• Are you reading any books recently? Do you have any favorite books that you're very fond of and want to talk about how good they are?

In these difficult times, I was looking to read genres that I don't liked, mostly fantasy and sci-fi. I kind liked fantasy when I was younger, but I always thought of them as Young Adult and YA is really boring for me nowadays. But, I was impressed how much I liked this two last books I read. The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Beckie Chambers and The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. The way they created such good characters with a really good world-building backing them, it was astonishing! I'm really impressed and now I have to read more :P

• I really love thrillers and crime books and my favourite is ‘I am Pilgrim’ by Terrey Hayes. It’s quite thick book (Over 700 pages) but action in there is really high quality so recommend it to everyone who likes criminal stories.

• Are you reading any books recently? Do you have any favorite books that you're very fond of and want to talk about how good they are?

In these difficult times, I was looking to read genres that I don't liked, mostly fantasy and sci-fi. I kind liked fantasy when I was younger, but I always thought of them as Young Adult and YA is really boring for me nowadays. But, I was impressed how much I liked this two last books I read. The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Beckie Chambers and The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. The way they created such good characters with a really good world-building backing them, it was astonishing! I'm really impressed and now I have to read more :P

You read fantasy? Nice! I'm just getting back into it myself. I've been meaning to get my first Brandon Sanderson soon; been watching his classes on creative writing this year on Youtube and he seems great.

Also I've just read "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss a few months ago and I loved it. Also finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman a few weeks ago, but that one I haaaated. I'm currently reading something other than fantasy, which is "After Dark" by Haruki Murakami. Enjoying it so far.

I love the Way of Kings from Brandon Sanderson. Book 4 is coming out later this year and looking forward to it.

You read fantasy? Nice! I'm just getting back into it myself. I've been meaning to get my first Brandon Sanderson soon; been watching his classes on creative writing this year on Youtube and he seems great.

Also I've just read "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss a few months ago and I loved it. Also finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman a few weeks ago, but that one I haaaated. I'm currently reading something other than fantasy, which is "After Dark" by Haruki Murakami. Enjoying it so far.

I also read the Kingkiller Chronicles (Name of the Wind/ The Wise Man's Fear) by Patrick Rothfuss.. wonder if book 3 will every come out.

--

I suggest the book 'Blood Song' by Anthony Ryan if you like Brandon Sanderson and Patrick Rothfuss. This book can be read as a standalone.

• You read fantasy? Nice! I'm just getting back into it myself. I've been meaning to get my first Brandon Sanderson soon; been watching his classes on creative writing this year on Youtube and he seems great.

Me too! I didn't read many fantasies in my life, only the mainstream ones, Harry Potter, Song of Ice and Fire, that type of thing, and some others not so great... I was looking to read more sci-fi actually. After I read that book by Becky Chambers, I found some Youtube channel's talking about her, and one of these channels was making a special series about Sanderson and I was like "oh my god, this look awesome, I need to read this!" Then the Youtube algorithm started to flood me with Sanderson content and I watched some of his lectures. I even watched one of his signing livestreams, he's amazing haha

But I'm definitely intending to continue this trend and read more fantasy. Some friends of mine suggested I should read "The Fifth Season" by N.J Jemisin. It looks really good and all books from this series won a Hugo Award. But I'm currently too busy falling in love with Sanderson's world-building to care about other authors, but I will, for sure...

• I'm finishing the Ruby Red Trilogy: Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue and Emerald Green. I like the story, but not really the way it is written: too girling. Sometimes I ask myself why I'm finishing it. Some part of the books look like those teanagers soap operas full of cliché. The story itself is good.

Hunger Games is my favourite trilogy.

• Me too! I didn't read many fantasies in my life, only the mainstream ones, Harry Potter, Song of Ice and Fire, that type of thing, and some others not so great... I was looking to read more sci-fi actually. After I read that book by Becky Chambers, I found some Youtube channel's talking about her, and one of these channels was making a special series about Sanderson and I was like "oh my god, this look awesome, I need to read this!" Then the Youtube algorithm started to flood me with Sanderson content and I watched some of his lectures. I even watched one of his signing livestreams, he's amazing haha

But I'm definitely intending to continue this trend and read more fantasy. Some friends of mine suggested I should read "The Fifth Season" by N.J Jemisin. It looks really good and all books from this series won a Hugo Award. But I'm currently too busy falling in love with Sanderson's world-building to care about other authors, but I will, for sure...

my boyfriend got me back into fantasy this year and I'm glad he did lmao I missed reading stuff like that so much. I've been binging some booktubers that talk about fantasy books too and there's so much I want to read! the Sanderson books, The Fifth Season, The Poppy War series, The First Law series, The Sword of Kaigen... ugh

also never thought I'd find someone else here who's watching all those Sanderson videos lol that's pretty cool

I also read the Kingkiller Chronicles (Name of the Wind/ The Wise Man's Fear) by Patrick Rothfuss.. wonder if book 3 will every come out.

I suggest the book 'Blood Song' by Anthony Ryan if you like Brandon Sanderson and Patrick Rothfuss. This book can be read as a standalone.

I'm taking some time off before I read The Wise Man's Fear, but hopefully Rothfuss is able to finish the third book indeed. I need more Kvothe

also thanks for the rec! i'm gonna check out 'Blood Song' for sure

• Agatha Christie books are always fun. Just amazing mysteries that keep you guessing until the final page.

I studied literature at university (briefly) and I got kind of burnt out on reading novels, so recently I’ve more been reading non-fiction, short stories, plays and comic books. For me great characters is the most important thing and I love anything if I can identify or connect with the characters.

• Did any one read 'call me by your name'? I find it really pleasant to read. Now I'm reading second book 'find me'

• I have just started reading Ripley series from Patricia Highsmith last week. First book of the series, The Talented Mr. Ripley was amazing and I am about to finish Ripley Under Ground. Both are excellent psychological crime novels and really captivating. I find Patricia Highsmith’s writing ahead of its time and worth to try.

• saishuu , I just finished Words of Radiance.. It's unbelievable how good this series is... When you manage to start to read the Stormlight Archive, you won't be able to put it down... At least, I can't.. So good, ugh!

• saishuu , I just finished Words of Radiance.. It's unbelievable how good this series is... When you manage to start to read the Stormlight Archive, you won't be able to put it down... At least, I can't.. So good, ugh!

I'm looking forward to it! This series is at the top of my priority list for whenever I'm able to buy books again and I really wanna buy them instead of pirating. I'm currently feeding off my fantasy craving by reading Ursula K. Le Guin's A Wizard of Earthsea and it's great too!

• The art of loving by Erich Fromm

An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser

Compulsion by Meyer Levin

The loser by Thomas Bernhard

In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

A Gentleman in Moscow by Amos Towles

Alone in Berlin by Hans Fallada

The secret history by Donna Tartt

The goldfinch by Donna Tartt

The remains of the day by Kazuo Ishiguro

The bonfire of the vanities by Tom Wolfe

The kool-aid acid test by Tom Wolfe

Rebecca by Daphne de Maurier

The Emigrants by Vilhelm Moberg

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

• I've read The Goldfinch and I really find it beautifully written. Is The Secret History also good?

• Some favourite books by volleyball players:

Zuzanna Gorecka: Autobus Energii

Maria Vorobyeva: The Fault in Our Stars

Ksenia Smirnova: Books by Erich Maria Remarque

Victoria Russu: The Little Prince

Simone Anzani: Il cacciatore di acquiloni

Ergul Avci: The Devil Wears Prada

Erik Shoji: To Kill a Mockingbird

Valentina Diouf: The Angel's Game

Stefana Veljkovic: Anna Karenina

Bruno Mossa Rezende: The Da Vinci Code

Valentina Arighetti: Lord of the Rings