it's not dynamic as a team to me.

FB has success and support in all branches, hence the biggest sports club.

But this is ofc based on success and achievements in all branches, which GS can't touch

Losing GS would be a huge loss for Turkish football, losing FB would be a huge loss for Turkish sports, including volleyball.

• There's no news from Beylikdüzü, Beşiktaş or Karayolları. If one of them is not playing, then I dont mind Maritza joining to sultanlar ligi. I think it makes league interesting if they will play with good Bulgarian nt players as they did this season. However I'm not sure if this is practically possible. Turkish citizens need a visa to enter Bulgaria since it's EU country . Thus it might be tricky for every club to get a visa and of course increasing the cost as well

Belarus team did this before with Russian league right? I wish Azeri teams would have played in Turkey a few years ago 😍

• Nilüfer renewed with Helene Rousseaux. I believe Buse Ünal has a contract as well. So I guess they will look like

Buse Ünal-Atkinson-Maglio-?MB? - Rousseaux-?Oh?-Buse(L)

Very happy that Rousseaux stayed in Nilüfer! She was one of the best OHs in the league for sure. I was expecting Buse Ünal to sign one of the top clubs in the league (she could have been a good fit to Eczacıbaşı) but It would be good to play full time as starter in Nilüfer another season. Pity that They lost Hümay and Sabriye. Any comments on Maglio? I haven't watched her in Firenze last year, she wasn't a starter right? :teach:

• Maritza is the best team from Bulgaria, it won't be bad at all. And I agree they likely will replace a team that won't take part like Beylikdüzü.

I wouldn't mind teams like Olympiacos etc. from Gr or even Srb joining for the other 2 silent teams either indeed.