Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but:

Is it true that some of the Fener players who played the 2nd match against Vakif are now Covid positive? Meaning they are very likely to already have been infected at that time. Wasn't it highly irresponsible to play that second match at all?

you are right. TVF shouldn’t have let Fenerbahce play because it was obvious there were players who were already infected but tested negative. Virus would have found its way to Vakif somehow since Gui and Bahar are married but still, TVF should have been more responsible and precautious . If there is someone to blame, it is TVF.

• you are right. TVF shouldn’t have let Fenerbahce play because it was obvious there were players who were already infected but tested negative. Virus would have found its way to Vakif somehow since Gui and Bahar are married but still, TVF should have been more responsible and precautious . If there is someone to blame, it is TVF.

I disagree, as I said TVF cant force teams to not play. Fans are already going mad and blaming TVF for postponing this match and saying Vakıf owns TVF. Imagine what they would do if TVF didnt let Fener play in second match. It was Fener's decision, they hould have been more responsible and precautious and decide not to play.

• IMO players of both teams should have at least wear face masks to protect themselves when playing the previous match, as they should be aware that it was highly possible that there were potentially infected players in the court. They were at high risks to infect the players not only at their side, but also across the net.

• Fans are insane.

So, has the match been postponed?! Or canceled? It's not clear to me. Quarantine lasts for 10-15 days and the CL final is on May 1st.

• Has Vakifbak already had positive cases? I mean, not know, but in the past months - weeks?

• yes, both team had covid before but not known if all team members had it. Guidetti said he had it in an interview if I am not mistaken so this is his second time.

Thanks for the info! Also thanks to Brtkk. Beyond the negligence from all the sides, I really hope nobody will develop serious symptons, especially, any vulnerable people in both teams staff.

Second, I do hope this incident wont affect the CL super finals, which will be held in just 2 weeks.

• I disagree, as I said TVF cant force teams to not play. Fans are already going mad and blaming TVF for postponing this match and saying Vakıf owns TVF. Imagine what they would do if TVF didnt let Fener play in second match. It was Fener's decision, they hould have been more responsible and precautious and decide not to play.

forget the fans. There is noway you satisfy those people. I am talking about having rules where it protect players and teams. It was obvious in case of covid, others would have been infected because they are playing in every 3 days and it doesn’t give time space to have trustable test results. They would have even had bubble system just for finals.

• IMO players of both teams should have at least wear face masks to protect themselves when playing the previous match, as they should be aware that it was highly possible that there were potentially infected players in the court. They were at high risks to infect the players not only at their side, but also across the net.

Wearing masks during sports won't work, it was simply ridiculous in Athletes Unlimited league. Players will pull them down all the time in between rallies in order to breathe better, so masks won't be a serious protection during a volleyball game unfortunately.

• I still find it ridiculous when teams change sides during the days of corona.:what:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• They stopped doing that here (USA) so it always throws me off when I see the Euro teams do it :lol: (especially with no sanitization or anything)

well, here in Turkey they are sanitizing the seats between chances but there is no way it is being done properly. It takes longer for me even when I have to sanitize two pieces of grocery at home lol

• I still find it ridiculous when teams change sides during the days of corona.:what:

I think it doesn't change much. Biggest risk comes from aerosoles, not from surfaces. Sure, not changing the sides might reduce the infection risk a little, but I think if infections happen during the matches they're not caused by changing sides...

• Wearing masks during sports won't work, it was simply ridiculous in Athletes Unlimited league. Players will pull them down all the time in between rallies in order to breathe better, so masks won't be a serious protection during a volleyball game unfortunately.

There are several masks that do work. Lucão, Mauricio Borges and other players in Brazilian league never take them off and the masks never fall down. It's better than nothing, you just have to know how to use a good appropriate mask, but some players are simply reckless.

• Wearing masks during sports won't work, it was simply ridiculous in Athletes Unlimited league. Players will pull them down all the time in between rallies in order to breathe better, so masks won't be a serious protection during a volleyball game unfortunately.

Macris wore her mask to play and won the Brazilian league and she didn’t pull it down, her nose and mouth were covered properly all the time. Players in AU league didn’t wear the masks properly doesn’t mean wearing masks in the game not working.
    Players should be more alert when they know their team / the team across the net has new covid cases. When they still have to play matches in this circumstances, what they can do to protect themselves is to wear the masks properly on & off the court.

• IMO the only REALLY safe precaution is to cancel the match. I mean, who would want to have sex with somebody who has a realistic chance of having an contagious sexual disease on that given day? And wearing a condom might give some safety, but there would still be an uncomfortable feeling and you'd probably want to wait until the person is healthy again. Sorry for the comparison but it might make things more clear...