Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• Neslihan Demir Güler is the new manager of Vakifbank. I'm so excited about this.

https://twitter.com/VakifBankS…/1267814521193639937?s=19

Why she is on Vakifbank if she played for ECZ for so many years... ECZ seems to need more a change than Vakifbank.

• Why she is on Vakifbank if she played for ECZ for so many years... ECZ seems to need more a change than Vakifbank.

Their old manager Pelin Yüce wants focus on her twin babies. Neslihan played in Vakifbank for years(2002-2006/2009-2010). It makes sense to me. And I'm super excited about this.

• Neslihan has "zero" manegerial experience. Vakıfbank is the best club in the world.

I expect her inexperience will cause quite a few problems...

Her "assignment" is purely political and reminds me of Ferhat Akbaş's becoming NT coach...

Her presence will only mean new headaches for Guidetti...

• Neslihan has "zero" manegerial experience. Vakıfbank is the best club in the world.

I expect her inexperience will cause quite a few problems...

Her "assignment" is purely political and reminds me of Ferhat Akbaş's becoming NT coach...

Her presence will only mean new headaches for Guidetti...

well, both Pelin Yuce and Basak Koc had zero managerial experience as well. Neslihan played in best clubs for years and knows how to be a part of it. She was a player in the past and she will be a manager now. I am sure she will learn the job quickly and adapt to it. It is not uncommon star players becoming manager, if Gozde was becoming manager of Vakifbank, who would have been surprised? Neslihan has been working for TVF and is an important name for FIVB and CEV. I believe it is a great choice.

Guidetti is like a boss in Vakifbank, if he wants manager to be changed, they change it. He wanted Nalan Ural gone, who was an important name in Vakifbank for years, because she was minding his business and she was gone. I am sure he was part of Neslihan’s recruitment. Congrats to her.

• Wasn't Pelin Yüce co-founder of Penivo, the player agency? So she had some experience running a business...

Neslihan wasn't even a captain in her team (Eczacıbaşı) , She showed no special talent for leadership or solidarity, She was pretty self-centered like most star-players are and there's nothing wrong about that...Her assignment to Vakıfbank is not based on merit, She should have at least worked 2-3 years in a similar position...Same goes for any "fresh" recruit, Gözde Kırdar whatever...

We don't know if Guidetti had a say on the matter, and getting rid of Neslihan will not be as easy as getting rid of Nalan Ural I can tell you...

It won't be the end of the world for Vakıfbank, they're like a well-oiled machine, but I would have liked a more experienced, more professional kind of manager...

• Wasn't Pelin Yüce co-founder of Penivo, the player agency? So she had some experience running a business...

Neslihan wasn't even a captain in her team (Eczacıbaşı) , She showed no special talent for leadership or solidarity, She was pretty self-centered like most star-players are and there's nothing wrong about that...Her assignment to Vakıfbank is not based on merit, She should have at least worked 2-3 years in a similar position...Same goes for any "fresh" recruit, Gözde Kırdar whatever...

We don't know if Guidetti had a say on the matter, and getting rid of Neslihan will not be as easy as getting rid of Nalan Ural I can tell you...

It won't be the end of the world for Vakıfbank, they're like a well-oiled machine, but I would have liked a more experienced, more professional kind of manager...

There's a misconception problem here. Being player agent does not require leadership skills. It requires having a good network and nice communication skills. I'm not saying she will be the best at this position but not being a captain is a wrong justification in your argument

Also what do you mean by saying that this is a political move? What kind of politics could involve at this transfer?

• It is easy to be manager in high budget club.

Make great transfer and great team with average budget. That is a task.

• There's a misconception problem here. Being player agent does not require leadership skills. It requires having a good network and nice communication skills. I'm not saying she will be the best at this position but not being a captain is a wrong justification in your argument

Also what do you mean by saying that this is a political move? What kind of politics could involve at this transfer?

She got the job because of her relationship with TVF and her popularity in the volleyball community. That's called "politics" as opposed to merit.

• Yes i would call that 'torpil' as well.

It is at the end of the day not much different from ppl picking ppl they favour for other political reasons in jobs etc.

I fully agree. She didn't get this way because of her qualifications, which if she wants a manager type of role, she could have worked her way up like everyone else imo.

For the record, I'm not mad at it and I'm happy for Neslihan. But I usually don't like these types of things.

• She got the job because of her relationship with TVF and her popularity in the volleyball community. That's called "politics" as opposed to merit.

Being popular also her asset and if the club values this assets, which obviously they do, then it is based on merit. Having a good network and being popular are good assets for such a position

• https://www.voleybolplus.com/transfer-sezonu-2020-21/

Yesss....İlayda Uçak seems to be loaned to Yeşilyurt by Vakıfbank. This was the news I was waiting for.

İlayda is to me the best MB prospect since Zehra. A little short for modern game but İlayda makes up for this with her exceptional athleticism. This girl can jump (about 75cm, almost as much as Christiano Ronaldo), a very rare quality among Turkish players. She has extraordinary energy, a jack-in-the-box like quality players like Folie and Ogbogu have. Also a very good blocker.

• I'm going to make a list on my take on all teams right now as I always do. I also edited the first page.

This all is on randomized order and not like a placement table. (which I will probably do when the full rosters are known)

Top teams: 5/16

VakıfBank: obviously they remain as strong and another contender for the championship as always.

Eczacıbaşı VitrA: Honestly my fave EzcV roster in a long time, Mirkovic-Elif setter duo might be questionable and Hande and Thompson receiving, but there is also Fatma ofc and Hande has improved a lot on reception.

Fenerbahçe: Serbia mini in TR, I mean I always love FB :D this roster is no change to that.

Aydın BBSK: Anthi will definitely fix the offense issue of Plak, and Adams and Janset for the other local MB duo of last season. I also expect Gamze Alikaya to be transferred soon. I'm surprised how great a team they put together. They could do better than the big 3.

THY: It is finally time for Ebrar to show the world what she can do, I would have transferred one foreign MB when Seyma is on court personally.

Mid table teams: 6/16 (11/16)

Galatasaray: If it is true that Rykhliuk stays, I would transfer one more dominant foreign MB and they might move up to the top teams list, I really would love to see what Ilkin Aydin can do.

Yeşilyurt: Derya and Alexia get a year older and that helps and there is a lot of young spirit going for the team which ofc is always fun, one foreign OH would settle the team. (meanwhile Lana Scuka got transferred :D)

Kuzeyboru SC: they have some good udnerrated names, what I'm wondering though is how will this team function, needs a good coach.

PTT: I'm a huge fan of Emiliya, her current form will determine a lot for this team and which of Dimitrova and Leyva they keep.

Nilüfer Bld: I'm never shading them again bcs it will make you look stupid at the end of the season :rolll: another good looking/underrated team, but I'm surprised they didn't kept last years squad together.

Kale 1957: Paula Borgo and Sila Çaliskan is a great base imo, let's see who else they transfer.

Lower end teams, for now: 3/16 (14/16)

Sariyer: I love Sariyer and their management and I guess their first goal is just to stay in the league, this is for sure not the most competitive team of VVSL 2020/21 though.

Ilbank Ankara: To be fair, I think their locals are not terrible, they should transfer some new players or keep Rachel Sanchez Perez and an OH at least. I think they will, if not they can join the likes of BJK and Bevi likely.

Karayollari Ankara: I don't know, typical lower end of the table team for Karayollari, I don't dislike this team so far from the roster. I prefer such lower end teams over BJK and Beylikduzu

WTF why even try teams: 2/16 (16/16)

BJK: they genuinely thanked TVF for allowing them to stay but they are not doing anything! Even those locals are not enough for this level idk what they are gonna do. They desperately need decent foreigners.

Beylikduzu:.............................................. really bevi? basically no players signed??? again ??? :wall::rolleyes: (I hope Maritza Plovdiv replaces them)