Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• TRANSLATION OF GUIDETTI'S INTERVIEW (I was already listening to it, roughly translated but pretty much these are the important things he said)

Fener has an agreement with Egonu?

I am no manager but from the rumors I know it might be. They are already a strong team and they just signed Robinson. They have a very well-built team. Their president is a good invester.

With Robinson can Fener challenge Imoco in the next CL round?

Fener is a very tough team, it’s the team I fear the most here in Turkey. They’re a very physical team with Mihajlovic and Vargas, they are tall and very good blockers. Maybe their weak point was reception because Busa is good but not spectacular. With Robinson however things will get better because she is a top receiver.

Everyone expect Vakif – Imoco in finals, what do you think?

I think it is very difficult, Imoco is very strong. We are also very sorry for las year CL because everything shut down while we were playing a very good volleyball and were it good shape. We want to play against all good teams, we have to pay attention also to Ecza, Fener, Scandicci, Novara and also Russian teams. W still remember the Golden Set against Novara sp we really want a final.

Where lies Vakif’s power?

I think continuity. We also were lucky but they trusted me even in failures and (ex: they failed playoffs against 8th in the league some years ago). We changed many managements but I pretty much worked with the same people, I think it is very useful. I try to change as less player as I can. I try to bring in player that I know can play with our mentality (ie: sacrifice for the team and not wanting to shine alone).

Do you want to come back to Italy after 12 years?

I do love Vakif, it’s my second family. We built everything on the road and I will be very sad to leave it one day, but it will happen because I don’t think I will train VB for the next 30 years, I am no Karpol. I miss Italy so much though, for family and friends. I think Italian league is the best in the world bcs everyone con win against everyone and even “weak” teams can play quality volley. In turkey you got 3 top teams (VB, Ecv, Fener), 2 very good ones (Gala, THY), but the last teams in rank show very poor volley. Italy knows volley and has a very good technical level. Here I prepare in a detailed way 10 matches out of 30, if I was in Italy I would have to prepare 30/30.

Bahar would come with you, she would be on the market?

Yes, definitely. Her Italian passport arrived after 5 years, but for now she is stayin Fb. Alison (daughter, 4 and a half) loves Modena and tortellini and she would be ready to come.

Head coach of Turkey NT and this year we have Olympics, what do you think?

This season of NT will be nonsense: after a very difficult league they will be again in the gym for VNL (bubble probably) and right after will be the Olympics and after Olympics there will be EuroVolley. I unfortunately think that we will see more injuries: until FIVB, EuroVolley, and all the commissions will not work together, the players will always be the ones in trouble.

I think medals will be decided between USA, China, Italy and Serbia, so our olympic pool will be very difficult. If we could do an extraordinary journey and win Argentina, Russia and do a miracle against China, Usa and Italy, I think everything could happen. I dream an Olympic like Rio 2016 with Netherlands.

Italy can do it (OG gold)?

Surely, nobody has Egonu. I respect very much players like Zhu Ting, Bella Haak, Boskovic, but nobody can do what Egonu does at times.

So Italy will build a team around Egonu, China is already at work and can go for it, Usa is good but not quite at the level, Serbia has the best setter in the world ( Wolosz is amazing and so fast but Ognjenovic has the ability to make feints and leave players with no block like setters in the old days, which is uncommon now. She also is able to set MBs like no one else).

• And the Oscar goes to...

• I'm just wondering, are these just your free estimates, or is there some reliable information that the contract was that much, and that it is now signed for the same amount?

your comment purely relies on assumption about her salary. You assumed that she gets exact same salary after 3 years without any official indication. Believe me no one is that naive😏 even if Boskovic is, she has agent to get her best financial contract.

That's why, it is crazy to believe she would accept same/similar salary she was making 3 years ago. Especially considering the fact that FB was officially trying to sign her with a 'money is not a problem' attitude.

All in all, Boskovic is probably one of the highest paid players right now, if not the highest

You're right, I'm just assuming. Hey, I'm the first to hope that I'm talking out of my ass and that it's not truth!:lol:

• It looks like Can belediye accepted the fact that they will relegate and their players are leaving one by one

• Guidetti dissed Busa😂 i disagree with him. Robinson might be the better receiver in general but in this specific 2-player receiving system, Busa is more useful than Robinson

He also puts Egonu over Boskovic every time in his interviews. Probably because he could win against teams with Boskovic but not the teams with Egonu:cheesy:

• Guidetti dissed Busa😂 i disagree with him. Robinson might be the better receiver in general but in this specific 2-player receiving system, Busa is more useful than Robinson

He also puts Egonu over Boskovic every time in his interviews. Probably because he could win against teams with Boskovic but not the teams with Egonu:cheesy:

I honestly thinks it's because he is salty that she basically cost him 2 European golds (or at least 1 gold and 1 silver). I don't think Italy with Egonu directly prevented him from winning medals in any of the 4 biggest competitions...

• Because Guidetti knows Egonu>Boskovic right now :whistle:

When She is in the beast mode She is on her OWN level.

• Disappointing...

Edit: They have only 8 players available.

i doubt that foreigners will stay indeed:down: we don't need another BJK or Beylikdüzü:mad: very bad for the image of the league

• Egonu won with Novara CL and Conegliano WC against Guidetti.

• I honestly thinks it's because he is salty that she basically cost him 2 European golds (or at least 1 gold and 1 silver). I don't think Italy with Egonu directly prevented him from winning medals in any of the 4 biggest competitions...

No he was probably referring the CL semis 2019 when Egonu has beaten Vakifbank singlehandedly in 3sets (with 30 points) on the other hand gui won against Eczacıbasi with boskovic almost every match that matters. That's why I can understand his reasoning

Don't take me wrong, i don't want to contribute to who-is-best discussion. It is just to explain his reasoning. To me, they both are on top with Haak coming right behind them

• Because Guidetti knows Egonu>Boskovic right now :whistle:

When She is in the beast mode She is on her OWN level.

Also he knows that Maja is the best setter in the world 😉.

How meaningless these comparisons have become, but I am never bored to point out hypocrisy.

• i doubt that foreigners will stay indeed:down: we don't need another BJK or Beylikdüzü:mad: very bad for the image of the league

this has to affect how things go next season? In my opinion the bottom 5 of the league can go. It doesn’t make sense to have these low level team in Division 1, especially if they can’t pay their players. Plus 16 is a little much. I would like to see maybe 12/13 teams that are of higher level in Division 1, next season.

• No he was probably referring the CL semis 2019 when Egonu has beaten Vakifbank singlehandedly in 3sets (with 30 points) on the other hand gui won against Eczacıbasi with boskovic almost every match that matters. That's why I can understand his reasoning

Also WCCH 2019 semi's and 5th set.

I mean it is logical to hurt him more, the defeats of Vakif, because after all Turkey NT is weaker than Serbian NT (no offense, that is the clear fact), and those defeats in 2017,2019 were certain, of course with an obvious chance, which always exists, but OTOH Vakif is the one who dictates things in club volleyball. I also understand his reasoning.

• this has to affect how things go next season? In my opinion the bottom 5 of the league can go. It doesn’t make sense to have these low level team in Division 1, especially if they can’t pay their players. Plus 16 is a little much. I would like to see maybe 12/13 teams that are of higher level in Division 1, next season.

Its already decided, bottom 4 will be relegated and 2 teams from TVF 1.lig(division 2) will be promoted to Sultans League. Sultans League is planned to play with 14 teams next season.

• No he was probably referring the CL semis 2019 when Egonu has beaten Vakifbank singlehandedly in 3sets (with 30 points) on the other hand gui won against Eczacıbasi with boskovic almost every match that matters. That's why I can understand his reasoning

Don't take me wrong, i don't want to contribute to who-is-best discussion. It is just to explain his reasoning. To me, they both are on top with Haak coming right behind them

Why He thinks that Egonu is better because He doesn’t know how to stop her. She scores over the block it is hard to find right defense against her... Strange arm swing too.

At semi finals in 5th set He just couldn’t find the way how to block her, everytime when She scored both Rasic and Zehra were looking at Guidetti.

In the last match against Scandicci, She was easily scoring in 2M, Bosetti and libero of Scandicci couldn’t believe what She is doing.

I mean hard words “I respeact Zhu, Boskovic and Haak” Huge names but He putted her over them easily.