Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• Maja didn't perform well, I hope she would show her real performance during the rest of series.

hmm ... she seemed very relaxed and pro to me, but I know you can see things I can't. I enjoyed her performance

• Maja didn't perform well, I hope she would show her real performance during the rest of series.

Gabi did a good comeback at the end!

I noticed Maja’s set to the pos 4 were a bit unstable, quite often a bit too low or too close to the net, and it happened not only in this match, but in quite a few matches I watched them this season. Maybe she goes for quick sets to the pin a little too much sometimes?

• Yes! And today the latter was better.

I hope Vakifbank wins in three. But I don't think they can beat Imoco.

Vakif can play with all 5 foreigners in CL, especially with Rasic in the middle, she can contribute much more in both attack and block than Kubra, so I still think they have chance. But they must stabilize the reception, if their reception is like the 2nd & 3rd sets today, they’ll have no chance against Imoco. I’m just not convinced by Ayca to be the libero of a team aiming to the world’s best.

• Me too! I mean for not being a libero she played really really well i think , very nice defence and even though the reception sometimes was a bit to close to the net enforcing Naz to make mistake, was good. Overall im impressed:win:

• Well, have you watched sweden NT with Haak? They didn't look like favourite even in silver European league:whistle:

I think it is a pity that top players can't compete at highest level of competition like OG, WCh etc. That's why I was hoping that Haak would join to the French NT and play in Paris OG, pity that it didn't happen

Is Sweden NT a "decent" NT for you?

Apologize for this world decent. I meant to say a good level.

• Final | Game 1
    Fenerbahçe Opet 2:3 VakifBank (16:25, 25:22, 25:18, 18:25, 10:15)

Isabelle Haak 23 pts

Melissa Vargas 23 pts

Kelsey Robinson 17 pts

Michelle Bartsch 14 pts

Eda Erdem 12 pts

Gabriela Guimarães 11 pts

• I was just thinking this. The Turkish league should really think about changing their foreigner rules if they want to truly be competitive top to bottom.

it wouldn't be competitive at all with the full Vakif line-up on the court:)

• Interesting to see that Vakifbank won the match and had an easy set (4th set) with Gabi and the Turkish setter (also with MBH during most of the time) at the same time.

It's Cansu for God's sake:) Don't you get tired of typing "the Turkish setter" every single time ahahajhkhk

• Cetin received 64 balls today :what: and made only 2 mistakes, I'm impressed with her performance.

Really, she looked so sloppy to me in the first set and thank God she gained more confidence in due course. Can't wait for the Gizem upgrade next season for Fener. I honestly thought she had gotten rusty and this was the reason that Gio didn't play her. Well, it turns out not to be true.

• If only Fener had managed to fill in its second MB spot with someone like Kubra, let alone Zehra or Rasic, it would be miles ahead of its current self. I realized once again how much I hate the intermittency of good performance by Brankica, she flopped worse than KYK did during her time in Eczaci, price/performance-wise. I remember the excitement when Fener signed Naz, Brankica, Kelsey and Aylin at the same time, adding to the powerful Eda-Vargas trio. With Zhu's departure, many thought Fener was back to take the crown from Vakif. It feels so frustrating to see the team has never lived up to that expectation. Today they at least tried and kept their resolve for the most part. But Naz and Brankica are well past their prime. and the second MB&libero nightmare is there for ages. Things probably go easier and easier as Gio would not repeat his mistakes whereas Terzic is a grumpy old man who doesn't seem to improve.

• If only Fener had managed to fill in its second MB spot with someone like Kubra, let alone Zehra or Rasic, it would be miles ahead of its current self. I realized once again how much I hate the intermittency of good performance by Brankica, she flopped worse than KYK did during her time in Eczaci, price/performance-wise. I remember the excitement when Fener signed Naz, Brankica, Kelsey and Aylin at the same time, adding to the powerful Eda-Vargas trio. With Zhu's departure, many thought Fener was back to take the crown from Vakif. It feels so frustrating to see the team has never lived up to that expectation. Today they at least tried and kept their resolve for the most part. But Naz and Brankica are well past their prime. and the second MB&libero nightmare is there for ages. Things probably go easier and easier as Gio would not repeat his mistakes whereas Terzic is a grumpy old man who doesn't seem to improve.

Will Vargas count as a foreign player next season? Or could they get an foreign middle?

• It's Cansu for God's sake:) Don't you get tired of typing "the Turkish setter" every single time ahahajhkhk

It is an easy name to spell, not like Pleśnierowicz or Rykhliuk :lol:

• It's Cansu for God's sake:) Don't you get tired of typing "the Turkish setter" every single time ahahajhkhk

No, I don't, but thanks for asking and caring :)

• Will Vargas count as a foreign player next season? Or could they get an foreign middle?

IMO Vargas should be counted as local player in this final series already. How can a player still be treated as foreigner after the country president handed the NT jersey with her name to her in an official press conference :cheesy:

• Cetin received 64 balls today :what: and made only 2 mistakes, I'm impressed with her performance.

Indeed, she deserves a lot of credits for her surprising performance. When she played in GS where she was starting OH occasionally, she didn’t have such steady reception. She now not only received much better than the original liberos, she also had many good digs, and that was a match against the one of the teams with the hardest serves and attacks.