Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• Haak needs to bring her errors down, huh? 6 serve errors w/2 aces, 9 hitting errors -- team ECZ had 10. Coulda changed the match right there

And at least 3 of them (hitting errors) were during the tiebreaker...Definitely could have changed the match but well...a million things could have.

• Sorry to obsess on Ogbogu but I'm intrigued by her. I looked up last year's VNL and WC stats and she seems to be a lot more of a blocker than an attacker. I missed a couple chunks of the match today and don't remember her attacking at all (though she had 9). What is her style? A slider or a HULK SMASHER up the middle? Or both?

• Sorry to obsess on Ogbogu but I'm intrigued by her. I looked up last year's VNL and WC stats and she seems to be a lot more of a blocker than an attacker. I missed a couple chunks of the match today and don't remember her attacking at all (though she had 9). What is her style? A slider or a HULK SMASHER up the middle? Or both?

She can do both. Her quickness and athleticism helps with the slide attacks but she is also useful from in front of the setter with her really high jumps.

• I’m impressed with JT’s reception which is somewhat stable considering that she received 28 balls with only 3 errors. Not yet there but good enough for this match.

Statisticly 3 errors of 28 balls isn't bad, but stable reception isn't enough to be non error, she have a lot of receptions on 3 meters line or even behind, but yes it seems to me like she have potential to become stable and with lot of work on that she can be stable in future for sure.

She does a bit of both. She's the best blocker on the US NT

She didn't have many attempts today. Between not great passing and setting TB/JT, there wasn't many times where she was a good option.

• Congrats Eczacibasi! First of all I want to give some credits to Elif Sahin. She showed a solid performance, her second balls are great! Hope she can work on her connection with the middles for the rest of the season. Also Thompson impressed me once again. Her attacking is really strong, but also steady in defense and reception. Ofcourse her reception isn't perfect, but with her little experience at receiving on international level, it isn't bad at all! For Thompson to perform good in reception, Hande is really important. She did an excelent job today covering the court together with Simge! Boskovic did what she had to do and did a great job in attack. For the middle blocker position I would swap Yasemin and Ogbogu. IMO Yasemin is a better slider and Ogbogu better infront of the setter. Ogbogu is a bit to error prone on the slide for my taste. With a good set she is deadly infront of the setter with her hight and power!

For Vakifbank the only one who performed good where Ognjenovic and Meliha. Also Haak stepped up after the first set, but she is so lucky with Ognjenovic as her setter! She hits against a single block or no block at all, because of her. Haak needs to work on her hitting out of system. If she improves in that department, she comes closer to the level of Egonu and Boskovic. The rest of the Vakifbank players weren't on their usual level and I'm sure they will improve in the rest of the season, so it will be a lot more difficult for Eczacibasi to beat them. And I hope with whole my heart Guidetti will realise by then that Gizem should be the starting libero instead of Ayca!:roll:

• Congratz to Eczacıbaşı! they become a great team to watch! Such a young team! Setter from 2001, MB from 1999, all 3 wing attackers are born in 1997. After having so many veterans who passed their primes, finally Eczacıbaşı decided to invest/rely on their youngsters. Elif did a great job. I don't think she is one of those tall&boring setters. She has a great chance this season to prove herself and if she would succeed, finally ECZ would find their good local setter since Asuman Karakoyun retired

Thompson is playing surprisingly good, far from high level at reception but being so dominat at offense with high ratio is totally compensating her lack of reception skills. Boskoviç should be incredibly happy that finally someone is helping her at scoring

Hande was amazing at reception. Finally she is maturing, I hope she will reach her pre-injury performance soon. With such a solid reception on top of her killing attacks, she is an all-around OH in progress.

Simge is the glue of this team. Especially such young teams really need a good experienced libero, She is contributing the game so much as a libero

I also agree that Ogbogu and Yasemin should switch their rotations. I think Ogbogu is a better attacker as MB2 and Yasemin is a definitely better slider.

From Vakıfbank's side: Haak is making soooo many mistakes for her standards, which is weird because making very few unforced error was her signature feature among top Opps. I think the setter on court makes a drastic impact on her performance

I don't get the deal with Ayça, she is not anything special at this level. I don't see why Gui cannot get along well with Gizem. I wouldn't be surprised if she would be transferred to FB. She is definitely on high demand considering the fact that we have only very few good liberos in the market

• Does anyone know what the problem is between Gio and Orge?

There is a problem for sure. He did not invite her to the NT last year and I guess even the year before. Now, she is not even starting in her club.
    Its the same as always with Guidetti and his liberos I guess Örge follows the same fate like Gizem Karadayi.

• Too early to talk, but I told you guys this was one of the best team Eczacibasi build in a long time. I told the whole time Thompson was a solid passer at the NCAA level and she could be a good one as pro player as well. Her spiking skills don't need any presentation. Hande keeps growing. She's been impressive since the last ECH.

And Boskovic is simply from another planet. There are miles for Haak to be even close to her level. She's not only a beast physically and athletically, but she's amazing technically as well.

Ogbogu needs to be involved more. Yasemin is always good. Same for Simge.

• There is a problem for sure. He did not invite her to the NT last year and I guess even the year before. Now, she is not even starting in her club.
    Its the same as always with Guidetti and his liberos I guess Örge follows the same fate like Gizem Karadayi.

I know but what is the exact problem, it just doesn’t make any sense Orge didn’t even come in. Maybe she is out of form or injured?

I think what is funny is she is actually known more for her attack than block. I think once this setter gets better at setting the middles. Vitra will be very hard to stop.

• Too early to talk, but I told you guys this was one of the best team Eczacibasi build in a long time. I told the whole time Thompson was a solid passer at the NCAA level and she could be a good one as pro player as well. Her spiking skills don't need any presentation. Hande keeps growing. She's been impressive since the last ECH.

And Boskovic is simply from another planet. There are miles for Haak to be even close to her level. She's not only a beast physically and athletically, but she's amazing technically as well.

Ogbogu needs to be involved more. Yasemin is always good. Same for Simge.

I remember some of us (probably you included) were cautioned last year to rein in early kudos to Thompson. What frightens me about her is that she hits the ball hard, very calmly. No panic, no piss. She's Zhu Tingy that way, and a good candidate for taking care of the OOS balls if needed. She softens the ball in her reception. That surprises me. I think both of these skills come from her seemingly sweet personality. Be nice to the ball and the ball will be nice to you :)

• Does anyone know how was quarterfinals? Who beat Fenerbahce?

• I don't see why Gui cannot get along well with Gizem. I wouldn't be surprised if she would be transferred to FB. She is definitely on high demand considering the fact that we have only very few good liberos in the market

I also don't understand why. Gizem is much much better. Did anyone ever mention this weird thing going on between Gui and Gizem? If she's smart she would go to FB. It's not like transferring will hurt her chance of Gui inviting her to the NT anyway. Also if she moves to FB then things would be much more interesting because in papers VK is still stronger in every position.

• This is the Super Cup (between #1 and #2 of last year) not the Kupa Voley (Turkish Cup) which will be resumed in 2021

Thanks! I thought that turkish super cup would with more games as Italian super cup this year.

• Eczacibasi broke Vakifbank big run with victories in the row. Vakifbank was at 22 victories in the row if I'm not wrong !?

Even though I don't think this Ecz is stronger than last year but they are more fun, and in near future they can become great team with great leader Boskovic.