Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• in an interview Terzic confirmed his renewal for 3 years with Fenerbahce

That they wanted Boskovic but she rejected cause she's staying in Vitra

That gizem.orge is confirmed for next year

• And there is the whole interview

Only one conversation with the first man of Fenerbahce, Ali Koc, brought an agreement, so Terzic will remain at the helm of the "yellow-blacks", with the desire to win trophies, which have been waiting in the club windows for several seasons.

I signed a contract until the end of the 2023/24 season, and we will find out will be my most successful and most valuable when it expires. Trophies are something that counts, not money, which I will earn.

My third season is underway and I admit that I also miss trophies, although in general we are all satisfied with the cooperation. In order for the results to be a little better, some things related to the appearance of the team are missing, but also somewhat better quality medical care for girls.

Some media have already speculated about the composition of Fenerbahce for the next season, so Paola Egonu, Zehra Gunes, a new receiver, another libero are being brought in…?

First, I received huge support from the first man of the club and I can freely say that money is not a problem. Whether we will spend a record amount in the transfer period, whether it will be perhaps the biggest budget in the history of the club, also depends on who will want to come to Fenerbahce. As for Paola Egonu, she received an offer, we are waiting for her answer. We also had a conversation with Zehra Gunes, it would mean a lot to us in the position of middle blocker. For now, the only thing that is true is that the experienced libero Gizem Orge from Vakifbank is coming.

Were there any attempts to bring Tijana Boskovic?

Yes, unfortunately, she rejected our offer, she stays in Eczacibasi. Tijana was, logically, my first wish. I'm sorry about that, but it's a job, life goes on. "

What are Fenerbahce's goals until the end of the season, can you get involved in the fight for a trophy?

This is the third season in which I am at Fenerbahce and I said just above that I miss the trophies. We will do everything to reach them. We had a lot of problems with the width of the roster, if one player is not in the machine, a huge problem is created, because we do not have a real replacement. It seems to me that we are in a very good position, with only two defeats, in second place. "

How much does the arrival of American Kelsey Robinson mean to you?

She will be able to play in the second part of the championship, from January 23 and the derby with Galatasaray. It will mean a lot to us, we already know what kind of player she is, what kind of person she is, because she brought us quality and energy.

One of the first people who congratulated you on signing the new three-year contract was the selector of Serbian basketball players, but also the coach of Fenerbahce, Igor Kokoškov?

Yes, I was at the Euroleague match between Fenerbahce and Basconia and I met Igor, who is a very nice person, He left an extremely positive impression on me. There won't be much time to hang out, but I'm glad he's here and we'll try to see each other a little more often, "Terzic added.

• Thank you for this

• As much as people on this forum try to belittle Terzic successes, because he is not the most likable character, one thing is for sure, he is highly valued and respected in volleyball circles, instills confidence on both sides, 18 years to be a national team coach, and now 6 years in the club as the Fenerbahce is, the more they say. I'm sure the trophies will arrive soon. You may not like the style of play he nurtures, but it’s completely pointless to say that he is useless, it’s so untrue, but well, time will tell, now we know he’ll have it.

• I must to admit that this generation rest in my mind as good one, 50% because there were few really promising player, 50% because of that Serbia beat them without bigger problems in EuroVolley semi's (after lose on Balkan champ.). That was generation lead by Lazovic, who in that time was one of the most promising OH among that generation. But look at this players nowadays, how much working with amazing coaches and playtime in strong league can have an impact to the players development. Serbian players can not boast of that, the league according to the list of players is developmental, but the expectations of the management are inconsistent with that, which creates great frustration among the players. The strength of the national team and the results they achieve make it even more difficult for these players to break through to where they belong, almost always this process takes a few years longer compared to players from the countries with stronger leagues. (Italy, Turkey, Poland, Germany). As an example, here is Lazovic, who was, let's say, at least on the same level as Herbots, Orthman and Pietrini, at the time, which I would single out from that generation (Euro OH only). Now, those players are "incomparably" more recognizable and valuable than Lazovic. OTOH situation with Lazović isn't that bad, the biggest failure was experienced by Kocic, who was without a doubt the best blocker of that generation, and was very good in the attack as well. Today, she can't even be compared to Zehra Gunes, who is truly nowadays for the class above. Andjela Veselinovic definitely deserves a mention, also at that time among the best setters of that generation, today probably still totally unknown, I hope that she will finally be included in the actions of the national team. The point of this whole marathon comment was not to deviate from the topic, I used it a bit to mention some Serbian players, but in the first place as a great compliment to Turkish clubs, federation for excellent work with younger categories, I believe and think that soon the results at the senior level to be in line with the investment, not only money, but also effort, work and the right decisions.

Pietrini is from 2000 generation.

1998-99 generation has many good MB prospects but not much OHs. As you mentioned, Lazovic, Herbots and Orthmann were the only promising ones. Indeed both Herbots and Orthmann were playing as Opp in U18 and U19 tournaments. Since Serbia didnt have a good Opp from this generation, Lazovic was the leading scorer of the team and her reception looked good at that age. Unfortunately she didn't meet the high expectations from her so far. Same could be said for Kocic, Kotokova and Lazarenko. All these 3 were phenomenal at that time. They were considered as better than Zehra Güneş and Yasemin Guveli. However, these two surpassed other three thanks to good coaching and playing at high level at early age. Same situation with Saliha Şahin and Tuğba Senoglu. These two play better than Lazovic right now. Indeed Lazovic went abroad at an early age so it wasn't like she was wasted in Serbian league for a long time.

By the way, Russian team from this generation dominated every tournament they have played. It is a pity that none of these players (maybe except Lazarenko) stands out nowadays

• As much as people on this forum try to belittle Terzic successes, because he is not the most likable character, one thing is for sure, he is highly valued and respected in volleyball circles, instills confidence on both sides, 18 years to be a national team coach, and now 6 years in the club as the Fenerbahce is, the more they say. I'm sure the trophies will arrive soon. You may not like the style of play he nurtures, but it’s completely pointless to say that he is useless, it’s so untrue, but well, time will tell, now we know he’ll have it.

We have a saying in Turkish, it is something like: "what you have done in the past ensures what you are capable of in the future" with all respect to Terzic's decorated NT career, he hasn't shown anything in last 3 years in FB. That's why I'm puzzled with this 3-years extension and I don't think he is the right trainer to guide prospective star-studded roster. We will see next year if I'll be wrong

• We have a saying in Turkish, it is something like: "what you have done in the past ensures what you are capable of in the future" with all respect to Terzic's decorated NT career, he hasn't shown anything in last 3 years in FB. That's why I'm puzzled with this 3-years extension and I don't think he is the right trainer to guide prospective star-studded roster. We will see next year if I'll be wrong

Who in your opinion should replace Terzic?

• Pietrini is from 2000 generation.

1998-99 generation has many good MB prospects but not much OHs. As you mentioned, Lazovic, Herbots and Orthmann were the only promising ones. Indeed both Herbots and Orthmann were playing as Opp in U18 and U19 tournaments. Since Serbia didnt have a good Opp from this generation, Lazovic was the leading scorer of the team and her reception looked good at that age. Unfortunately she didn't meet the high expectations from her so far. Same could be said for Kocic, Kotokova and Lazarenko. All these 3 were phenomenal at that time. They were considered as better than Zehra Güneş and Yasemin Guveli. However, these two surpassed other three thanks to good coaching and playing at high level at early age. Same situation with Saliha Şahin and Tuğba Senoglu. These two play better than Lazovic right now. Indeed Lazovic went abroad at an early age so it wasn't like she was wasted in Serbian league for a long time.

By the way, Russian team from this generation dominated every tournament they have played. It is a pity that none of these players (maybe except Lazarenko) stands out nowadays

Sahin and Senoglu better than Lazovic? :what: I'm not following her this season, but she was great in 2019. Sahin is an interesting defensive OH.

Russian girls dominated because they had decent, interesting players in each position, but not an outstanding attacker like Egonu, Herbots or Orthmann (these last two mostly played alone). Nowadays, only Lazarenko, Kotova and Smirnova are having a great season in Russian League, the rest isn't NT material. Balyko was also a good prospect, she even won the best setter award in EC, but she preferred to go to study to USA and now her level is bad. What a waste of talent! (now that Russia needs a setter).

If you look at the MBs of 1998-99 generation, Gunes is the only one who is part of the top. Others MB like Guveli, Lazarenko, Kocic, Chineses MB, Brazilians MB, Botezat, etc doesn't have that level yet, but don't worry, they are just 22 y.o.:drink:

• We have a saying in Turkish, it is something like: "what you have done in the past ensures what you are capable of in the future" with all respect to Terzic's decorated NT career, he hasn't shown anything in last 3 years in FB. That's why I'm puzzled with this 3-years extension and I don't think he is the right trainer to guide prospective star-studded roster. We will see next year if I'll be wrong

What 3 years, just one season among that 3 years is over, and even in that first 2018/19 season, truly without title, but with cup final, which IMO was suprise, have in mind players of the 3 powerhouses, Fener was obviously the weakest, but manage to win Vakif in semi's (Cup), and in general wasn't that desperate. Last season untill the injuries wasn't that bad also, they beat Vakif easily 3-0, truly Vakif was still in "making", and then, that injuries of two main pins, have left a bitter taste. But that wasn't Terzic fault, probably no one is directly to blame, as he said better medical care for players is his wish. This year isn't over also, IMO Fenerbahce isn't without chances, but as you said we will see.

I turn out to be Terzic's biggest fan, far from it, I was just as skeptical in the past as you, he convinced us all, and many years of following the national team, brought not only a lot of medals and joy, but also getting acquainted with all Terzic's skills. All the players, even those with whom, according to the media, he had an argument, they would testify to that.

• Who in your opinion should replace Terzic?

Maybe Abondanza