Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• Because for Boskovic it doesn't matter if their is one or two blockers in front of her but for Brankica is. It is easier to play with Maja she is waaay better setter than Naz.

Mihajlovic's performance is not due to Naz! Naz is making Busa shine whereas Mihajlovic is purely out of shape. She makes so many unforced errors. She is not as explosive as before. To me, it is very early to see effect of age. She is only 29, a lot of OHs reach their peak at that age.

• My God: I can't believe there are still people questioning Naz's talent.

Stop twisting our words to make drama. Literally noone is questioning her talent. She is great setter !!!

• I always considered a naz a good setter with precision and personality also veloxity but never saw her as many told me

It doesn't mean she wasn't a good one

Maybe because at that time.they were a lot of good setters

• Setting wise, I can say Maja is better than Naz. She just has that magic. She is so good at reading her opponents as evidenced by those dump balls and her hitters having single blockers. However, as an overall player, Naz is better because she has some intangibles. Naz is a better blocker (I consider her to be the best blocking setter), better server, and a better defender. Plus, Naz has good leadership skills. Sometimes, I feel like Maja just wants the spotlight to her self you know :lol:

• There was a yellow card given towards the end of the 3rd set? Why is that?

As far as I remember it was about delaying the game.

• I've been absent for months, and was catching up on volleyball the last week, so here are some of my thoughts on the league so far.

Vakifbank is smooth-sailing to another title. They have rested at least one player on almost all of the matches so far (sometimes due to circumstances beyond their choice), and still have only lost 1 set. Whenever it is needed, Haak just puts things in another gear, and in combination with all the other excellent players they have, makes them unbeatable even in theory (at least in Turkish league). For the first time since 2017, Rasic is being semi-consistently her old excellent self.

I've been reading this thread, and the transfer one, and most of you were optimistic about Vitra's chances, saying how it has an exciting group of youngsters full of potential and that they have a good MB roster for the first time in years (plus Thompson). I knew it was false hope, and that's because of the setters. Eczacibasi's setters are piss-poor, and it's becoming increasingly obvious (which should have been obvious from day 1, but I digress) that Boskovic is the only one who can terminate out-of-system balls on anything approaching consistency (Thompson and Ogbogu, great players that they undoubtedly are, are spoiled as far the quality of setting goes, and it shows).

Btw, to say "anything approaching consistency" for what Tijana has been doing this year is the level of understatement that is downright criminal. I've checked, and of 8 matches she played, only in one of them was her % of attack below 55. ONE. And she scored 20+ points in all 8 of those matches, so it's not like those % are so high because of low-usage. That is I-N-S-A-N-E. What more can you ask of your Opp? And then some smooth brain like losta will come along, and claim that it was Boskovic's fault that Eczacibasi has not won more title since 2016...:roll:

Brankica is A-T-R-O-C-I-O-U-S. Nuff said.

On other hand, Melissa is on fire. It would seem that the poorer Brankica is, the better Melissa gets. Like she is drawing on her teammate's life-force.:PDo you see now how brilliant it was to pick Melissa as Brankica's long-term substitutition in NT?

Rykhliuk has been one of the best scorers in Turkish league for years now, but she has never gotten her fair share of recognition and acclaim To play this good when you are in your mid-30s...well done!:thumbup:Maybe with Kosheleva's arrival, Gala can finally go places (not title obviously, but maybe a semifinal or even final?).

• i don’t follow a lot of the leagues but i watched a little bit of the last matches this weekend. rikhlyuk is a surprise to me because she doesn’t really hit that hard and she is a bit slow. but as sheilla demonstrated, you don’t need to be añ iron hammer to get kills. hitting smart and hitting those sharp angles will get the job done.

• Amazing breakdown! I have been saying thing about the setters but people think the setters are fine just because Bosko is Bosko. If you have a middle and an OHs the quality of ogbogu, baladin, and Thompson and none of them look comfortable attacking... this is an issue. If they keep the same team but change setters next season, then I’ll get excited about this team.

• Amazing breakdown! I have been saying thing about the setters but people think the setters are fine just because Bosko is Bosko. If you have a middle and an OHs the quality of ogbogu, baladin, and Thompson and none of them look comfortable attacking... this is an issue. If they keep the same team but change setters next season, then I’ll get excited about this team.

this team is just begging for a setter like Carlini. Great sets behind to Bosko and fast sets to the outside.

Elif is fine. She's young. Mirkovic just isn't good or rather to the level that Ecza needs.

• this team is just begging for a setter like Carlini. Great sets behind to Bosko and fast sets to the outside.

Elif is fine. She's young. Mirkovic just isn't good or rather to the level that Ecza needs.

I disagree. Elif is not fine. She’s young yes but she cannot set on the run or if the ball is off. She’s lucky she has Bosko. How was she last season, I’m curious