Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• I could have, but I didn't want to ;)

very nice recovery :S

• All jokes aside, it IS both important and very much relevant to include them when you are discussing the 2 player's NT repertoire, both in terms of accomplishments, and in terms of direct rivalry.

• Egonu only really played in 2018 WCh though, in 2016 she was 16/17 so I don't think anyone really expected results from her

whereas Boskovic played in 2015, 16, 18. (and also 2014, but again, she was 17)

Boskovic was pretty young in Rio also (just 19) and a silver medallist which is quite impressive. Besides, she's is 23 right now and already a world champion and two-times an european champion. Egonu is 22.

I'm not saying she cannot win the same things with Italy. What I wanted to express is that Guidetti said Egonu can do what Boskovic, Zhu Ting cannot in a context about Italy winning the Olympic Games. However, reality in the national team season is being different until now.

Boskovic was silver at the Olympics (2016), gold in Europe (2017), gold at the World Championship (2018), gold again in Europe (2019) while Italy was always behind them.

• Is there an end to this meaningless eternal "debate" who is better Egonu or Boskovic, it has long been less and less related to volleyball in general, there are more interpretations and manipulations of data, let alone the Turkish league, so here's a suggestion, have in mind that it is obvious that this topic occupy various topics for a long time, why that would not be a separate topic.

• You're right, of course. We should drop it. Let's move on.:)

• All jokes aside, it IS both important and very much relevant to include them when you are discussing the 2 player's NT repertoire, both in terms of accomplishments, and in terms of direct rivalry.

Boskovic for sure has the better record in ECh, but what I wanted to express in my original comment is that although Egonu was showing signs of maturity in 2017, she really matured in 2018 during the WCh and developed into the player she is and it's about how long they've played, not who won what.

My personal opinion is that Boskovic has been playing at a high level on the NT since 2015 even though she is still improving. For Egonu that's 2018 onwards.

So I think comparing "consistency" between Boskovic who's been playing at a high level since 2015 (with six major events: 2015 WC, 2015 ECh, 2016 OG, 2017 ECh, 2018 WCh, 2019 ECh) and Egonu who has played two major events (2018 WCh and 2019 ECh) is kind of pointless. You can talk about the consistency of Boskovic's performance, but for Egonu there's only been two events, so....

• Another interview with Guidetti. He sounds very mature and his answers to questions sound smart. It is hard to believe that same guy could behave like a nasty child at times. Every time I watch one of his interviews, my respect towards him increases

I won't be able to pull an Arii translation but some points I remember from the interview:

She thinks many of Turkish players can be be good coaches. She gave Naz as an example. He thinks she has a great memory and very good understanding of the game. He thinks bahar wouldn't be a good coach though. He says it is a pity that many players just want to have as many kids possible after retiring from volleyball

He believes Olympic Games will definitely happen this summer. He says we won't have any pressure since we are not one of the favourites. He is hoping that we might make a surprise by winning against either USA or China. He didn't even mention a chance to win against Italy😂

He also says many young trainers want to come to his trainings as interns but none of the young Turkish coaches asked this. Now he has a young Korean coach watching his trainings for 5 months

He thinks he took a big risk by signing with Glinka when they win CL

• Some people in Italy noticed how Guidetti did say that 16 teams in Sultanlar Ligi are too much but he actually praised the overall growing quality of the league. He said that Karayollari was his MVP team since they are doing well with a low budget. (it's from around minute 21:00).

The man is like Two-Face of Batman :S

• Eda wont play I guess??

Don't know I haven't been keeping up with v-ball lately but I guess not?

Speaking of setters, anyone knows if Gamze Alikaya will make a comeback anytime soon? I know that she was already losing her form the years prior but I think some teams could really use her next season.

• Don't know I haven't been keeping up with v-ball lately but I guess not?

Speaking of setters, anyone knows if Gamze Alikaya will make a comeback anytime soon? I know that she was already losing her form the years prior but I think some teams could really use her next season.

I dont know really but I am hoping she will come back. As you said maybe she isnt the best setter but she could be very useful for many teams. I also hope Ezgi Dilik will continue playing but in a better physical shape.