Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• The thing I like about Haak is that she doesn't let a bad set get to her. She performed poorly (to her standards) in the first two sets yesterday but quickly picked up in the 3rd set. It happened quite several times before too and I think that what makes her dangerous, whereas some players if they don't play well they just call it a day and cannot recover from it for that match. I think the amount of dislike (I won't say hate) she gets is because she got into Vakif when she was fairly young with an expensive salary AND replaced (Vakif fans' beloved) Ebrar. So people that watch her with a predisposed dislike will tend to find things to nitpick about her performance. To me she's currently the 3rd best OPP playing in Europe. She's currently in better shape than Vargas for sure and being behind Bosko and Egonu is already a feat in itself for someone her age. Ebrar is like a slower, more inconsistent and error-prone version of Vargas. She has potential, but her athleticism is nowhere to be found. She looks slow all the time and I hope she works on it because it would be such a waste of her potential.

One last word, Koshe's defence in last night match was such a joy to watch. Gotta love her and her spirit. Go Koshe :box:

• I want annie drews to play in europe next season. I want to see how she perform with European's opposite. I know she already played before in italy/turkey but she improved alot past years.

I think she is fit with a team like novara/conegliano and even vakifbank if they want to let go haak 😜

When Boskovic leaves Eczaci for Monza, I hope they get Drews and Wolosz. That would be a dream connection.

• And Annie drews is not even close to Haak. Drew's has done nothing but succeed in Japan and that's not a metric for your performance in Europe. Unless of course you consider the VNL high-level competition.

She wasn't bad while she was playing in Beylikdüzü indeed but playing in a mid-level team and top team is very different

• I don't remember where I saw it but im pretty sure that Drews (or someone else) had said she didn't enjoy playing in Italy and wouldn't go back (similar to Plummer)

I'd love to see her back in Turkey. The Bey trio of Drews, Hunter, and Lee :heart:

Do you where Hunter plays nowadays? She was pretty good in Beylikdüzü

• If Zhu is back next season, the problem of Haak with OOS balls will no longer be a big issue to Vakif, as most OOS balls will be set to Zhu anyway:gone:

In fact Zhu should already be with Vakif now, if there was no COVID...

I read somewhere that Zhu Ting will stay in China after the Olympics. Is she going to attend the university of Peking?

• Since I don't want to post only negative things, I forgot to mention about Koshe! What's up with her?! Did she drink from the Fountain of Youth (and from the Fountain of Defence Skills)? Can she tip Brankica as to it's location?:drink::lol:

I've loved Zehra since 2018, and she again showed her brilliance last night. Staking a claim as Eda's successor?

• Sorry to disappoint 'Boskovic to Monza' lovers but she won't leave Eczacıbaşı in near future IMO.

I would say the same about Wołosz. I heard her interview with Andrzej Wrona (her friend and also volleyball player) and she is happy in Conegliano, she doesn’t want to change anything. So I assume that we will see her in Serie A in the future 1-2 seasons as well. But being honest, I’m praying to see her and Boskovic in the same team one day.. The Slavic duo :super::obey:

• I think that Stysiak may play in turkish league soon, in one interview with Guidetti she was praised a lot by him and he said that he would like to have her in his team.

She will be great adition to this league.

• Gabi was the one supposed to leave at the end of last season, in order to have Zhu Ting back. MBH may leave in the future instead of her, but that was the scenario before the OGs were cancelled and Zhu Ting had to stay in China one more season. I heard Gabi was approached by Eczacibasi.

• Zhu and Bartsch duo is big NO. Yes they are not bad recivers but they are not great ones for high level game. Both of them needs to have one great reciver next to them. And it looks like Zhu is not coming back any soon.

To bad, because her performance in last 2 season is unkown for WorldWide fans.

• Gabi was the one supposed to leave at the end of last season, in order to have Zhu Ting back. MBH may leave in the future instead of her, but that was the scenario before the OGs were cancelled and Zhu Ting had to stay in China one more season. I heard Gabi was approached by Eczacibasi.

still waiting for the day for Gabi & Zhu Ting to play on the same team 😔 having Gabi can unleash Haak & Zhu in full beast mode

• still waiting for the day for Gabi & Zhu Ting to play on the same team 😔 having Gabi can unleash Haak & Zhu in full beast mode

And what you get from that ?

Gabi becoming new Lucia Bosetti :what: